• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another World 20th Anniversary Edition for XB1 - $7.99 [Out Now]

I have never played Another World before. I had played Heart of Darkness and, obviously, that game is a spirtual sucessor of sorts, but I am enjoying Another World. I feel like it gets trial and error just right.

Black Hat

No more problems and I was able to get 1000/1000 fairly quickly.
Bq_kfnFCEAESNls.jpg

13 achievements in 13 minutes?

Guess that XB1 game time tracking is still acting up?

Spades

Anyone know how to get this secret achievement?

Explorer 50
Vertigo from beyond the grave.

So apparently all you need to do is
"after getting your gun, take the elevator to top floor and look out the window"
but this doesn't work for me. I have tried it numerous times and the achievement does not pop. Anyone else having this problem?

robot

I remember buying this for $60 on the Snes and being blown away. Will gladly drop another $8 to play it over again.

Nintendad

13 achievements in 13 minutes?

Guess that XB1 game time tracking is still acting up?

Yeah, really it took me about 45 minutes to get 1,000.

So apparently all you need to do is
"after getting your gun, take the elevator to top floor and look out the window"
but this doesn't work for me. I have tried it numerous times and the achievement does not pop. Anyone else having this problem?

Yup. That's all it took for me to get the Achievement. If it's not working with level select try getting everything else and go to options and reset the data.

Wanted to download this today on PS4 and its not listed on the store or website (In Canada)? I thought the release was today, i saw someone mention a PS4 delay but couldn't find any info on it. Anyone know whats up?

Spades

Yeah, really it took me about 45 minutes to get 1,000.

Yup. That's all it took for me to get the Achievement. If it's not working with level select try getting everything else and go to options and reset the data.

Tried resetting the data and the same thing. No achievement. I'll try removing the game and reinstalling. Frustrating.

EBreda

Not hard at all. Had it all done in less than 1 hour.

I streamed the game yesterday, just to show to 2 of my friends who were in a party with me. Little did I know that, after starting, there were 94 people watching. First time I did this. I couldn't let them down, so I played from start to finish, took me about 1h45m. That was fun.

Near the end I totally forgot what I was supposed to do and someone steered me towards the goal in the chat. That was the part where you have to trick the enemy into throwing bombs in order to open a passage on the floor.

Somehow I missed 1 achievement though. It's a secret one, so I coudn't tell you what it was. Anyway, great game as always. Few improvements to graphics, but the sound is really good.

Subaru

Hi!

This game have the remastered graphics from the PC version?
Because I was watching some Xbox One and WiiU streamings and I've noticed some differences:

Xbox One/WiiU:
ejS.jpg

PC:
bjS.jpg

Xbox One/WiiU:
djS.jpg

PC:
cjS.jpg

I know that there is some graphic options, but I saw the "options" menu in all versions and all pictures were taken in "Hi-Resolution Mode".

So, is there other graphic options in the game?

s_mirage

Curious. Those aren't the original backgrounds with hi-res vectors that could be used in 15th Anniversary Edition, so they must have been redrawn again. The PC backgrounds seemed in keeping with the original game (unlike the 3DO version's) so I wonder why....

Subaru

Curious. Those aren't the original backgrounds with hi-res vectors that could be used in 15th Anniversary Edition, so they must have been redrawn again. The PC backgrounds seemed in keeping with the original game (unlike the 3DO version's) so I wonder why....

Unless there is a way to change the graphics during the gameplay (like Halo AE), but it's very strange, because these 15th anniversary backgrounds are beautiful and somewhat faithful to the original

s_mirage

Unless there is a way to change the graphics during the gameplay (like Halo AE), but it's very strange, because these 15th anniversary backgrounds are beautiful and somewhat faithful to the original

I guess they've just decided to tweak the backgrounds again. There were minor changes between the 15th and 20th editions on the PC too (full moon vs crescent in the intro being the most obvious one that springs to mind).

Colombo

I bought the game on Wii U last week. It's a nice remaster and grear to play again after so long, however it's just a lot easier now because the controls are way more responsive than back on the Amiga, SNES etc.

Worth it for the nostalgia alone.

mosaic

go eat paint
This game have the remastered graphics from the PC version?
Because I was watching some Xbox One and WiiU streamings and I've noticed some differences:

It is interesting that the game's graphics are more "vectory" in the console ports of the 20th anniversary edition, while the PC port appears to be similar to the 15th version but with tweaked shading and animations. So the graphics look a tad more "realistic" there.

I have the GOG PC versions of the 15th and 20th; wondering if the Steam edition has the Sega CD soundtrack? I can only select original and remastered. I prefer the Sega CD soundtrack though if I'm not next to my surround sound system.

Speaking of which; the remastered soundtrack is amazing on my basement 7.1 system. I'm a sucker for directional environmental noise.

Top Bottom