• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who has bought a Wii U within the past week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Me.

After all the doom and gloom Nintendo has had since launch, wow, seems like a major change in GAF opinion this past week. With a $200 system, plenty of good games today, and a great E3 showing, I'm back.

I know I'm not the only one here.

Since no one has done it yet, as someone who has owned the system from the first day, here are the games I think are worth buying/renting:

Zombi U
NSMB U + NSL U
Lego City Undercover
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Rayman Legends
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Wonderful 101
Mario Kart 8
Resident Evil Revelations, though the 3DS version is cheaper and arguably better
NES Remix 1 + 2 (digital only)
Zen/Star Wars Pinball (digital only)
Nano Assault Neo (digital only)
Mutant Mudds Deluxe (digital only)
Runner 2 (digital only)
D&D Arcade (digital only)

There are a couple of other good games out there depending on your tastes, like Wii Sports, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Need for Speed, Tekken, Lego Marvel, Sonic Racing, Skylanders, Scribblenauts and so on.

Here's a quick list of some games worth checking out for the Wii:

A Boy and his Blob
A Shadows Tale/Lost in Shadow
Bully Scholarship Edition
Deadly Creatures
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Fragile Dreams Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Ivy the Kiwi?
Kirby’s Epic Yarn
Kororinpa
Last Story, The
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, The
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, The
Mario Kart Wii
Metroid Other M
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Muramasa The Demon Blade
Mushroom Men The Spore Wars
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Punch-Out!!
Sin and Punishment Successor of the Skies
Sonic Colours
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wario Land the Shake Dimension
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure

Occam

Bboy AJ

Talks to himself

Today, 04:24 PM, Post #1

kidding, kidding. I'll probably get one after zelda is released

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yup, made a thread when I did it on the day of Nintendo's conference

yB14gge.jpg

Thinking of picking up DKC:TF on some errands today

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Welcome to the fold of being a true Nintendoge.

IMO go for Zelda as your free Kart game.

Also don't overlook the eshop! You need to grab Nano Assault ASAP!

Grinchy

Banned
My brother bought one last saturday and hooked it up to my TV. So I've been playing the shit out of it.

I spent more time yesterday playing Pikmin than Destiny.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Bboy AJ

Talks to himself

Today, 04:24 PM, Post #1

kidding, kidding. I'll probably get one after zelda is released

Heh, I just see GAF sentiment and articles like this and I know the tide is shifting. Maybe not enough but at least respectably.

E3 2014 was a rebirth for Nintendo. For the first time in a long while, the House of Mario is exciting again vrge.co/ST05WH

H1PSTER

I did and after their digital presentation for me personally that won them E3.

I'll be getting Mario Kart 8 and I'm going to get Pikmin 3 as my free game. After my holiday I'm going to purchase either Wonderful 101 or Super Mario 3D World too.

Before Nintendo's presentation tried to decide if I should purchase a XBone alongside my Ps4 but there aren't nearly as many games from Microsoft that I want (That aren't on Ps4) compared to the exclusives Nintendo have.

You could argue they saved themselves. They were very impressive during E3 and 2015 looks fantastic for not only Nintendo but gaming.

komplanen

Sold mine this week due to disappointing E3. I figured since there's nothing I'm interested in coming for the console for a very long time I'll just sell it and buy a Zelda U bundle when that time comes.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I havent - but i will get one next week. They got me once again. I sold mine in April/May 2013, so i have a lot of nice games to catch up to. Starting with 3D World and Wind Waker HD.

I ordered one during the digital event since they showed no signs of giving up on the system. I got a refurb from Nintendo and it's in perfect condition. I'm loving this system.

Bboy AJ

I can't sell my PS4 fast enough. Sony exclusives can't compete with Nintendo and as I game PC primarily, I'm not missing much.

I'm doing an internship, the money right now is strictly for luxury. I bought myself an xbone not long ago, and with this $200 Wii U deal from Nintendo, plus Mario Kart 8 for 36 from Target (ends today) plus getting a free Wii U game such as Windwaker HD if you register Mario Kart 8 by July 31st, it's hard to pass up the deal. I don't even own my Wii U yet, getting it next week or so, but I'm going to go buy Mario Kart 8 today.

So by next week I'll own all consoles and have a decently strong laptop that can play a lot of games that aren't graphics heavy.

I'll have leveled up as a gamer.

rSpooky

Me, MK8 bundle, that deal was too good to pass up, combined with the incredible fun with MK8 playing with the kids , real nice. It was convincing enough for me and I never intended to get one before.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm seriously tempted and I haven't owned a Nintendo console ever.
I've borrowed a friends N64 and also his Gamecube for six months or so but have never actually owned a Nintendo console.

If it was a bit cheaper I'd bite now. Upcoming games look like a lot of fun and the catalogue of games is pretty decent now.

Eolz

I didn't (I have one since last year), but I'm glad to see a newer, more positive narrative coming thanks to this E3 (forums, press, etc).

Have fun new owners
(after some updates)
!

Zips

Told myself I'd get one if I was successful in getting a nice position I interviewed for for some extra side cash.

Was gonna wait a bit longer, but the $200 refurb thing (as long as it proves reliable) + mk8's free game deal pushed me to go for it now.

Should be fun. Considering whether to pick up Lego city and w101 since they seem relatively cheap now too. I'll probably wait on that though to avoid going too spend-crazy.

Occam

Heh, I just see GAF sentiment and articles like this and I know the tide is shifting. Maybe not enough but at least respectably.

E3 2014 was a rebirth for Nintendo. For the first time in a long while, the House of Mario is exciting again vrge.co/ST05WH
I wouldn't go as far as calling it a rebirth, but they showed several games I'd like to play in the future (Zelda looks beautiful!) and Wii U already has a seizable library of quality Nintendo games.
While I wouldn't recommend Wii U as a primary console to anyone, it's shaping up to be an excellent Nintendo adapter which I wouldn't mind owning as a secondary system (besides my PS4). I bought my Wii when the price had reached ~180 EUR/ 240 USD; i think that's the point at which I'll bite again.

Banned
I love now 80% of the posters haven't bought a Wii U within a week, completely ignoring the thread title and OP lol.

I got mine launch day so I don't count in this a group.

I'm actually surprised at how many gaffers are snagging up the $200 refurbished deluxe Wii U's. It is a great deal but I can't stand used anything.

Vashetti

Banned
Needs a few pricecuts before I jump in.

£150 for a Premium (and maybe a game) and I'm in.

Interested in:

Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Yoshi's Wooly World

Bboy AJ

I'm actually surprised at how many gaffers are snagging up the $200 refurbished deluxe Wii U's. It is a great deal but I can't stand used anything.

But no one has received a used one. They're new.

Yeah, I ended up buying one yesterday. Traded in my Wii (that I hadn't used in years) to Gamestop towards a new Wii U. Got the New Super Mario Bros bundle and just bought Mario Kart by itself. Sort of thinking I maybe should have just gotten the Mario Kart bundle though, cus I can't seem to find my extra wii controller so now I can only play Mario Kart with one other person. Guess I'll just have to wait and buy some pro controllers soon.

I'm getting one next weekend hopefully! Defs a good time for it. I've been addicted to Mario Kart and Donkey Kong at the demo units at JB HIFI

pswii60

Just bought the Wii U Premium with Nintendoland this afternoon for £179 from Costco, good price.

GF begged me to get one again after she saw the E3 games. I'm excited for Bayonetta and Shovel Knight mainly, and Zelda of course.

Bboy AJ

Refurbished usually means they clean any scratches or replace the console casing isn't it?

Not always. Either way, check the gaf thread. Everyone is convinced these are new, unsold stock.

Banned
Needs a few pricecuts before I jump in.

£150 for a Premium (and maybe a game) and I'm in.

Interested in:

Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Yoshi's Wooly World
You want an expensive bottle of champagne on a boxed wine budget basically.

Anteater

I was going to check the price at a store but it was closed...

but i wasn't going to pick one up, not until october at least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom