• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$200 Refurbished Wii U's Available Through Nintendo (1 Yr Warranty Included)

Colombo

This would be great if something similar was available worldwide. I have a friend who wants one but missed out on a good deal during Mario Kart 8 launch. I told him to wait and something would come up but the Wii U has mainly been selling at it's full retail price ($429) here in Australia ever since.

SlickVic

Got an email it shipped though no tracking number. Checking the order # on the website which says it's still in process without any indication it shipped. Hope it doesn't arrive before I get a tracking number (which earlier posts in this thread seem to indicate that is possible) since I don't want it to sit outside my apartment for a whole day while I'm out.

Wish I could just use UPS MyChoice to track it without the number, but UPS in it's infinite wisdom has determined my apartment complex is a commercial address so apparently I can't use that service.

SlickVic

Just got mine today. Obviously too early to speak to the reliability of these units, but just confirming what others have said:

-Both the system and gamepad look brand new. If these are used system, they are doing an awfully good job at hiding it

- Despite what the website says, you do indeed get the survey for 160 Club Nintendo points with these units.

Also, for those curious about the quality of the refurbished Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuck, I messed around with Super Mario Galaxy for about an hour or so and they seemed to work well. I'll update with any issues, but so far it's been quite a pleasant experience.

Exile20

Just got mine. Fucking pristine. Not a scratch.

Currently running the system update, then adding my Nintendo ID and praying to God that the free game code I got from Mario Kart 8 still works, even though it was set to expire on the 1st. It's still in my Club Nintendo rewards, so here's hoping. If not, I'll just call Nintendo and complain.

EDIT: As I feared, the code didn't work. I contacted Nintendo and the very helpful rep said he would contact the Club Nintendo team to either reactivate or give me a new code. I'm hoping that since my situation is a little odd they will help me out, although I will admit they have no reason to...not like I can return the console anyway.

EDIT 2: Nintendo came through! They're giving me $50 in credit so I can download the game. God I love this company.

That is amazing customer service. Good stuff, like to hear things like this.

suberzat

Still debating on if I want to purchase this or wait for the Black Friday sale. But with B2G1 deal on November 9th I feel that will make up for the bundles. Decisions decisions!

It's a bit frustrating that my U is so loud when it's got a disc in, as apparently it's a luck of the draw situation since only a few people have this issue.
Otherwise the refurb is perfect, as good as new.

I ordered mine on Friday, it still says order processing. Is there any consensus on how long standard shipping takes for these refurbs in the US or is it a crap shoot?

abrack08

I ordered mine at 11PM last night with 2 day shipping. Got email confirmation that it shipped today at 11AM, which was great. Much faster than I expected. But, the tracking they gave me isn't pulling up any detailed for me

UPS Tracking said:
>>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

But yeah, I've got the Smash bundle pre-ordered, and I'm gonna go pick up some games at Targets B2G1 tomorrow. I'm thinking Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, and Wind Waker HD

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I ordered mine at 11PM last night with 2 day shipping. Got email confirmation that it shipped today at 11AM, which was great. Much faster than I expected. But, the tracking they gave me isn't pulling up any detailed for me
This is a pretty standard error for any newly-produced tracking number. It's just not active yet. Give it a bit.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Are these gonna be back in stock anytime soon? I want one :-/

Mine is still going strong, just beat The Wind Waker, so glad I decided to buy this over a tablet. Having tons of fun with it. And I already have a backlog of disc and download titles!

Lucent

Wonder when/if they're ever going to get more of these. Kinda hard to bring myself to pay $300 for one when these are $200 and pretty much new.

Vena

Wonder when/if they're ever going to get more of these. Kinda hard to bring myself to pay $300 for one when these are $200 and pretty much new.

There was an ebay deal yesterday for 260$ with 3DWorld. Sell 3DWorld for 40/50$ and you get your 200$ console, lol.

Also I don't think these are ever coming back in stock, at least not in the same quantities as before. They were rebranded/repurposed dead stock (particularly of the 8GB variety) much more so than actual refurbs. The only future stock will be literal refurbs and those are rare.

Lucent

There was an ebay deal yesterday for 260$ with 3DWorld. Sell 3DWorld for 40/50$ and you get your 200$ console, lol.

Also I don't think these are ever coming back in stock, at least not in the same quantities as before. They were rebranded/repurposed dead stock (particularly of the 8GB variety) much more so than actual refurbs. The only future stock will be literal refurbs and those are rare.

Well that sucks. I guess I'm not in a huge hurry though. I am just gonna wait for a good deal, a limited edition, or when Xenoblade X or Zelda U is out. Whichever one of those things happens first.

Top Bottom