• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Santar
(07-05-2014, 06:32 PM)
Blizzard have now stated that Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition will ship with patch version 2.05. A day 1 patch to get the game up to version 2.06 is also likely.
So that was the good news.

The bad news is that Blizzard is unsure about how much support Ultimate Evil Edition will get in he future. Right now they are deciding if they will just patch out critical bugs or if it will actually get the new content and additions the pc version will get down the line.
Apparently they will announce patching plans before release.

I really hope they decide to support Ultimate Evil Edition properly!

Source Blizzard forums

We're still working out all the details regarding if and how Ultimate Evil Edition will be supported post-launch (e.g. will we patch the game after it ships? if yes, should we only patch to fix bugs and address critical game issues, or should we patch in new content as well? at what frequency should we patch?), so we don’t have an answer for you right now. That said, I can confirm that UEE will ship on all platforms with all updates included up to patch 2.0.5, and that there will likely be a “Day 1” patch to add in patch 2.0.6 content, too.

As we move closer to ship and finalize our post-launch patching plans, we’ll be sure to keep you updated. Great question, though!

Last edited by Nirolak; 07-05-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Redshirt
(07-05-2014, 06:44 PM)
Shame if we don't get 2.1.
NoSkillz187
(07-05-2014, 06:50 PM)
If they don't support the game then why should I buy it?
Vashetti
(07-05-2014, 06:52 PM)

Originally Posted by NoSkillz187

Exactly, reeks of a cashgrab otherwise.
Mechanized

It's a complete game in and of itself. Post launch support with free significant updates and balance changes is mostly a PC thing.
Matts Legacy

They most likely hate that they have no control on consoles like they do with Battlenet. Maybe they will change there minds later.
Two Words
(07-05-2014, 06:53 PM)
That is pretty evil of them, alright.
Raide
(07-05-2014, 06:53 PM)
Damn Blizzard treat Console gamers like second rate citizens.
drak_dreamer
(07-05-2014, 06:55 PM)
Aside from greater rifts and cesspool, what are other major changes?
benny_a
extra source of jiggaflops
(07-05-2014, 06:55 PM)
We're still working out all the details regarding if and how Ultimate Evil Edition will be supported post-launch (e.g. will we patch the game after it ships? if yes, should we only patch to fix bugs and address critical game issues, or should we patch in new content as well? at what frequency should we patch?), so we don’t have an answer for you right now. That said, I can confirm that UEE will ship on all platforms with all updates included up to patch 2.0.5, and that there will likely be a “Day 1” patch to add in patch 2.0.6 content, too.

Wow, they are still working out if they are going to support it post-launch?
Nokterian
(07-05-2014, 06:57 PM)
PC will have Ladders and Seasons in the coming patch 2.1 but this is totally new game for console players it will keep you busy for hours thanks to nephalem rifts and adventure mode.
jediyoshi
(07-05-2014, 06:57 PM)

I take it you never bought a single console game pre last generation
QuantumBro
(07-05-2014, 06:58 PM)
Did they update the last gen editions much?
mangochutney
(07-05-2014, 06:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Mechanized

It's a complete game in and of itself. Post launch support with free significant updates and balance changes is mostly a PC thing.

So what?
Team Top Hat
(07-05-2014, 06:59 PM)
Atleast they're being honest, but why even buy this game on a console?
SirNinja
(07-05-2014, 07:00 PM)
I'd be very surprised if the console versions didn't at least get patch 2.1. Seasons and Greater Rifts would extend the life of the game a great deal.
Kelsey
Banned

Originally Posted by Redshirt

Shame if we don't get 2.1.

Agreed. I want to fight the loot boss.
vogelkacke
ultimate evil indeed
GuitarAtomik
(07-05-2014, 07:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Team Top Hat

Controller support is the only reason I'm considering it. Disappointing if they don't support it after launch though.
Kelsey
Banned
(07-05-2014, 07:04 PM)

It plays better with a controller and on PS4 it's guaranteed to run at 1080p 60FPS, something my Mac can't match. And also there's the rifts filled with clickers and other mobs from Last of Us.
Daedardus
(07-05-2014, 07:04 PM)

I thought consoles were moving towards PC?
Flakster99
(07-05-2014, 07:05 PM)
As someone thinking of purchasing the PS4 edition, WTF Blizzard.
Mupod
(07-05-2014, 07:05 PM)
sounds to me like a similar situation to TF2 on xbox 360. Maybe they just don't want to commit to free updates if it's something they can't reasonably do.
KernelPanic
(07-05-2014, 07:06 PM)

Originally Posted by QuantumBro

Did they update the last gen editions much?

I think there were 2 patches to the Ps3.
The Iron yuppie
(07-05-2014, 07:08 PM)
I'm not at all interested in ladders and seasons, so if they never add that to the console version I won't bat an eye.

That said, not supporting the game post launch with at least bug fixes and balancing would be a bummer.
Atomski
(07-05-2014, 07:09 PM)

They would probably much rather u buy it on pc cause they get 100% of the profit there.
SneakyStephan
(07-05-2014, 07:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Daedardus

I thought consoles were moving towards PC?

Only for the downsides of pc not for any of the advantages (mods, pricing, openness of the platform, controls, BC etc)
PSN/XBL are still a walled garden, blizzard probably can't update the game whenever they went, they probably don't get full control over the game client like they would on PC

World of tanks, TF2, cs source, l4d etc didn't get any real post launch updates either, why would this be different.
Mrbob
how can the baaasheep
enjoy the shootbang?
(07-05-2014, 07:11 PM)

Originally Posted by The Iron yuppie

I'm not at all interested in ladders and seasons, so if they never add that to the console version I won't bat an eye.

That said, not supporting the game post launch with at least bug fixes and balancing would be a bummer.

The Greater Rifts and Treasure Rifts looks cool, so at the very least they should bring this 2.1 update aspect over to consoles.
hawk2025
(07-05-2014, 07:12 PM)

It's really, really not.

The largest games in the industry have tons and tons of significant updates and balance changes.
Lumination
'enry 'ollins
(07-05-2014, 07:14 PM)
As someone on the fence, will wait for content parity confirmation or no sale.
C.Dark.DN
previously DeathNote
(07-05-2014, 07:15 PM)

With what they want to do with Destiny, it needs to be a console thing too.
gruenel
(07-05-2014, 07:15 PM)
Well that sucks. I can't imagine it being THAT much work porting stuff like the greater rifts over.
Raticus79
(07-05-2014, 07:16 PM)
I wonder why they decided to say this up front. Usually companies would wait for the preorders to be fulfilled, week 1 sales, etc, then say something about "unforseen difficulties".
Eusis
Sounds like a case where platform holder policies may be in the way... Question is whose, and how severe?

I do feel like this may be the new reason for going platform exclusive though: when dealing with one of them gets in the way of how the game should be in regards to future support. But maybe other political nonsense gets in the way even after eliminating the angle of fewer sales (though by how much?)
TatteredHat

It is if the majority of console gamers continues to take on that attitude.

There's really no reason to buy the console version unless your PC is a toaster.
Santar
Thanks for the clarifying edit
RonanN1
Banned
(07-05-2014, 07:18 PM)
Haha, take that! :D

I always knew that the console version is inferior. Don't get me wrong :) I'm a console player but the games that ment to be on the PC, I play them on PC.
Kelsey
Banned
(07-05-2014, 07:19 PM)
Ugh, I read the title of the thread incorrectly. Didn't notice the "...unsure if they will ever patch it again" part. That's certainly a boner killer that may keep me from buying it at full price. And with Destiny a couple weeks away from Diablo's release date as well as Minecraft coming out at around the same time, I don't think I'll miss it much at all.
Eusis
(07-05-2014, 07:20 PM)

Originally Posted by TatteredHat

There's really no reason to buy the console version unless your PC is a toaster.

Yeah, we have the infrastructure now to do this, and would have probably seen more of it last gen if Microsoft didn't play it safe with the HDD-less version and weren't tyrants about how DLC may be handled. It sounds like they may be easing off there, but if they aren't or are being slow with it losing games over that would certainly speed things up!
n0tail
Banned
(07-05-2014, 07:22 PM)
Does this include PVP or no? As in, will I be able to PVP on console?
UnluckyKate
Well, don't play monk then. Just play Crusader and you will be fine
Dr. Kitty Muffins

Originally Posted by Flakster99

As someone thinking of purchasing the PS4 edition, WTF Blizzard.

I planned on buying after release so I could get the patched content. Now I may wait until it hits the bargain bin for 20 or less.
silkysmooth

Originally Posted by Raide

Damn Blizzard treat Console gamers like second rate citizens.

they caught on quickly it seems
Palette Swap
(07-05-2014, 07:24 PM)

Local coop?

I rebought the game on PS3 just for that.
Xaero Gravity
Don't support it and I won't support you. Simple.
Hatchtag
Anddddd with that, it has gone from "day one" to "whenever I feel like couch co-op and it's cheap." If it's not going to at least try to be updated as much as the pc version, it just isn't worth as much to me.
Santar
(07-05-2014, 07:25 PM)

Being able to play the game offline is the main reason for me.
No more server down or lag.
Local coop is fun as well.
Boombloxer
(07-05-2014, 07:26 PM)

Originally Posted by TatteredHat

Garbage.
Plenty of people have no interest in PC gaming, and instead will enjoy elsewhere.

And this really sounds like a decision based on coming balance changes vs update speed.
gruenel
(07-05-2014, 07:26 PM)

Originally Posted by RonanN1

Haha, take that! :D

I always knew that the console version is inferior. Don't get me wrong :) I'm a console player but the games that ment to be on the PC, I play them on PC.

wtf...
Ajax35
Banned
(07-05-2014, 07:27 PM)
That sure makes my decision of whether to buy this at full price a lot easier. Might as well wait for it to hit the bargain bin.