• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Madness
Member
(06-13-2014, 05:04 AM)
Madness's Avatar

Originally Posted by NathanCX

Just been playing me some Destiny and it's gotten me even more hyped for this collection, later this year is going to be amazing for Bungie fans.

Sucks for Bungie though as a lot of Xbox one players will probably bail on their newest game to play games they worked on for the past decade now under 343. But they said it themselves, you're not against us when you're playing with chief haha. Two months should be enough to enjoy what Destiny has to offer before I stick with the Mc collection and then H5 beta for the year.
rokkerkory
Member
(06-13-2014, 05:07 AM)
rokkerkory's Avatar

Originally Posted by Madness

I am as impatient as shit. I spent like a good thirty minutes staring at an Xbox One at the store wondering whether I should buy it, or wait until later to hear about pre-order bundles etc.

Plus, I just want to know everything about everything for this game. I want to see ViDoc's, interviews, game play videos. But there is probably some PR and marketing person for 343 telling them, you laid the bait, they're latched on, now reel them in slowly.

Just wait, it's coming soon!
Toa TAK
Ask me about Thor 2: The Darck World
(06-13-2014, 05:12 AM)
Toa TAK's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ozzy Onya A2Z

Halo Life Collection.

On the videos posting I was always partial to this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFW-VeOqi_o

YEEESSS

Man that video is so old.
Garrett 2U
Member
(06-13-2014, 05:14 AM)
Garrett 2U's Avatar

Originally Posted by furious

I can't believe how genuinely excited I am for this.

I've got a core group of (local) friends that I regularly have Xbox (360) LANs with. They haven't picked up an Xbox One, but genuinely enjoyed Halo 4. With the announcement, they've all agreed it's a good deal.

I can't wait to play the classic titles with them.

At E3 the Halo music came on, my heart started rushing.
Then the segment of the H2 trailer in HD came on, and pure shock took me, I couldn't even comprehend what was going on.
Then they started talking about master chief's past and I was in disbelief that the collection could be real.
Then they announced it an I was just overcome with joy.
Then they showed some of the menu, and I was almost hyperventilating, just waiting for them to mention multiplayer.
Then I saw the little multiplayer tab on the top of the menu and I got up, pointed at the screen and started yelling to my brother "oh my god, oh my god, multiplayer!!!!"
By the time they announced that the game included all the multiplayers and over 100 maps, I was literally out of my chair, rolling on the floor, laughing.
I had no idea how to deal with it so I called up one of my best friends that I met through Halo 2 eight years ago to talk about it with him.

This game is like a dream come true.. As dorky, and possibly a bit pathetic, as that all sounds.
Random17
Member
(06-13-2014, 05:23 AM)
Random17's Avatar
Things I'm looking forward to the most in Halo 2: here be nostalgia!

-Honour Guard Councillor Glitch:


-Or just Honour Guards in general:


-I'm 90% positive that these guys will have lights on their heads to ease up on the difficulty


-Glorious NM

-These guys and cutting the cable in Oracle
-Delta Halo Ruins
-Delta Halo Lake
-This cutscene
-High Charity
Toa TAK
Ask me about Thor 2: The Darck World
(06-13-2014, 05:24 AM)
Toa TAK's Avatar
I want to see what Tartarus will look like redesigned in both Blur and in-engine.
El_Chino
Member
(06-13-2014, 05:27 AM)
El_Chino's Avatar
Any confirmation on locked 60fps? Halo 4 locked it's frame rate pretty well,
Ozzy Onya A2Z
(06-13-2014, 05:30 AM)
Ozzy Onya A2Z's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toa TAK

YEEESSS

Man that video is so old.

So am I, sadly. At least my Halo twitch reflexes haven't completely left me yet.

Originally Posted by Garrett 2U

At E3 the Halo music came on, my heart started rushing.
Then the segment of the H2 trailer in HD came on, and pure shock took me, I couldn't even comprehend what was going on.
Then they started talking about master chief's past and I was in disbelief that the collection could be real.
Then they announced it an I was just overcome with joy.
Then they showed some of the menu, and I was almost hyperventilating, just waiting for them to mention multiplayer.
Then I saw the little multiplayer tab on the top of the menu and I got up, pointed at the screen and started yelling to my brother "oh my god, oh my god, multiplayer!!!!"
By the time they announced that the game included all the multiplayers and over 100 maps, I was literally out of my chair, rolling on the floor, laughing.
I had no idea how to deal with it so I called up one of my best friends that I met through Halo 2 eight years ago to talk about it with him.

This game is like a dream come true.. As dorky, and possibly a bit pathetic, as that all sounds.

Not pathetic at all mate. I had a similar thing, about 1 hour after the show a friend calls me and we chat about old school Halo for about 30 minutes. Mind you I've just watched 2 hours of E3 footage while sitting in my office :)

Phone call resulted in another LAN party being organised and then a party of like 15 later that night on Halo 4. Nerd life is best life.

Originally Posted by Toa TAK

I want to see what Tartarus will look like redesigned in both Blur and in-engine.

Campaign remake in game sight seeing: Regret boss room battle, oh my. Delta Halo, jaw dropping already.

Campaign CGI: Arbiter armour, Johnson, Chief's armour, Prophets
Last edited by Ozzy Onya A2Z; 06-13-2014 at 05:33 AM.
EchoChamber
Member
(06-13-2014, 05:33 AM)
EchoChamber's Avatar

Originally Posted by El_Chino

Any confirmation on locked 60fps? Halo 4 locked it's frame rate pretty well,

Dude, in the internet we cannot detect sarcasm.
Buwx
Junior Member
(06-13-2014, 05:36 AM)
Buwx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Garrett 2U

At E3 the Halo music came on, my heart started rushing.
Then the segment of the H2 trailer in HD came on, and pure shock took me, I couldn't even comprehend what was going on.
Then they started talking about master chief's past and I was in disbelief that the collection could be real.
Then they announced it an I was just overcome with joy.
Then they showed some of the menu, and I was almost hyperventilating, just waiting for them to mention multiplayer.
Then I saw the little multiplayer tab on the top of the menu and I got up, pointed at the screen and started yelling to my brother "oh my god, oh my god, multiplayer!!!!"
By the time they announced that the game included all the multiplayers and over 100 maps, I was literally out of my chair, rolling on the floor, laughing.
I had no idea how to deal with it so I called up one of my best friends that I met through Halo 2 eight years ago to talk about it with him.

This game is like a dream come true.. As dorky, and possibly a bit pathetic, as that all sounds.

WARNING: SENTIMENTAL POST

As I watched the E3 conference by my lonesome, I was literally gasping with excitement. Just the night before, a couple of friends and I were talking about the leaks and how they were too good to be true. We even joked about how 343i's big surprise would be "Halo: Spartan Assault 2" or "Halo Wars 2"... I ate those words at the reveal of Halo 2 Anniversary, chills ran down my spine upon the monk-chant, my heart sank upon hearing Keith David's voice, my jaw dropped in disbelief at the announcement of the Master Chief Collection... And I literally yelled "oh my god" to myself when they revealed the full multiplayer experience.

In all honesty, I was really afraid that this franchise was going to die. The community has been dying for the past couple of years... And it has been depressing. As nerdy, dramatic, and, in your words, pathetic as it may be, Halo has and is a major part of my life. Watching the community fall apart was painful, and I've felt like a dying breed; but this announcement has completely turned the tables around. It's given me hope that Halo has a future.
El_Chino
Member
(06-13-2014, 05:39 AM)
El_Chino's Avatar

Originally Posted by EchoChamber

Dude, in the internet we cannot detect sarcasm.

Not sarcasm lol. I feel like it held its FPS much better than Reach. I think DF said the same? Not sure, on mobile.
Garrett 2U
Member
(06-13-2014, 05:42 AM)
Garrett 2U's Avatar

Originally Posted by Buwx

WARNING: SENTIMENTAL POST

As I watched the E3 conference by my lonesome, I was literally gasping with excitement. Just the night before, a couple of friends and I were talking about the leaks and how they were too good to be true. We even joked about how 343i's big surprise would be "Halo: Spartan Assault 2" or "Halo Wars 2"... I ate those words at the reveal of Halo 2 Anniversary, chills ran down my spine upon the monk-chant, my heart sank upon hearing Keith David's voice, my jaw dropped in disbelief at the announcement of the Master Chief Collection... And I literally yelled "oh my god" to myself when they revealed the full multiplayer experience.

In all honesty, I was really afraid that this franchise was going to die. The community has been dying for the past couple of years... And it has been depressing. As nerdy, dramatic, and, in your words, pathetic as it may be, Halo has and is a major part of my life. Watching the community fall apart was painful, and I've felt like a dying breed; but this announcement has completely turned the tables around. It's given me hope that Halo has a future.

Agreed :D
EchoChamber
Member
(06-13-2014, 05:54 AM)
EchoChamber's Avatar

Originally Posted by El_Chino

Not sarcasm lol. I feel like it held its FPS much better than Reach. I think DF said the same? Not sure, on mobile.

Well in split-screen was a nightmare.
El_Chino
Member
(06-13-2014, 05:55 AM)
El_Chino's Avatar

Originally Posted by EchoChamber

Well in split-screen was a nightmare.

Oh, definitely. I meant more for the campaign and single screen performance.
TheOddOne
Member
(06-13-2014, 05:57 AM)
TheOddOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sub-Zero at a Starbucks

You see! I'm not the only one!

Booshka
Member
(06-13-2014, 05:57 AM)
Booshka's Avatar
We can recreate this guys Halo 2 addiction come November

This is by far my favorite vid for Halo 2 and XBL
hawk2025
Member
(06-13-2014, 05:59 AM)
hawk2025's Avatar
I really, really want to see some 60fps videos of this (especially Halo 3) and I'm surprised that I can't find it!
sp3000
Member
(06-13-2014, 06:12 AM)
Why are they remastering only 6 maps?

There were 12 maps in the original Halo 2. Of those, I'm pretty sure half have already been remastered in other Halo games

Zanzibar - Last Resort
Midship - Heretic
Lockout - Blackout
Beaver Creek - Battle Canyon
Headlong - Breakneck

So already that's 5 maps that were remastered that will not show up in Halo 2. If they just took those maps, and added 6 more, then it would pretty much be all the original Halo 2 maps.

It's going to kind of suck just playing 6 maps in the Anniversary playlist.
W.S.
Member
(06-13-2014, 06:14 AM)
W.S.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Toa TAK

I want to see what Tartarus will look like redesigned in both Blur and in-engine.

He's going to look awesome although I'll be very curious to see how they handle the transitions from the cut scenes to the in engine gameplay since the character models will have to look at least somewhat consistent.

I'm most looking forward to seeing how New Mombasa will look remade. It looked good in some spots but once you got to the plaza it looked pretty bad in terms of lighting and textures.
Steelyuhas
Member
(06-13-2014, 06:22 AM)
Steelyuhas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Madness

Sucks for Bungie though as a lot of Xbox one players will probably bail on their newest game to play games they worked on for the past decade now under 343. But they said it themselves, you're not against us when you're playing with chief haha. Two months should be enough to enjoy what Destiny has to offer before I stick with the Mc collection and then H5 beta for the year.

Or when Rockstar drops GTA V in September again and makes everyone else weep.
Madness
Member
(06-13-2014, 06:28 AM)
Madness's Avatar

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

Or when Rockstar drops GTA V in September again and makes everyone else weep.

True, but I think it's more going to be a blowout for PC'ers who've been waiting no? I couldn't imagine spending another 45+ hours with GTA V again unless there was some massive new content.
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(06-13-2014, 06:53 AM)
FyreWulff's Avatar

Originally Posted by Madness

Sucks for Bungie though as a lot of Xbox one players will probably bail on their newest game to play games they worked on for the past decade now under 343. But they said it themselves, you're not against us when you're playing with chief haha. Two months should be enough to enjoy what Destiny has to offer before I stick with the Mc collection and then H5 beta for the year.

It is pretty hilarious that this holiday is Bungie vs Bungie vs Activision re: shooters

THIS INDUSTRY IS RIGGED I TELL YA
Vilifier
Junior Member
(06-13-2014, 07:15 AM)
Vilifier's Avatar
This really is an amazing collection, I played so much Halo 2 multiplayer when it first came out, and to this day it is still one of a kind.

The one odd thing about the details about this collection is that it almost sounds like Halo CE, 3 & 4 are being emulated at a higher resolution, since it appears to maintain all the features/engine from the original games, but that doesn't make much sense because I could not imagine that the Jaguar CPU could handle emulating PowerPC. I have a habit of reading between the lines, and it just felt like 343i were dodging a lot of questions and being evasive about technical details, but maybe I am just paranoid!

Anyway I would love to hear more details on how much effort was required to port Halo 3 & 4 to Xbox one, since most of the focus has been on Halo 2 being remastered.
Striker
got struck
(06-13-2014, 07:17 AM)
Striker's Avatar

Originally Posted by sp3000

It's going to kind of suck just playing 6 maps in the Anniversary playlist.

Be like me and decide it's better to stick in the exclusive H2 playlists.
Steelyuhas
Member
(06-13-2014, 07:17 AM)
Steelyuhas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Madness

True, but I think it's more going to be a blowout for PC'ers who've been waiting no? I couldn't imagine spending another 45+ hours with GTA V again unless there was some massive new content.

Actually pretty curious to see how it sells. Obviously it's not going to drop another 30 million in six weeks, but I bet it does pretty damn well considering.

I'll be double dipping myself.

Originally Posted by Striker

Be like me and decide it's better to stick in the exclusive H2 playlists.

Yeah exclusive playlists are the way to go imo.

And by exclusive I mean why you play anything but CE and H2?
Last edited by Steelyuhas; 06-13-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Scarphace
Member
(06-13-2014, 07:20 AM)
Scarphace's Avatar
I have been holding out on getting a XONE but I think this, Halo 5, and Sunset Overdrive will make me pull the trigger.
MrGreencastle
Member
(06-13-2014, 10:35 AM)
MrGreencastle's Avatar
How long did it take you to clue in to the exact moment the teaser takes place? For me it was the second I saw the pickle. My mind exploded.
Random17
Member
(06-13-2014, 10:43 AM)
Random17's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrGreencastle

How long did it take you to clue in to the exact moment the teaser takes place? For me it was the second I saw the pickle. My mind exploded.

MC's face for me... but what really got the gears turning was recognizing Keith David's voice.
Ubersnug
Member
(06-13-2014, 10:45 AM)
Ubersnug's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrGreencastle

How long did it take you to clue in to the exact moment the teaser takes place? For me it was the second I saw the pickle. My mind exploded.

I would recognise that space pickle ANYWHERE!
jem0208
Member
(06-13-2014, 10:50 AM)
jem0208's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shogmaster

To celebrate this glorious collection and thread, let us all now watch the greatest Halo related video on the entire internets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO-0daDnumg

Basically from this video we have learnt that a horde of grunts is essential undefeatable.
Ubersnug
Member
(06-13-2014, 11:00 AM)
Ubersnug's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shogmaster

To celebrate this glorious collection and thread, let us all now watch the greatest Halo related video on the entire internets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO-0daDnumg


Oh man!

This makes me wish for the ability to add AI enemies to the Forge sandbox. Allow us to make up our own encounters and scenarios and, with the ability to record, I don;t think I would ever need another game....

STINKLES, listen to my wish and dreams come true please. I will leave shortbread and haggis under my pillow each night until you make my dream come true.
Last edited by Ubersnug; 06-13-2014 at 11:07 AM.
TheVoidDragon
Member
(06-13-2014, 11:06 AM)
TheVoidDragon's Avatar
It seems like they are going to use updated Halo 2 marine armour for the marines, which confuses what armour they actually use even more. Halo 1 Anniversary had them use the Halo: Reach version of the armour, which suggested that was how it was meant to look all along.
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(06-13-2014, 11:28 AM)
FyreWulff's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheVoidDragon

It seems like they are going to use updated Halo 2 marine armour for the marines, which confuses what armour they actually use even more. Halo 1 Anniversary had them use the Halo: Reach version of the armour, which suggested that was how it was meant to look all along.

Yeah.

But then again, Anniversary also used the Reach scorpion, and they didn't even bother to paint over the hole where the passenger turret would be in Reach :/
danwarb
(06-13-2014, 11:37 AM)
danwarb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vilifier

This really is an amazing collection, I played so much Halo 2 multiplayer when it first came out, and to this day it is still one of a kind.

The one odd thing about the details about this collection is that it almost sounds like Halo CE, 3 & 4 are being emulated at a higher resolution, since it appears to maintain all the features/engine from the original games, but that doesn't make much sense because I could not imagine that the Jaguar CPU could handle emulating PowerPC. I have a habit of reading between the lines, and it just felt like 343i were dodging a lot of questions and being evasive about technical details, but maybe I am just paranoid!

Anyway I would love to hear more details on how much effort was required to port Halo 3 & 4 to Xbox one, since most of the focus has been on Halo 2 being remastered.

They're obviously not emulating the xCPU. The original engines are ported to Xb One.
Last edited by danwarb; 06-13-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Uzny
Junior Member
(06-13-2014, 11:51 AM)
Uzny's Avatar
I'm buying x1 just for Halo:CE in 60 fps.

One question though - can I use the original weapon sounds from CE in campaign and multiplayer?
Ubersnug
Member
(06-13-2014, 11:52 AM)
Ubersnug's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uzny

I'm buying x1 just for Halo:CE in 60 fps.

One question though - can I use the original weapon sounds from CE in campaign and multiplayer?

In multiplayer, yes I assume, as that will be running in the original engine. Campaign, if you switch to the original engine, again, I assume you will get the classic sound effects.
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(06-13-2014, 11:52 AM)
FyreWulff's Avatar

Originally Posted by sp3000

Why are they remastering only 6 maps?

There were 12 maps in the original Halo 2. Of those, I'm pretty sure half have already been remastered in other Halo games

Zanzibar - Last Resort
Midship - Heretic
Lockout - Blackout
Beaver Creek - Battle Canyon
Headlong - Breakneck

So already that's 5 maps that were remastered that will not show up in Halo 2. If they just took those maps, and added 6 more, then it would pretty much be all the original Halo 2 maps.

It's going to kind of suck just playing 6 maps in the Anniversary playlist.

Probably time/production concerns.

Going to be even weirder since technically there are modern versions of 5 Halo maps, and 1 Halo 2 map.. but they were made for Reach, which isn't showing up in this collection.

Including Reach gets really weird due to them trying to strap Halo 1 into it:

Reach has:

Reflection, a remake of Halo 2's Ivory Tower
Battle Canyon, a remake of Beaver Creek, which was a remake of Battle Creek
Solitary, Prisoner remake
Ridgeline, Timberlands remake
High Noon, which is based off some of the changes made in Tombstone, which was a remake of Hang Em High
Breakneck, a remake of Headlong
Penance, a remake of Damnation

Forge World, which contains Coagulation's geometry and Blood Gulch's bases, Ascension made out of Forge pieces directly taken from the Ascension map data, and Asylum, a Forge remake of Sanctuary from Halo 2, also containing pieces made out of Sanctuary's map data

And Halo 4 still retains those Forge World pieces, you can remake Ascension in Halo 4's Forge with actual geometry from Ascension.

Shit is cray

Which is why I threw out the joke that Anniversary Coagulation actually being Forge World could be a thing. I've always said Halo games should carry forward all the Forge Canvases to future titles, and it'd be the only Forge canvas map missing otherwise.
Last edited by FyreWulff; 06-13-2014 at 12:15 PM.
monome
Member
(06-13-2014, 12:01 PM)
monome's Avatar

Originally Posted by Madness

Two months should be enough to enjoy what Destiny has to offer before I stick with the Mc collection and then H5 beta for the year.

I'm pretty much the opposite.

MC Collection feels like a pot-pourri where only Halo2A campaign and its 6 reworked MP maps are worth considering.

Playing rezzed-up versions of either Halo campaigns or maps when Bungie's new game offers co-op, MP, campaign in one modern package is a no-no.

I'm seriously flabbergasted no-one speaks of how deserted the playlists will be...

It releases after COD, after Battlefield, after Destiny, after Sunset Overdrive, after Assassin's Creed, all big games, all with major online play incentives...

I'm still happy I'll play vanilla Halo2 with reworked textures, but this collection is as much damage control (vs Destiny especially and after the repeat failure of Halo MP being the King) as it is a clebration of the X1 being Halo's home.
lifeexpectancy
Member
(06-13-2014, 12:17 PM)
lifeexpectancy's Avatar

Originally Posted by FyreWulff

Probably time/production concerns.

Going to be even weirder since technically there are modern versions of 5 Halo maps, and 1 Halo 2 map.. but they were made for Reach, which isn't showing up in this collection.

Including Reach gets really weird due to them trying to strap Halo 1 into it:

Reach has:

Reflection, a remake of Halo 2's Ivory Tower
Battle Canyon, a remake of Beaver Creek, which was a remake of Battle Creek
Solitary, Prisoner remake
Ridgeline, Timberlands remake
High Noon, which is based off some of the changes made in Tombstone, which was a remake of Hang Em High
Breakneck, a remake of Headlong
Penance, a remake of Damnation

Forge World, which contains Coagulation's geometry and Blood Gulch's bases, Ascension made out of Forge pieces directly taken from the Ascension map data, and Asylum, a Forge remake of Sanctuary from Halo 2, also containing pieces made out of Sanctuary's map data

And Halo 4 still retains those Forge World pieces, you can remake Ascension in Halo 4's Forge with actual geometry from Ascension.

Shit is cray

Which is why I threw out the joke that Anniversary Coagulation actually being Forge World could be a thing. I've always said Halo games should carry forward all the Forge Canvases to future titles, and it'd be the only Forge canvas map missing otherwise.

I don't see them ever including reach in this. It's the MCC not the Noble 6 collection. Not only that, but once this drops they will be putting their full weight into working on Halo 5.

I can tell you this, as an achievement hunter I am completely bipolar on this game. On the one hand, I want to take a few days off, pull a 48-hour marathon, and try to get the 4,000 gamerscore as fast as humanly possible.

On the other hand, I want to savor it in small bites, spread it out over weeks and weeks of enjoyment. So torn damnit!

Originally Posted by monome


I'm seriously flabbergasted no-one speaks of how deserted the playlists will be...
.

I don't see that being a problem. I have a feeling the Halo 4 playlists will be dead, for sure. The only people there will be the people more new to the series that didn't cut their teeth on Halo 1/2. But even in the twilight hours of Halo 2's life, after OG XBL had been officially shut down, there were still dedicated people maintaining a 24/7 lobby just to keep it alive. By all indications Halo 2's playlist will be very well populated, which suits me just fine.

Also the fact that it releases after all the other games instead of before them is a good thing. Because then people will have played those games and won't be jumping ship from the H:MCC for the 'new hotness' as fast.

This should be a VERY interesting experiment on just how many of the Halo faithful are still around.
Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 06-13-2014 at 12:24 PM.
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(06-13-2014, 12:20 PM)
FyreWulff's Avatar

Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy

I don't see them ever including reach in this. It's the MCC not the Noble 6 collection. Not only that, but once this drops they will be putting their full weight into working on Halo 5.

Chief is technically in Reach and Reach leads directly into Halo 1.

Reach isn't happening, we know that for sure. It's just interesting thought that there's actually some higher asset quality versions of maps they can't use because they're not porting the engine they run in.
TeRey09
Member
(06-13-2014, 12:20 PM)
TeRey09's Avatar

Originally Posted by monome

I'm pretty much the opposite.

MC Collection feels like a pot-pourri where only Halo2A campaign and its 6 reworked MP maps are worth considering.

Playing rezzed-up versions of either Halo campaigns or maps when Bungie's new game offers co-op, MP, campaign in one modern package is a no-no.

I'm seriously flabbergasted no-one speaks of how deserted the playlists will be...

It releases after COD, after Battlefield, after Destiny, after Sunset Overdrive, after Assassin's Creed, all big games, all with major online play incentives...

I'm still happy I'll play vanilla Halo2 with reworked textures, but this collection is as much damage control (vs Destiny especially and after the repeat failure of Halo MP being the King) as it is a clebration of the X1 being Halo's home.

It's not supposed to compete against Destiny, CoD, Battlefield, Sunset Overdrive or Assassin's Creed, it's a rerelease of a GREAT franchise with some GREAT new features.

What damage are they controlling? This is fanservice to get people hype for Halo 5 and MY GOD it's working VERY well with me.
lifeexpectancy
Member
(06-13-2014, 12:23 PM)
lifeexpectancy's Avatar

Originally Posted by FyreWulff

Chief is technically in Reach and Reach leads directly into Halo 1.

Reach isn't happening, we know that for sure. It's just interesting thought that there's actually some higher asset quality versions of maps they can't use because they're not porting the engine they run in.

Lol... 'technically' yes, but we all know Reach has no place in a Master Chief Collection. :)
E92 M3
Member
(06-13-2014, 12:32 PM)
E92 M3's Avatar

Originally Posted by sp3000

Why are they remastering only 6 maps?

There were 12 maps in the original Halo 2. Of those, I'm pretty sure half have already been remastered in other Halo games

Zanzibar - Last Resort
Midship - Heretic
Lockout - Blackout
Beaver Creek - Battle Canyon
Headlong - Breakneck

So already that's 5 maps that were remastered that will not show up in Halo 2. If they just took those maps, and added 6 more, then it would pretty much be all the original Halo 2 maps.

It's going to kind of suck just playing 6 maps in the Anniversary playlist.

The remastered maps won't play exactly like Halo 2...I'm going to be sticking in the original playlist for the true Halo 2 experience.
Uzny
Junior Member
(06-13-2014, 12:37 PM)
Uzny's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ubersnug

In multiplayer, yes I assume, as that will be running in the original engine. Campaign, if you switch to the original engine, again, I assume you will get the classic sound effects.

that was not the case in H:CE Anniversary on 360, that's why I'm asking.Thanks anyway :)
Twilight Gap
Banned
(06-13-2014, 12:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Buwx

WARNING: SENTIMENTAL POST

As I watched the E3 conference by my lonesome, I was literally gasping with excitement. Just the night before, a couple of friends and I were talking about the leaks and how they were too good to be true. We even joked about how 343i's big surprise would be "Halo: Spartan Assault 2" or "Halo Wars 2"... I ate those words at the reveal of Halo 2 Anniversary, chills ran down my spine upon the monk-chant, my heart sank upon hearing Keith David's voice, my jaw dropped in disbelief at the announcement of the Master Chief Collection... And I literally yelled "oh my god" to myself when they revealed the full multiplayer experience.

In all honesty, I was really afraid that this franchise was going to die. The community has been dying for the past couple of years... And it has been depressing. As nerdy, dramatic, and, in your words, pathetic as it may be, Halo has and is a major part of my life. Watching the community fall apart was painful, and I've felt like a dying breed; but this announcement has completely turned the tables around. It's given me hope that Halo has a future.



I was grinning ear to ear for the rest of the day after the announcement. Probably the best presentation on the stages.
Skele7on
Banned
(06-13-2014, 12:42 PM)


HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!

IWHBYD SKULL....
jem0208
Member
(06-13-2014, 12:43 PM)
jem0208's Avatar

Originally Posted by monome

I'm pretty much the opposite.

MC Collection feels like a pot-pourri where only Halo2A campaign and its 6 reworked MP maps are worth considering.

Playing rezzed-up versions of either Halo campaigns or maps when Bungie's new game offers co-op, MP, campaign in one modern package is a no-no.

I'm seriously flabbergasted no-one speaks of how deserted the playlists will be...

It releases after COD, after Battlefield, after Destiny, after Sunset Overdrive, after Assassin's Creed, all big games, all with major online play incentives...

I'm still happy I'll play vanilla Halo2 with reworked textures, but this collection is as much damage control (vs Destiny especially and after the repeat failure of Halo MP being the King) as it is a clebration of the X1 being Halo's home.

He's back to spout more crap about damage control!

How is all the Halo's with their original multiplayers not major online play incentives?? People love the original Halos and getting to play them again online is going to be amazing.

I know 2 people who are buying an X1 specifically for this game, and more than a few others who are considering it.
Last edited by jem0208; 06-13-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Skele7on
Banned
(06-13-2014, 12:45 PM)

Originally Posted by monome

I'm seriously flabbergasted no-one speaks of how deserted the playlists will be...

Broooooooo do you know how busy the halo 2 & 3 playlists will be.

MAN if each one has it's own 1-50

that's pretty much another 6 years of my life gone.

I'm going to hang a reef at my girlfriends feet, as between this and destiny she'll be dead to me and we live together....
REMEMBER CITADEL
Banned
(06-13-2014, 12:46 PM)
REMEMBER CITADEL's Avatar

Originally Posted by monome

I'm pretty much the opposite.

MC Collection feels like a pot-pourri where only Halo2A campaign and its 6 reworked MP maps are worth considering.

Playing rezzed-up versions of either Halo campaigns or maps when Bungie's new game offers co-op, MP, campaign in one modern package is a no-no.

I'm seriously flabbergasted no-one speaks of how deserted the playlists will be...

It releases after COD, after Battlefield, after Destiny, after Sunset Overdrive, after Assassin's Creed, all big games, all with major online play incentives...

I'm still happy I'll play vanilla Halo2 with reworked textures, but this collection is as much damage control (vs Destiny especially and after the repeat failure of Halo MP being the King) as it is a clebration of the X1 being Halo's home.

We heard you the first time around. Pot-pourri, though? This whole post reeks of damage control vs your previous post's ample package.
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(06-13-2014, 12:48 PM)
FyreWulff's Avatar
Full chart:

>> means remake
~> means based off of, but not a direct remake. More than spiritual successor
~~ means it can be remade using Forge pieces made out of the original map in Forge

Map Name means this map remake exists but is in Reach, and therefore currently unusable


Halo 1

Blood Gulch >> Coagulation ~> Hemorrhage
Battle Creek >> Beaver Creek >> Battle Canyon
Chill Out >> Cold Storage
Damnation >> Penance
Derelict >> Desolation
Hang Em High >> Tombstone ~> Longshore >> High Noon
Longest >> Elongation
Prisoner >> Solitary
Sidewinder >> Avalanche
Wizard >> Warlock

Halo 2

Ascension >> Pinnacle ~~ Forge Island >> Ascension Anniversary
Headlong >> Breakneck
Ivory Tower >> Reflection
Lockout >> Blackout ~~ Forge Island/Impact >> Lockout Anniversary
Midship >> Heretic
Sanctuary ~~ Forge Island
Zanzibar >> Last Resort >> Zanzibar Anniversary

Halo 3

The Pit >> Pitfall
Valhalla >> Ragnarok
Last edited by FyreWulff; 06-13-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Thread Tools