• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neptune VII confirmed for PS4

fek

New info from a 4gamer interview:
The game is the next numbered entry in the Neptunia series and depicts three stories set in three separate dimensions. They are:

Zero Dimension Game Neptune Z: Ragnarok of The Abyss Goddess
Hyperdimension Neptunia G: Gold Vanguard Gamindustri Existence of Change
Heart Dimension Game Neptune H: Trilogy Final Into the Legend

Initially, Compile Heart thought of releasing each story as a separate titles, and thus created different logos for each.

In the Zero Dimension, a new character named Uzume Tennohboshi, the “The Abyss Goddess,” will be at the story’s focus. (In fact, she’ll be a key part of each dimension’s story.) Neptune and her younger sister Nepgear find themselves blown into the world of the Zero Dimension, where they come across Uzume and an adult-like Neptune. This adult-looking Neptune is said to be a different person from the regular Neptune.

The battle system of Neptunia VII will be completely new. It’s said to be close to the traditional system, however, the structure of combos have changed. Character positioning will also be of high importance and play to your advantage in enclosing the enemy.

As previously detailed, each goddess will also have a new “Next Form.”

Source: Gematsu

AQ4gM6G.jpg

HGH

Banned
Any chance this makes 2015 in the west?
Seems possible, although I'd only say in December if at all. I mean, they have ReBirth 2 slated for January and Noire for February, and they'll probably have ReBirth 3 and U out by late summer if they keep up the pace.

A couple of people scanned some of the pictures in the latest articles that Gematsu mentionned. You can see some screenshots of gameplay(3rd image). Seems more or less similar but refined.

EDITED:Oops apparently scans are off limit, sorry about that.

Some translations as well:

To a new region!
Combo attack system changed

The main attack "combo attack"'s structure has changed. There are three types of combos, instead of "break" there is "standard". The number of times you can attack in a combo is decided by your weapon, it is a system that makes strategic battles possible.
Attacks that can be used in a combo:

Rush
Damage is low per attack, but the number of hits are high. If used in succession you can gain a lot of hits.

Power
It is the opposite of rush, higher damage but lower number of hits. You can shave off a lot of the enemies HP.

Standard
In between power and rush. While increasing hit count it is helpful in taking out the enemies HP.

Check
There are special traits in combos
When performing combos, according to the order you use attacks the power of the attack increases. This "special trait" can be checked in the menu when you're setting the combos.

Satisfy the conditions and the power of the attack goes up, the name of the attack lights up as an indicator.

"Formation Skill" position is important
"Formation Skill" A special move that several characters can unleash. When using these skills, if it's 2 characters using the skills then close in on the enemy, if it's 3-4 characters then surrounding the enemy is needed. Always have the position of the enemy in your head and combine techniques.

From the system menu "Formation Skill"'s you can check the activation conditions
When you select "Formation skill" a line will be draw to the corresponding characters.
You can see one of the formation skills in the third picture requires a triangular positioning.

Oh and the main site is out.
http://www.compileheart.com/neptune/v2/
Nothing new except for the story section.

Highlights from the recent website updates:

Alter-Nep needs to be the new lead heroine of the franchise. Just saying.

Feeling pretty positive towards Uzume as well. I'm hoping her HDD form is suitably fiery and aweso--

--welp. Mixed feelings towards Orange Heart, though her design's fairly respectable as far as HDDs go.

And some other screens. Game's looking pretty cheerful so far. Can't wait for the Conquest VII ending.

Ultimadrago

Uzume is voiced by Honda Mariko, so I'll have no choice but to get this game and complete it despite my issues with Victory (that I fully expect to return in full force here). RIP

baekshi

Banned
Highlights from the recent website updates:

Alter-Nep needs to be the new lead heroine of the franchise. Just saying.

Feeling pretty positive towards Uzume as well. I'm hoping her HDD form is suitably fiery and aweso--

--welp. Mixed feelings towards Orange Heart, though her design's fairly respectable as far as HDDs go.

And some other screens. Game's looking pretty cheerful so far. Can't wait for the Conquest VII ending.

Looks good, will wait for Rebirth version.

Yeah, i was expecting something more badass-y from her transformation. I can see why they're going for more girly approach though, comedy material and all. Now to wait for her second form...

Yeah, i was expecting something more badass-y from her transformation. I can see why they're going for more girly approach though, comedy material and all. Now to wait for her second form...

Yeah, based on her cool regular look with the red hair and action-y shot I would have expected something more badass-y too.

Uzume's 3D model is cool.

HGH

Banned
Cool to see some more news.

God, Tsunako is awful.
Well someone sure is a negative Nancy. What'd she do?

What is with their environment models.
The ground seems eh but the building and background textures seem fine?

The website profile mention she's actually a really girly girl but due to the circumstances she's in, has had to harden up to face them. I'm guessing the CPU form is representing her true personality like for the rest of the characters.

More website updates, the highlight being the art for the other main CPUs:

All glory to Lowee. There're some scans floating around showing the new HDD art for the CPUs, and Blanc's looks superb. The scans also confirm that parties = 4 members.

Noire sucks.

Not a fan of Vert, but you know who really sucks? Noire.

Also there're some unsurprising details up about the combo system, as well as some new stuff about the OP theme by nao (Relativity VISION).

Incidentally, the Re;Birth 3 website was updated today to confirm the inclusion of a whole bunch of Makers, including 5pb (which is great news) and RED (which is eh).

edit: oh yeah, release date is 23 April. Not sure if that's been posted already.

HGH

Banned
There's a couple new articles on some of the new company mascots/characters featured+the Ending/Credits music. I think they're mostly villains? Anyway:
http://gematsu.com/2015/01/hyperdimension-neptunia-victory-ii-adds-new-company-character-group
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/2...-victory-ii-introduces-new-parody-characters/

It's all around really humorous. Although I wonder, did CH actually cooperate/get approval from these companies like they did with previous ones, or is it just a "Haha take that!" from them considering they don't explicitly say their names? I'm assuming the latter.

Zhao_Yun

I laughed at the the description for B-sha.

B-sha (voiced by Ayana Taketatsu) – Clearly resembles Bandai Namco. A toy vendor and girl who loves money above all. She demands small sums of money for every little thing

So true.

A large website update this week, with Gold Third being added, along with information about the 4 nations and the ED theme by Ayane.

C-sha. I’d like to be Jill Sandwiched by her.

K-sha. Probably my favourite design from the group.

B-sha. RIP Gust. Long live Gust.

S-sha. Bias aside, probably the best design of the group.

Check the articles in HGH's post above for more info about them.

More Gold Third on the website this week.

Plus some details about the battle system and the LE, which includes the soundtrack and a drama CD:

Also there're some scans out for the main goddesses' Next forms. Neptune's has been known for a while and still looks pretty good. Vert's is her typical trashy awfulness. Noire's sucks is meh. Blanc's would be awesome if it wasn't for that freakin' hat. I know what they were going for, but damn.

Memory

B6JqmvQ.png

That's nice for Neptunia fans but I'm honestly amazed at the legs that this series has.

Its a game about Waifu's based on gaming pop culture, Kinda hard to go wrong with that in Japan. Doesn't hurt that the games mechanics and visuals are decent aswell.

This week on the website, the CPUs' Next forms are up. There's also some more details about the gameplay and setting.

Neptune's is as expected, and still looks pretty decent.

Noire sucks
slightly less than usual.

dat hat. Sincerely hoping there's a <none> option for Blanc's head processor part.

Vert keeping it classy (as usual). And having the worst design (as usual).

HGH

Banned
So apparently VII has some promotion running where it's partially playable in some stores right now (think of that one Smash Bros. promotion pre-release).
According to some Japanese site/Twitter,
the Gold Third are playable.
I kinda expected that.

Thanks to some nice translators elsewhere:
B-Sha's skills are:

- Choukakin Senshi Bandam (Ultraexpensive Paid DLC Suit Bandam)

- Tsuika Youso da (Additional contents!)

- Unlock da (Unlock contents!)

and her special move

- KAKKIIIN!! (PAID DLC!!)

There was also some footage of the NEXT transformations. They're pretty neat.

EDIT: More people are putting up impressions of the demo. Someone was kind enough to translate them into a pastebin. Spoilers beware though.
Perhaps I'm just going crazy but this is looking kinda good. I mean, the series is an acquired taste already but still.

There was also some footage of the NEXT transformations. They're pretty neat.
Blanc looks so goddamn awesome midway through her transformation without the hat. This hat is an eyesore. This hat. This hat. This hat. This hat. This hat. This hat. This hat. This hat. This hat. This hat. This hat. This hat.

EDIT: More people are putting up impressions of the demo. Someone was kind enough to translate them into a pastebin. Spoilers beware though.
Perhaps I'm just going crazy but this is looking kinda good. I mean, the series is an acquired taste already but still.
It's the power of PS4. Seriously though, at this rate the game'll end up being a system seller for me. Either this or SK Estival Versus

Gradon

The framerate is gorgeous, I am sinking in it. Cannot wait to play this.
I expected Gold Third to be playable since CH first shown off their models.

OMG Aero said:
I like the hat. The hat is cool.

This.

Idea/Compile actually making 3+ jRPGs for PS4, because they already announced Fairy Fencer Prequel for PS4 (+neptunia ps4 + omega quintet ps4 +proably 1 more title)

thats a lot

flohen95

WTF there's already 7 of these?

Technically there's 10, including those unreleased and the remakes and spinoffs, but this is the 4th mainline game. VII in this case stands for V-II or Victory II, as the previous game was called Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.

Top Bottom