• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 UEE shipping w/ patch 2.05, Blizzard unsure if they will ever patch it again

Santar

Finally someone gets it.

The features in 2.1 just would not work right in offline environment. I really don't understand the backlash here. You wouldn't want a ladder system on console if 90% of the players will run around with duped/hacked weapons.

Ladders are confirmed not coming on consoles, but all the other 2.1 features, like the harder tiered Rifts, legendary gems, new rift environment, new Legendaries etc. could absolutely work offline.

And again, who gives a crap if other people are hacking their own game, just don't play with them. Let them ruin it for themselves.

turnbuckle

That is another thing - I use a computer almost all day. I just prefer laying back with a controller in my hand. A controller simply feels much more comfortable.

Yup. I sit in front of a comptuer all day at work and put enough strain on my hands/wrists using kb/m here. I'd like to not develop carpal tunnel while gaming. I pretty much can't play FPS or Diablo III on PC as a result. I get way too competitive and it's just too much after awhile and not worth it to me. I would say both control methods work great with each having their own tradeoffs. But for the best precision and efficiency kb/m is the way to go. Just wish PC had the option of using controllers anyways.

Ladders are confirmed not coming on consoles, but all the other 2.1 features, like the harder tiered Rifts, legendary gems, new rift environment, new Legendaries etc. could absolutely work offline.

And again, who gives a crap if other people are hacking their own game, just don't play with them. Let them ruin it for themselves.

And how exactly do you know what features will come to console or not?

The only information we have at the moment is that they are thinking of what to patch in and what not. It is very clear that some features can make the transition and some can't. The versions will never be exactly the same due to the nature of the platforms.

People are just jumping to conclusions based on one post on the Blizzard forums.

Santar

And how exactly do you know what features will come to console or not?

The only information we have at the moment is that they are thinking of what to patch in and what not. It is very clear that some features can make the transition and some can't. The versions will never be exactly the same due to the nature of the platforms.

People are just jumping to conclusions based on one post on the Blizzard forums.

what? I was replying to your statement where you said that the features of pc patch 2.1 would not work offline.
And my view is that a lot of the content absolutely could work offline.
That's all I was saying.
Blizzard have confirmed in several video interviews that ladders are not coming to consoles though.

what? I was replying to your statement where you said that the features of pc patch 2.1 would not work offline.
And my view is that a lot of the content absolutely could work offline.
That's all I was saying.
Blizzard have confirmed in several video interviews that ladders are not coming to consoles though.

I'm referring to people who seems to believe that partial support = no support at all.

My point is that we don't know anything yet because Blizzard hasn't decided. If you want to assume the worst, feel free to do so but the more logical action would be just to wait and see.

LCGeek

formerly sane
1080p60 on the PS4 seems pretty good to me. Sure the PC controls may be more refined, but for the casual player, I don't think any of that matters.

There aren't too many local co-op games but Diablo 3 looks like it could be a blast.

Diablo 3 is a blast coop on console.That is not my contention its about the blizzard doing what they should to make this a solid title and they are lacking compared to where they easily could be. I'm surprised more people don't comment on how inventory is pretty good for the controller and much more intuitive for me than the pc interface when it comes to certain aspects.

Also my comment with controllers had nothing to do with being superior. It was a biteback to comments that are quite shallow and inaccurate to how people can interact with the game or do. The same for a certain hypocrisy that it's somehow bad to be spammy with a mouse and that this is not ever true or possible with a controller. The game is spammy no matter what input you are using.

The game won't hold at 60fps in coop the game already has problems on the pc in certain parts I just don't see any of the cpus in the consoles not chugging at various parts pc does even on high end machines.

Santar

You under estimate how many people enjoy cheating and putting in minimal effort to aquire good gear

Let them hack, just don't play with them.
Searching for good loot is the essence of Diablo, if people want to ruin the game for themselves, who gives a crap.
Do people really enjoy playing a coop focused game with strangers that much?

Or is it that people are so obsessed with showing off their gear and get bummed when somebody have cheated their way to better gear then them?

quest

Not Banned from OT
Searching for good loot is the essence of Diablo, if people want to ruin the game for themselves, who gives a crap.

Or is it that people are so obsessed with showing off their gear and get bummed when somebody have cheated their way to better gear then them?

When the game is out for a while the public game option would be great. Once people on your friends list move on to another game it be nice to have option to play public games. Hopefully there will be a kick system for the host that way if a cheater joins you can kick them out. In vanilla D3 on the consoles 1 cheater can show up and ruin the game for everyone since there is not kick option. On vanilla D3 there is no point in playing any public max difficulty games.

I could careless if cheaters have better gear. I care when they can run ahead of the group and 1 shot everything including bosses making the game pointless for the other 3 people. I am almost paragon 92 on the PS3 so I have plenty of first hand experience. I am stuck grinding alone for the most part and it takes a lot longer with out the group exp boost.

My PC friends that play Diablo 3 are baffled that I only play alone or with them. They think of the game as multiplayer only, and would never consider playing solo. If no friends are onlien they play in public games with people they don't know. So the idea of buying the console version and not playing with randoms is something they have trouble understanding.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Have they discussed how they'll import characters from last gen versions of the game? I have mine saved on the PSN cloud, but I no longer own the PS3 disc.

http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3455381

This if from 7/7 so pretty current. Some other cool stuff I love coming to the console like boosts and bonuses for massacres, killing mobs with traps and environment destruction.

Sounds like you might need the disc version for an upcoming patch that loads it to a server.

“We do allow you to transfer your save from Diablo III (on console),” Julia adds. “So if you played on the PS3 or Xbox 360 and you choose to play [Reaper of Souls] on the PS3 or Xbox 360, when you fire up the game it’ll automatically find that save and bring it in. Now, if you want to move to the PS4 or Xbox One there’ll be a patch coming out that will upload your save to the network and then when you play on [either of the new platforms] it’ll automatically look for that save and import it.”

Santar

My PC friends that play Diablo 3 are baffled that I only play alone or with them. They think of the game as multiplayer only, and would never consider playing solo. If no friends are onlien they play in public games with people they don't know. So the idea of buying the console version and not playing with randoms is something they have trouble understanding.

When the game is out for a while the public game option would be great. Once people on your friends list move on to another game it be nice to have option to play public games. Hopefully there will be a kick system for the host that way if a cheater joins you can kick them out. In vanilla D3 on the consoles 1 cheater can show up and ruin the game for everyone since there is not kick option. On vanilla D3 there is no point in playing any public max difficulty games.

I could careless if cheaters have better gear. I care when they can run ahead of the group and 1 shot everything including bosses making the game pointless for the other 3 people. I am almost paragon 92 on the PS3 so I have plenty of first hand experience. I am stuck grinding alone for the most part and it takes a lot longer with out the group exp boost.

Huh, I guess people are just different ;)
I mostly play D3 by myself both on ps3 and pc.
When I play multiplayer it's with people I know.

I can understand that the hacking is annoying if you play a lot in public games though so yeah a kick option would be a good addition by Blizzard.

ZangBa

The "wait and see" view is apathetic and part of the problem. Blizzard needs to know we care or console gamers will just continue to be shafted in future. My dollar isn't worth any less than PC gamers.

Continued support keeps people playing the game, sell more copies, and build brand loyalty.

The game won't hold at 60fps in coop the game already has problems on the pc in certain parts I just don't see any of the cpus in the consoles not chugging at various parts pc does even on high end machines.
Are you sure that's not lag introduced from the server controlling enemies and loot drops? I thought all that stuff was run on the server end on the PC version.

Getting lag and micro-stutter in my single player was one of the things that rubbed me wrong about the PC version - though I only played it for a few months shortly after release - so don't know how much any of that may have been changed.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Are you sure that's not lag introduced from the server controlling enemies and loot drops? I thought all that stuff was run on the server end on the PC version.

Getting lag and micro-stutter in my single player was one of the things that rubbed me wrong about the PC version - though I only played it for a few months shortly after release - so don't know how much any of that may have been changed.

Pc issues related to server end lag are not my issue whether blizzard is making sure coop plays smoother when certain dense situations arise is. I play coop with a friend all the time one thing I'm hoping as we move to next gen systems is that this is gone or lessened a lot. I know it won't be perfect but something better than what we have now is more welcomed.

Also the lag issue hasn't been fixed or addressed that much as certain parts of act 3 to 5 will choke your system at times. I will say things are not like launch or even a few months post basically since early loot 2.0 and paragons the game has gotten a really good feel when. Same for performance played D3 since beta and they have made strides but the product is far from solid at times.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Pc issues related to server end lag are not my issue whether blizzard is making sure coop plays smoother when certain dense situations arise is. I play coop with a friend all the time one thing I'm hoping as we move to next gen systems is that this is gone or lessened a lot. I know it won't be perfect but something better than what we have now is more welcomed.

Also the lag issue hasn't been fixed or addressed that much as certain parts of act 3 to 5 will choke your system at times. I will say things are not like launch or even a few months post basically since early loot 2.0 and paragons the game has gotten a really good feel when. Same for performance played D3 since beta and they have made strides but the product is far from solid at times.

In the article I posted a few back they claim it is a very solid 60fps. I am just happy it will be a major improvement over the PS3 version. A couple of wizards can bring the frame rate into the single digits. Also voice chat gets choppy in way to many situations on the PS3.

“So PS4 is native 1080p, super-solid 60 frames per-second,” Julia reveals.

“The difference with Xbox One is the resolution is 900p, but the frame-rate is the same, the textures are the same -- everything else is the same,” Matthew adds.

During my time with Julia and Matthew, I was also taking the latest PS4 build of the game for a spin. Obviously for these scenarios the difficulty setting was relatively low, but something felt a little off. No, that’s the wrong word for it… something actually felt a little right. At least as far as being held up against movement on the PC, the console version seemed a little quicker and even perhaps a bit more responsive, but I wasn’t sure if it was just me.

LCGeek

formerly sane
In the article I posted a few back they claim it is a very solid 60fps. I am just happy it will be a major improvement over the PS3 version. A couple of wizards can bring the frame rate into the single digits. Also voice chat gets choppy in way to many situations on the PS3.

“So PS4 is native 1080p, super-solid 60 frames per-second,” Julia reveals.

“The difference with Xbox One is the resolution is 900p, but the frame-rate is the same, the textures are the same -- everything else is the same,” Matthew adds.

During my time with Julia and Matthew, I was also taking the latest PS4 build of the game for a spin. Obviously for these scenarios the difficulty setting was relatively low, but something felt a little off. No, that’s the wrong word for it… something actually felt a little right. At least as far as being held up against movement on the PC, the console version seemed a little quicker and even perhaps a bit more responsive, but I wasn’t sure if it was just me.

You knew exactly what I meant. Shame I will be stuck on the X1 build most likely, though this is just another reason to keep saving more money for getting a PS4 at the end of the year. I play the game at about 100-120 fps with a mouse at 1ms it's plenty responsive it's the dips that are annoying and they happen on all platforms. Great news about PS4 as this generation drags out it's clear for me it's an option for when pc titles aren't always up to par or I can't get better parity on my machine without a high cost.

V_Arnold

I would rather them NOT introduce the new legendaries that are exclusive to pc-ladder to hacking paradise though. They did not allow those items in non-ladder in vanilla D2/D2Exp, and it would suck to be an honest D3ROS PC player who just does not want to buy the console versions to not have access to those items.

The very least they can wait is:
D3 ROS Ladder only ->> When season ends: roll it into the normal game (confirmed) and potentially to consoles as well, at that point (uncomfirmed/theory).

They sure as hell will not just patch new stuff in before the non-ladder PC gamers get them. That would simply be unfair. The waiting time between Console's 1.5 last summer and PC's loot 2.0 was unbearable enough.

Atleast they're being honest, but why even buy this game on a console?
Why not buy it on console is a better question. All my friends are playing on console. If I bought it on PC id be playing alone or with randoms. Same goes with pretty much every other multiplayer aaa release so far this gen.

Why not buy it on console is a better question. All my friends are playing on console. If I bought it on PC id be playing alone or with randoms. Same goes with pretty much every other multiplayer aaa release so far this gen.

GAF clan on PC has a lot of people unless you just meant RL people

Rereading the guy's answer and the reactions, I can't help but think this is blown out of proportion.

The answer is a noncommittal "we'll tell you later" gone wrong and all of a sudden, it's a huge issue when actually, a very large majority of games in the console space never get any kind of free post release content.

If that very question was asked to most publishers, they'd probably be less hesitant to say "sure, we have cut content on the way in the form of DLC" and they'd be happy to promote it as "support".

I get this is Blizzard and they support their games like that for ages, it's part of their DNA and the value of their games. But it's a bit surprising to see them catch flak for that when the reality is that 2 years ago, a lot of people were more than happy to pay the same amount for a version that was severely lacking in content compared to this one. So yeah, I really hope content patches will find their way and they'll port the relevant parts of 2.1 and beyond but let's not pretend 2.0.6 is somehow the worst version ever of the game.

GAF clan on PC has a lot of people unless you just meant RL people
Don't play much with gaffers. I see them running around in ffxiv all the time and never say so much as hello. I did mean rl friends. Nice to know there's a strong gaf presence though, and that it's an option. I haven't been heavily involved in an online community since the 1up heyday. So sad right now...:(

Jimrpg

I wonder why this ever turned into "dead on arrival" discussion.
The console versions face an unfortunate reality where Blizzard actually expands on the game with 2.1 with SOCIAL features. Those are not going to be implemented in hacking-paradise, aka offline mode.

So 2.0.6 is as far as the similarities will go. They can eventually ugrade the game with the new drops (when a season ends, new legendaries roll back into the maingame), but if that is the way they are continuing onwards, it is obvious that content patches wont fit on consoles where the main game is so radically different.

MMO's released on consoles are different beasts. Why? Cause they lack offline mode.

My point being: of course they will fix the issues with the game. Content patches and bugfixes are different. The game is in a more proper state with 2.0.5 than the likes of Battlefield 4 will ever be. So do not be afraid. :D

For PS4 and X1 do Blizzard have their own servers? If so, can't they ban accounts with hacking? Also if you say the console versions are going to be rife with hacking - whats the point of getting that version then?

Seems like the console versions are very much gimped in terms of content...

biezel

Quote from latest Playstation Blog post:

One more cool piece of news for PS4 players: the next-gen console architecture makes it much easier for us to offer ongoing patch support for the PS4 version of the Ultimate Evil Edition. This means that as we continue to patch the game on PC, we’ll now be able to roll out related patch content, as appropriate, on PS4 as well. It’ll take some additional time beyond the PC patch rollout, but we’ll get them to you as quickly as possible.

Full article here.

For PS4 and X1 do Blizzard have their own servers? If so, can't they ban accounts with hacking? Also if you say the console versions are going to be rife with hacking - whats the point of getting that version then?

Seems like the console versions are very much gimped in terms of content...

It's unknown if the PS4/XBO will have hacking issues (I doubt it), but the PS3/360 version of Diablo 3 have hacking out the ass unfortunately. Blizzard is releasing a patch for PS3/360 to curb the more ridiculous hacks (like 3+ gem slot weapons).

turnbuckle

Quote from latest Playstation Blog post:

Full article here.

I get the feeling this is a hollow promise and we won't know just how hollow until several months after purchase.

But now I'm back to being interested. I have this vision of me and the girlfriend playing Diablo III while just being lazy in bed. That's too good of a proposition for me to pass, patch or no.

Top Bottom