• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games With Gold: July 2014 - Guess the games

Castef

Banned
I'd say that the title says is all.

Which games will be offered in the Games with Gold program during July 2014, for both Xbox 360 and Xbox One?

We should have at least 4-5 days before the usual leaks start appearing on the web...

My predictions:

Xbox 360:
- Something Far-Cry related
- Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Xbox One:
- LocoCycle
- Strider

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I think we only get 1 xbox one game per month.

Ill go with Lococycle for xbox one

No idea for 360.

Zechs

XOne Im hoping for Crimson Dragoon and Powerstar Golf since I missed both their sales =p

TBH Not really concerned with X360 games :/

Would be a bummer if it was Strider, since it's on sale for Gold members at the moment. Could see a lot of people feeling a bit unhappy with buying a game on sale, for it to go free the next month.

Castef

Banned
I think we only get 1 xbox one game per month.

Well, we got 2 in June (Halo: Spartan Assault and Max: Curse of Brotherhood).

I have read no news about this being a special offer for the first month, I'm expecting 2 games for July as well.

Castef

Banned
Would be a bummer if it was Strider, since it's on sale for Gold members at the moment. Could see a lot of people feeling a bit unhappy with buying a game on sale, for it to go free the next month.

Huh? So, i guess that Strider is highly unlikely, they avoided situations like these in the past.

Then...maybe Crimson Dragon.

I feel confident on the xbox one game.

Xbox One -Contrast (will only be one game and people will rage)

Xbox 360 - Batman Arkham City & Spelunky

Lemmy

Banned
We're about due another Ubisoft game on 360 I'd say.

I'm gonna guess worst case scenario here: Assassin's Creed 3. Bleh.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Please be a good game. I want Rayman Legend or Tomb Raider. they are both under 40$. I know its asking too much but common Microsoft :)

Far cry 3 would be great since I never beat it

Loco cycle has to be it one of these months, also that crimson dragon game, would be nice if peggle 2 was one of the games but I doubt it

Castef

Banned
I want the ghost buster game or a batman game for xbox 360.
X1 will probably be loco and Ryse. Maybe Outlast?

Outlast has just been published with a 20$/€ price tag. I can't see it free for Gold users in about 10 days, that would cause an uprise...

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I hope it's LocoCycle just to see the reactions from people after playing the game. It's one of the most bizarre games I've ever played, and while I still can't say if I loved it or hated it, it's worth playing for sure.

Foshy

I hope we get Super Time Force on Xbox One. Just got an XB1 and am holding up for the July games, if it's not in there I'll just buy it.

Sydle

Better not be Strider, Peggle2, or Crimson Dragon since they are/were sales this month.

Hoping 360 has something like Gears, Mass Effect, or Skyrim since I haven't played them.

Hoping One has a sale on Assassin's Creed 4, Titanfall, and PVZ. Let me dream!

XB1: Fighter Within
Strike Suit Zero (or Contrast?...idk)

360: IDK, could be pretty much anything...not even going to bother guessing since the pool of games is so large.

I wonder when XB1 will start getting "real" $60 dollar titles for free. My guess is not until 2015.

Not til PS4 does it probably , that's what I'm assuming , which bums me out cause I want $60 games for both my PS4 and Xbox one lol

I'd take banjo kazooie 1 on Xbox 360, want to replay it randomly

I'm guessing Crimson Dragon and Lococycle for XB1, the two remaining first party non-f2p arcade titles.

Has Powerstar Golf been given away for free yet? They might also do some third party digital titles, as we've seen on the PS4 with Don't Starve, Contrast, Outlast, and so on.

I wonder when XB1 will start getting "real" $60 dollar titles for free. My guess is not until 2015.

Well, taking PS+ as a barometer, publishers would quite often offer a series instalment as a way to build hype for the forthcoming sequel, i.e. Borderlands before BL2, or Assassin's Creed 3 before ACIV. We may start seeing similar patterns later this year with the annual releases, although I agree that for the most part Sony and MS will continue to offer digital titles until the retail back-catalogue is bigger to fall back on. I imagine before long there will be parity between both services, with only the odd exclusive to differentiate them.

Top Bottom