• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars - Import |OT| War, what is it good for? A HOVERBOARD!!!!

yGray

Banned
If you bothered to actually pay attention to the OT or reading through this topic, you've already been proven wrong.

W73Lx36.jpg

No need to be mad man, that picture isn't in the OP. And wtf is that color???

I only see one dark color in there. The others are tan.

If you there is a decent shader that would be cool.

Not even trying to start an argument about it though.

No need to be mad man but that picture isn't in the OT. And wtf is that color???

It's not in the OP, but the character customisation video is in, which shows the wide pallete of skin colour options are, which includes what looks to be very, very black skin.

And I'm not mad at all, but given that this is a subject matter that's clearly important to you, the least you could do is check on the multiple resources compiled by Parakeetman in the first post on that very point of concern.

I only see one dark color in there. The others are tan.

12,15,18, 21, 24 don't remotely look like tan, unless you're thinking very dark tan/ganguro.

Cha

I hope someone can prove me wrong but I haven't seen any characters in this game that aren't non white, non Asian. I'm pretty disappointed. I really hate playing games with character customization that only have white skin colors.

Like I said, I hope someone proves me wrong though.

Beaten, but yes, there definitely are dark skin tones and various eye shapes to choose from. Bare in mind that the game does have an overall anime-ish style, so your character can't completely escape having a slight asian look. This video may help you.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I think it looks a lot more (visually) appealing than SS. Even though SS is a great game, I think it looked too grotesque for its own good.

I would say a bigger opening than SS is a lock. The only weird decision was not to create a bundle for it, like they did with SS.

Im actually surprised too on that, seeing how much they have been talking about the game. Though at the same time whats odd is that I still think their official homepage was a bit of a mess. Esp the idiotic part about me being in Tokyo, Japan yet the fucking page redirects me to the Asia one for whatever reason at random.

Another thing too is they dont seem to have a good team behind the official HP as there are no "interesting" info dumps on it and such. They really should have worked on constantly updating the HP closer to launch. At least the last few days anyways. So was a little let down by that.

My problem with Soul Sacrifice was, EXCELLENT FANTASTIC monster designs, but the character models for the player characters along with the general clothing designs were god awful. :/ Thats what personally really brought the game down for me. The setting, story and monster designs were awesome though and the higher level spells. But still really think the games melee type of attacks and how they work need to be re-worked as they are kinda shit... lol

??

I made a brown dude that looked just like me.

Not to mention there are a bunch of colored named characters in the game too.

;D

Parakeetman

Who's playing on that 4gamer account is pretty fun to watch. That person knows how to fight with a visual appeal into making a good gameplay trailer.

The reason why over here generally they show a bunch of folks who are not too familiar with the game play but have a lot of giggling and laughing is to entice the non-core crowd to pick up the title to have fun with.

When you make trailers thats all MLG PRO it scares folks away from the title as they feel as if they would need to play at that level to enjoy it. The core crowd pretty already are expected to pick up the game as is.

At least thats what the general battle plan is behind all of those live streaming events that have been going on with the game.

great job :)

Thanks!

Gonna wait for this to release in the US to play it. Gonna buy this and a vita TV just for it. Can't wait to be able to play this game on the big screen with a ds4.

crinale

The trailer I posted briefly showed three abductors on one mission (all appearing at once).
This game sure will be one of the technical marvels on Vita :D

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You still can't play Freedom Wars (:mad: ), but the first day 15mb 1.02 version patch is out. Changes: Abductor balance, Netcode improvements.

baconcow

Gonna wait for this to release in the US to play it. Gonna buy this and a vita TV just for it. Can't wait to be able to play this game on the big screen with a ds4.

Is the DS4 been made compatible with PlayStation TV (Vita TV)? Last thing I read was that only DS3 was compatible.

Parakeetman

No, it says that it starts at noon:
J3tJSzn.jpg

Jesus not like thats any better. D: wts... kinda defeats the whole purpose of preloading and what nots eh?

Hmm ok going to have to say sorry to all the folks using the light colored background lol. I hate that I have to worry about both themes, since I pretty much design the OTs with the dark theme as its base. Will have to add the pic in tomorrow morning when I wake up.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Jesus not like thats any better. D: wts... kinda defeats the whole purpose of preloading and what nots eh?

Hmm ok going to have to say sorry to all the folks using the light colored background lol. I hate that I have to worry about both themes, since I pretty much design the OTs with the dark theme as its base.
Not really. My lunch break at work starts at 1pm (those usually start at noon/1pm) and since I wanted to play as much as possible during it, I had a choice of wasting 30 minutes to go and buy it or preorder it and have it ready. If it wasn't for the preload, no way I'd downloaded it on my company's wifi in time.

fedexpeon

Banned

Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, Sony, you might have beaten MH+GE at their own game.

Probably the best Hunter game I have seen this generation. Vertical movement+fast traversal mechanic...yup yup yup, so good.
Can't wait to get a PS TV+this game since they both come out at the same time.
I hope Sony will milk this series and port it on the PS4 HD edition >.>

Parakeetman

Not really. My lunch break at work starts at 1pm (those usually start at noon/1pm) and since I wanted to play as much as possible during it, I had a choice of wasting 30 minutes to go and buy it or preorder it and have it ready. If it wasn't for the preload, no way I'd downloaded it on my company's wifi in time.

While thats great for your schedule though, what Im saying is that its a bit pointless for other folks who went with digital download preorders if they will be held back at least 2 hours from when physical copies will be on sale and such. Even earlier depending on other retailers.

If anything it should have been on even grounds with the stores for when it goes live. :/

Tomorrow I shall try and experiment and see if my tethering to my phone as a wifi hotspot will even be able to download it lol. Should be interesting...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
While thats great for your schedule though, what Im saying is that its a bit pointless for other folks who went with digital download preorders if they will be held back at least 2 hours from when physical copies will be on sale and such. Even earlier depending on other retailers.

If anything it should have been on even grounds with the stores for when it goes live. :/

Tomorrow I shall try and experiment and see if my tethering to my phone as a wifi hotspot will even be able to download it lol. Should be interesting...
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that a midnight release wouldn't have been better, but I think that you're demonizing it a bit too much.
Middle of the week, almost everyone is at work/school and they don't necessarily have a game shop in a walking distance. For people like that, who want to enjoy playing during lunch or whenever, this preload is perfect.

Since the retail system in Japan is a bit different than the one in the US from what I've heard (publishers get money for their game when the store, not the customer buys them), they really don't want to push dl versions too much, since it's basically game over if Tsutaya/Geo/Yodobashi/Bic/Yamada/Joshin turn their back on them.

And 12;00 is probably just the scheduled PS Store update time (although stuff sometimes shows earlier), so I wouldn't look that much into the 1-2 hour difference.

Parakeetman

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that a midnight release wouldn't have been better, but I think that you're demonizing it a bit too much.
Middle of the week, almost everyone is at work/school and they don't necessarily have a game shop in a walking distance. For people like that, who want to enjoy playing during lunch or whenever, this preload is perfect.

Since the retail system in Japan is a bit different than the one in the US from what I've heard (publishers get money for their game when the store, not the customer buys them), they really don't want to push dl versions too much, since it's basically game over if Tsutaya/Geo/Yodobashi/Bic/Yamada/Joshin turn their back on them.

And 12;00 is probably just the scheduled PS Store update time (although stuff sometimes shows earlier), so I wouldn't look that much into the 1-2 hour difference.

its not a midnight release but as stated before at least having it go live at 0900 1000 would be for the best. its not like the period for online reservations was that long anyways. no real plus at all for consumers if they get it later than retail outlets on top of having already paid.

there is no demonization going on here just calling out bullshit as i see it.

if they expect more positive reactions then clear information in regards to when a purchased preeordered product goes live is necessary.

the retailers cant turn their backs reason being is they are already getting the shit kicked out of them by amazon therefore in any sort of attempt to combat that they need to stock the latest "in" thing with consumers lest they lose further consumers to online services like amazon. which already happens due to low stock of items on hand at times. though that is a chicken and egg situation for them. but regardless to that they are in no place of power go even attempt to boycott as there will always be other retailers who understand the current situation of the everchanging market and will not do something stupid such as cutting off their own nose to spite the face.

but this is all a conversation for another topic and wont really matter anymore in a few hours lol

which reminds me i should try to mess with the phones tethering options as had never tried to use it before (´・ω・`)

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Game has an online pass, importers beware :X

Edit: beaten... by... me... har.

Eusis

Man, hopefully they dump that in localization, but I guess not having the PS+ paywall extend to Vita makes them feel entitled to keep running with it?

Prelude.

Of course, that does leave the door open for Online Pass systems, but (Jim) Ryan said he doesn’t expect to see many of those in the coming generation.

“Very much the way the tide is going on current-gen is that people are not pursuing the Online Pass thing. It’s being dropped,” he said.

“I mean, some publishers have gone bankrupt and others are dropping it. We’re dropping it ourselves.

“It’s a diminishing phenomenon and I don’t see any reason why that should reverse itself.”
I guess he was talking only about the PS4, then.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Man, hopefully they dump that in localization, but I guess not having the PS+ paywall extend to Vita makes them feel entitled to keep running with it?
The ps+ paywall is only for the ps4 though.
Also, they didn't drop the pass for Soul Sacrifice, right?

Parakeetman

Freedom Wars has an online pass.
Information from Oichi, a gaffer who got his hands on the game:

not surprising condidering other titles had the same thing.

though it means that folks who import will need a jp psn account to register it.

the whole situation wouldnt be so bad if the designers behind the vita were not idiots about multiple accounts

Parakeetman

Only surprising part is that the game doesn't even have a proper online mp yet. :(

i know right (/´△`\)

really hope more info comes out about infrastructure mode soon. kinda crazy it wasnt ready from the get go considering how the h2h stuff is supposed to be another big part of the game.

wonder how balancing will be done between players who have played longer and have better gear than new players?

baekshi

Banned

though it means that folks who import will need a jp psn account to register it.

the whole situation wouldnt be so bad if the designers behind the vita were not idiots about multiple accounts

i would even take if they made global store and even if we aren't allowed to download from other regions, we should be at least be redeem codes or in game store access

Parakeetman

i would even take if they made global store and even if we aren't allowed to download from other regions, we should be at least be redeem codes or in game store access

i wonder if part of it is security based to keep the claiming of pass codes within each region. still sucks with how the account system is a pain to change on the vita

kasane

This game is begging to be on the ps4

the mobility options and the scale would be something, too bad if its happening it will be just a direct port

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If you're a Famitsu buyer, purchase this week's issue in 7-11 to get an awesome clear file (I don't get why people would want clear files, but that's just me):
You can tear off that orange part of the clear file.

Parakeetman

This game is begging to be on the ps4

the mobility options and the scale would be something, too bad if its happening it will be just a direct port

wouldnt count on it happening considering you can already play on the big screen with a psv tv.

Parakeetman

If you're a Famitsu buyer, purchase this week's issue in 7-11 to get an awesome clear file (I don't get why people would want clear files, but that's just me):

You can tear off that orange part of the clear file.

just got mine and the dengeki issue at the station lol flipping through it now.

Parakeetman

just got the vita working with the phone. seems like its not up on the store yet (°Д°)

KuroNeeko

New idol music video featuring Opti, ナナナナ. It's already stuck in my head.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1403708653

Saving the best for last, I see
Where's Panna? ( ´Д⊂ヽ

Now I want to break something... Missing out on all the Indies from the US store is just so, so wrong.

Anko

PSN Asia said:
#All the donwloadable contents will be available on PlayStation®Store at around 4PM on the product release date.
I... Orz

That's 5pm JST, btw. And this should be only for Asia. Not sure what Japan's store update is like.
At least we're also getting the early purchase DLC.
• Limited Costume "Formal Wear"
• Heavy Melee AAW-M2
• Rocket Launcher TB-32/H
• Limited Sticker Set
• Battle Item Pack "Great Recovery Item Set

In the meantime, what region in Freedom Wars should I join...? Tokyo seems to be winning by sheer numbers in the demo.

KuroNeeko

I... Orz

That's 5pm JST, btw. And this should be only for Asia. Not sure what Japan's store update is like.
At least we're also getting the early purchase DLC.

In the meantime, what region in Freedom Wars should I join...? Tokyo seems to be winning by sheer numbers in the demo.

Ridiculous if true. Oh well, I guess it's worth 1000円 off the price...

I have a feeling that the designers will have taken into account the huge populations of Tokyo / Osaka / Fukuoka and will offer incentives to players in other areas. I will probably go with Osaka though since that's where I've spent most of my time in Japan.

Then again, Tottori might be cool. Gotta save those camels from the Abductors yo!

Anko

Ridiculous if true. Oh well, I guess it's worth 1000円 off the price...

I have a feeling that the designers will have taken into account the huge populations of Tokyo / Osaka / Fukuoka and will offer incentives to players in other areas. I will probably go with Osaka though since that's where I've spent most of my time in Japan.

Then again, Tottori might be cool. Gotta save those camels from the Abductors yo!
That's the release schedule for Asia ex. Japan.

Did those in Tokyo only get 2 hoverboards each due to the population?
Like maybe there's a set number of boards to be given out to each region, based on their rank, and it's split evenly between the population.

Top Bottom