• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

magiustra
Member
(09-10-2015, 12:42 PM)
magiustra's Avatar
Teehunter today published a recap of the best Splatoon inspired fan-made tshirts around: http://teehunter.com/2015/09/splatoon-t-shirts/

Some of them are really good.
Baron von Loathsome
Member
(09-10-2015, 02:46 PM)
Baron von Loathsome's Avatar

Originally Posted by magiustra

Teehunter today published a recap of the best Splatoon inspired fan-made tshirts around: http://teehunter.com/2015/09/splatoon-t-shirts/

Some of them are really good.



Man.
Tye The Czar
Member
(09-11-2015, 02:06 AM)
Tye The Czar's Avatar

Originally Posted by twothunder

Manga artists draw quite a bit of Splatoon

Hiro Kanzaki ( Illustrator for Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai / My Little Sister Can't be this Cute ) drew Splatoon's Squid Sisters

My Little Squidols Can't be This Fresh!
Speedydonut
Member
(09-11-2015, 02:13 AM)
Speedydonut's Avatar
Vena
Member
(09-14-2015, 08:13 PM)
Vena's Avatar
And it just keeps coming and getting better and better:


Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/kei2468/s...73421073571840


Source: http://katribou.tumblr.com/post/1289...salt-stripeboy

ThatRandomCliff
Member
(09-24-2015, 04:07 AM)
ThatRandomCliff's Avatar
Found this on twitter .

BDGAME
Member
(09-24-2015, 04:22 AM)
BDGAME's Avatar
twothunder
Member
(10-20-2015, 10:59 PM)
twothunder's Avatar
Been a while since I posted here.
Have an entire Splatoon fan comic by めぶいた @mebuita about a boy hero inkling and undercover reconnaissance octoling girl.
https://twitter.com/mebuita/status/629924066426617856 or
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=53232175

みんなに内緒でヒーローやってる系の学生イカくんください!!!!!!!!


の出会いはきっとこんな感じ。この後偵察とか言って変装してハイカラシティに潜入しちゃうんだな

イカタコ漫画 続きっぽいやつ。恋する戦士ワカメちゃん

イカタコ漫画。再会。 ヒーローくんは普段メガネなのでお互い気づいてなくて両片思いになっちゃえばいいと思うよ!


イカタコ漫画続き、これでラスト。ラストというのは最初に描いた「ヒーローの正体を知っていたクラスメイトの女の子が実はタコゾネスだった」という前提にするた めの過去編漫画の完結ということであって、これからもこの子たちは描いていきたいです!

Separate Japanese text are the artist comments. Sadly. I can't translate the comic or comments.
Last edited by twothunder; 10-27-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Ryng_tolu
Banned
(10-25-2015, 02:22 AM)
EDIT: Nevermind
Last edited by Ryng_tolu; 10-25-2015 at 11:21 AM.
Alfebit
Member
(10-25-2015, 08:31 AM)
Alfebit's Avatar
Lock the thread
foxuzamaki
Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
(10-25-2015, 08:49 AM)
foxuzamaki's Avatar

Originally Posted by twothunder

Manga artists draw quite a bit of Splatoon

Hiro Kanzaki ( Illustrator for Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai / My Little Sister Can't be this Cute ) drew Splatoon's Squid Sisters


https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/637024000485539840

And from lazorchef.tumblr.

Woomy war face

http://lazorchef.tumblr.com/post/127...illed-for-this

sombrero inkling

http://lazorchef.tumblr.com/post/127...y-inklings-and

yas



edit: goddamit ryng
Last edited by foxuzamaki; 10-25-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Spring-Loaded
Member
(10-25-2015, 09:12 AM)
Spring-Loaded's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ryng_Tolu

Hi guys, who like "Vore"? ;)

Keep that here. You'll probably be banned otherwise.
twothunder
Member
(10-25-2015, 10:12 AM)
twothunder's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ryng_Tolu

Hi guys, who like "Vore"? ;)

Ugh. Seriously. Remove that and don't ruin the thread.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway. Some fanart of Octolings / タコゾネス in different outfits.

Based on the outfits from the two mascots from the squid vs Octopus splatfest

https://twitter.com/_WAHOO_/status/650323964892348416

Octoling idol / One of the Octo sisters ? / or just a Callie and Marie fan

https://twitter.com/mmlu/status/652426060831682560

Octoling schoolgirl

https://twitter.com/x150710x/status/649846368521949184

Hero octoling and.. octo inkling? they did swap clothes in the credits

https://twitter.com/game28_/status/653233361855512577

And an Octoling bride
Splatoon beating fire emblem in both sales and Waifu

https://twitter.com/adatixbw/status/652417969218154496
Last edited by twothunder; 10-25-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Ryng_tolu
Banned
(10-25-2015, 11:23 AM)

Originally Posted by twothunder

Ugh. Seriously. Remove that and don't ruin the thread.

Originally Posted by Spring-Loaded

Keep that here. You'll probably be banned otherwise.

Sorry, my bad, haha, i removed the photo.

Didn't knew was banned. xD
Last edited by Ryng_tolu; 10-25-2015 at 11:27 AM.
foxuzamaki
Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
(10-26-2015, 01:36 AM)
foxuzamaki's Avatar

Originally Posted by twothunder

Ugh. Seriously. Remove that and don't ruin the thread.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway. Some fanart of Octolings / タコゾネス in different outfits.

Based on the outfits from the two mascots from the squid vs Octopus splatfest

https://twitter.com/_WAHOO_/status/650323964892348416

Octoling idol / One of the Octo sisters ? / or just a Callie and Marie fan

https://twitter.com/mmlu/status/652426060831682560

Octoling schoolgirl

https://twitter.com/x150710x/status/649846368521949184

Hero octoling and.. octo inkling? they did swap clothes in the credits

https://twitter.com/game28_/status/653233361855512577

And an Octoling bride
Splatoon beating fire emblem in both sales and Waifu

https://twitter.com/adatixbw/status/652417969218154496

Wait, there is a official octoling idol now?
Phocks
Member
(10-26-2015, 01:48 AM)
Phocks's Avatar

Originally Posted by foxuzamaki

Wait, there is a official octoling idol now?

No. They just appeared as the mascots for the Squid v. Octopus teams in japan.
twothunder
Member
(10-26-2015, 09:42 AM)
twothunder's Avatar

Originally Posted by foxuzamaki

Wait, there is a official octoling idol now?

No official octoling idol... yet
The squid vs Octopus splafest was hosted by two company mascots. One Octopus girl and one Squid girl
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway. Saw some people surprised about the sudden influx of Octoling fan art on twitter today.
Seems Japanese splatoon fans and artists on twitter hold a weekly 60Min art challenge for Splatoon

https://twitter.com/Splatoon60
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...B2%A0&src=typd

Today's challenge was Octoling artwork. / タコゾネス artwork

More Octoling idols / Octopus sisters

https://twitter.com/adatixbw/status/658282326569254912

Like the different style of this one

https://twitter.com/tamago_yake/stat...89433729372160

Looking up to your senior

https://twitter.com/te_tr/status/658289643981373440

Expecting DJ Octavio? Hero Octoling beat you to it ,squid.

https://twitter.com/myon08myon/statu...86598707019776

Octoling in Casual clothes. Stay Fresh

https://twitter.com/1kab0shi/status/658308583273005056

An awkward friendship

https://twitter.com/_yurubafa_/statu...86403122413569

Halloween Octolings as witch girls

https://twitter.com/04kozy/status/658289941042978816

Riding an inkbrush as a broom. Just a cute piece of octoling fanart

https://twitter.com/ningukt/status/658283940147388416

Could post more but that's enough for one post.
Last edited by twothunder; 10-26-2015 at 11:46 AM.
foxuzamaki
Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
(10-26-2015, 10:07 AM)
foxuzamaki's Avatar
The more octolings, the better
Zack Zavage
Member
(10-26-2015, 12:22 PM)
Zack Zavage's Avatar
This game has some of the best artstyle I've seen so far. It's predestined to get fan art.
Regiruler
Member
(10-26-2015, 06:00 PM)
Regiruler's Avatar
But where's male octoling. Come on Nintendo.

I hope it's not some BS justification that they're all female because they didn't think to do male models.
Robotguy
Member
(10-26-2015, 06:13 PM)
It's too hard to animate male octopi.
twothunder
Member
(10-27-2015, 04:15 AM)
twothunder's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zack Zavage

This game has some of the best artstyle I've seen so far. It's predestined to get fan art.

Indeed. It does have a great artstyle. Splatoon got much fan art even just after it was announced.

Originally Posted by foxuzamaki

The more octolings, the better

Okay then. Part 2 of the fanart that was made for the Octoling / タコゾネス artwork challenge on twitter

Seductive octoling girls
Gotta love how this is quite a different spin on their design. Would these be western octolings?

https://twitter.com/raven00kiss/stat...92350779715584

Cute and sad octopuses

https://twitter.com/kon_712/status/658282263034007552

Sitting with crossed legs , showing off her eyes and smiling.

https://twitter.com/knfm_spindle/sta...82138534457346

Standing and smiling this time

https://twitter.com/htn_nm/status/658281919302397952

Gotta love both the style and coloring

https://twitter.com/yunoji_x/status/658281775366467584

Octoling and Octoball

https://twitter.com/istasaaan/status/658281238243901440

Stylish octoling schoolgirl. Love the artstyle

https://twitter.com/AmkS_krg/status/658281004734373889

Just noticed you

https://twitter.com/ymg_3251/status/658279597394386944

Moody octoling girl according to the artist. Makes for nice reaction image.

https://twitter.com/ago_ga_itaiyo/st...79168895942656
Vena
Member
(10-27-2015, 05:01 AM)
Vena's Avatar

Originally Posted by Regiruler

But where's male octoling. Come on Nintendo.

I hope it's not some BS justification that they're all female because they didn't think to do male models.

Originally Posted by Robotguy

It's too hard to animate male octopi.

The Final Boss.
Regiruler
Member
(10-27-2015, 05:06 AM)
Regiruler's Avatar
That's not contradictory to what I said. I want a basic male grunt octoling, and based on octavio having a human form there should be no reason they don't exist.
Vena
Member
(10-27-2015, 05:09 AM)
Vena's Avatar

Originally Posted by Regiruler

That's not contradictory to what I said. I want a basic male grunt octoling, and based on octavio having a human form there should be no reason they don't exist.

I'm saying they obviously aren't all female.
twothunder
Member
(10-27-2015, 06:11 AM)
twothunder's Avatar
We almost didn't even have a male inkling.
As for the male octoling. The name octoling gives the impression of a species.
Yet. In japanese. The octoling girls are apparently called Takozonesu (From octopus and amazons) and seem more like a female fighting unit.
So. It makes sense you only fight girl octopus.
Still. Like Vena said. Male humanoid octopuses exist. They will probably just have a different japanese name.

Anyway. This is a fan art thread and so.. some more fanart based on the Japanese Love VS Money Splatfest starring Callie and Marie

Guy somehow reminds me of Gary Oak...

https://twitter.com/kanzaka123/statu...87284974452737

The next two.. @n_kamui doing quite an impressive Callie and Marie

https://twitter.com/n_kamui/status/658070162378088448

]

https://twitter.com/n_kamui/status/658105637465812993

Magical squids girls or magical squid sisters ?

https://twitter.com/nigo_ika/status/658210178060304384

Comes pretty close to the official art

https://twitter.com/mebuita/status/658318644468801536
foxuzamaki
Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
(10-28-2015, 03:06 AM)
foxuzamaki's Avatar
I sometimes wish japan and the western world can share a splatfest, I would love to see the english dialogue for calie and marie on love and money
spindashing
Ku Klux Kawaii
(10-30-2015, 07:04 PM)
spindashing's Avatar



Source: http://cheydumpling.tumblr.com/post/132289976446
Last edited by spindashing; 11-01-2015 at 11:13 PM.
SparksterMeta0
Member
(11-01-2015, 12:12 AM)
SparksterMeta0's Avatar
Found this relating to today's [NA] Splatfest.


Source: http://3drod.tumblr.com/

EDIT: This person also made these from previous Splatfests.




Originally Posted by foxuzamaki

I sometimes wish japan and the western world can share a splatfest, I would love to see the english dialogue for calie and marie on love and money

If I could picture the NA version, I think it would go like this:
MARIE: So Callie, which do you prefer? Love or Money?
CALLIE: L-O-V-E, baby! You know money can't buy you happiness!
MARIE: Maybe, but L-O-V-E doesn't pay the B-I-L-L-S. Money all the way!
Last edited by SparksterMeta0; 11-06-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Triforce141
Member
(11-01-2015, 12:15 AM)
Triforce141's Avatar

Originally Posted by SparksterMeta0

Found this relating to today's [NA] Splatfest.


Source: http://3drod.tumblr.com/

Spyke is basically Goku.
foxuzamaki
Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
(11-01-2015, 02:09 AM)
foxuzamaki's Avatar

Originally Posted by SparksterMeta0

Found this relating to today's [NA] Splatfest.


Source: http://3drod.tumblr.com/

EDIT: This person also made these from previous Splatfests.



If I could picture the NA version, I think it would go like this:
MARIE: So Callie, which do you prefer? Love or Money?
CALLIE: L-O-V-E, baby! You know money can't buy you happiness!
MARIE: Maybe, but L-O-V-E doesn't pay the B-I-L-L-S. Money all the way!

I.....I think you nailed it

Originally Posted by twothunder

Some Splatoon Halloween fan art from pixiv

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=53300346


http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=53298508


http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=53301943


http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=53318261


http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=53312320


http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=53314413

Awesome, splatoon kinda lends itself to halloween well imo
twothunder
Member
(11-15-2015, 02:48 AM)
twothunder's Avatar
Some official artwork this time

Corocoro has a new short Splatoon manga that's free to read on their website

http://www.corocoro.tv/tachiyomi/splatoon/index.html

and some Splatoon art from the Art Academy: Home Studio time-lapse video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF3rsbXQYjg
sixteen-bit
Member
(11-15-2015, 11:45 AM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar
Cool 11/12 Nintendo Direct fan art by stupjam.tumblr.com

Big Nikus
Member
(11-15-2015, 05:14 PM)
Big Nikus's Avatar
^
I love that one !
Malyse
stop advertising threads
(11-22-2015, 10:55 PM)
Malyse's Avatar


http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=52557950

playable octoling when?
Neiteio
Banned
(11-23-2015, 05:45 AM)
Neiteio's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

Cool 11/12 Nintendo Direct fan art by stupjam.tumblr.com

This is fantastic. I see references to Twilight Princess HD and the Wolf Link amiibo (obviously), Linkle in Hyrule Warriors Legends, Star Fox Zero (the scouter on Wolf Link), Mario Tennis Ultra Smash (the ball), Mario Maker and Splatoon updates, and Cloud in Smash. Also, a nice nod to how Iwata was there in spirit. :-)
Geminosity
Member
(11-23-2015, 05:55 AM)
Geminosity's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neiteio

This is fantastic. I see references to Twilight Princess HD and the Wolf Link amiibo (obviously), Linkle in Hyrule Warriors Legends, Star Fox Zero (the scouter on Wolf Link), Mario Tennis Ultra Smash (the ball), Mario Maker and Splatoon updates, and Cloud in Smash. Also, a nice nod to how Iwata was there in spirit. :-)

Didn't notice some of those, nice catch! :o
That said, you missed the pokeball at her hip :3
Crazyorloco
Member
(11-23-2015, 05:59 AM)
Crazyorloco's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neiteio

This is fantastic. I see references to Twilight Princess HD and the Wolf Link amiibo (obviously), Linkle in Hyrule Warriors Legends, Star Fox Zero (the scouter on Wolf Link), Mario Tennis Ultra Smash (the ball), Mario Maker and Splatoon updates, and Cloud in Smash. Also, a nice nod to how Iwata was there in spirit. :-)

Wow i didn't notice all of that. Nice. Great art!
sixteen-bit
Member
(11-29-2015, 02:02 AM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar


https://twitter.com/mabuchiyo/status/670563930759131136
twothunder
Member
(11-29-2015, 04:33 AM)
twothunder's Avatar
More fanart from Masahiro Anbe. The creator of Squid girl

Seems he wants to see some Christmas gear.

https://twitter.com/masahiro_lemon/s...721536?lang=en
MannyToons
Member
(11-29-2015, 11:22 PM)
MannyToons's Avatar
Agh, I looove the fan art in this thread. It's all super inspiring. Fortunately, I finally managed to get a laptop of my own again, so I can get back to drawing. Here's my own (simple) contribution to the thread:

(I like male inklings. :x)
Fandangox
Member
(11-29-2015, 11:25 PM)
Fandangox's Avatar

Originally Posted by MannyToons

Agh, I looove the fan art in this thread. It's all super inspiring. Fortunately, I finally managed to get a laptop of my own again, so I can get back to drawing. Here's my own (simple) contribution to the thread:



(I like male inklings. :x)

This one is very good, reminds me of Ed, Edd & Eddy.
MannyToons
Member
(11-29-2015, 11:41 PM)
MannyToons's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fandangox

This one is very good, reminds me of Ed, Edd & Eddy.

I'll admit it. Ed Edd n' Eddy has been a HUGE inspiration for my art style. Especially with how I draw pants. :P
Regiruler
Member
(11-30-2015, 01:31 AM)
Regiruler's Avatar

Originally Posted by MannyToons

I'll admit it. Ed Edd n' Eddy has been a HUGE inspiration for my art style. Especially with how I draw pants. :P

Most unrealistic thing about the drawing.
Alebrije
Member
(11-30-2015, 01:49 AM)
Alebrije's Avatar



Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(12-12-2015, 01:12 PM)
Jintor's Avatar


the world below
Nightbird
Member
(12-12-2015, 01:22 PM)
Nightbird's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jintor



the world below

Amazing

Thread Tools