• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loco4Coco

LOL. Reading the 1st page of this and the One Piece thread is like night and day. But yeah the quality has gone down considerably since the Pain arc.

Wow what else could possibly happen that would warrant that though?

I think there are a couple of ways for Kishi to stretch this out to next year, and even beyond:

Current fight with Kaguya
Madara somehow returning
A Naruto/Sasuke rematch
Black Zetsu doing something
Oro as final villain?

But honestly, I don't see Kishi pushing this past 2015.

uncblue

Didn't Kishimoto said in a interview that the manga would be over until next year?

Please no. If I knew it was ending this year, I might be more inclined to read it every week. As of right now, I have a hard time getting into at all. And if Naruto gives the hogake speech to Kaguya for the win, I want someone to men in black erase my memory to the end of pain arc.

Khezu

Madara was a terrible villain and I'm glad he is dead, and then Black Zetsu shit all over his legacy.

Sadly Kaguya is not a whole lot better.

Avixph

People really asking how it can continue?

You forget Kaguya wants to build an army for something?

Alien arc incoming.

I really wouldn't put it past Kishimoto

Hhhehehehe, me and my cousin been talking about how aliens invading their planet or Naruto and friends going on a space ninja adventure to fight other beings from Kaguya's race are a possibility.

This has to be the end of Part 2. I bet we get part 3 soon. Part 3 was no doubt be primarily Naruto vs Sasuke. Will Sasuke go the path of Madara or will he let go of his hatred?

Wait, so not only is Naruto the son of one of the greatest ninja of all time, as well as having the most powerful of all the tailed beasts giving him an unlimited amount of chakra. Now on top of all that, he is not the reincarnation of Asura......WUT?

When did reincarnation even get introduced? I stopped following the series when they killed of the best character since Itachi.
Neji

This has to be the end of Part 2. I bet we get part 3 soon. Part 3 was no doubt be primarily Naruto vs Sasuke. Will Sasuke go the path of Madara or will he let go of his hatred?
If I were to guess what a part 3 could be. I say Naruto and Sasuke beat Kaguya. Then after the war is over and it comes to rebuilding the leaf they both have differing viewpoints on how to get it done and what the future of all shinobi is. Because of this they both form their own leaf village, each having their own followers who believe in their viewpoint. Orochimaru and crew will join sasuke and kakashi and co will join naruto of course. This will be stretched out and lots of fights will break out between the two sides, civil war style. Eventually the two fight, and during the fight they come to an understanding. The leaf villages combine. All is well.

fin.

Wait, so not only is Naruto the son of one of the greatest ninja of all time, as well as having the most powerful of all the tailed beasts giving him an unlimited amount of chakra. Now on top of all that, he is not the reincarnation of Asura......WUT?

When did reincarnation even get introduced? I stopped following the series when they killed of the best character since Itachi.
Neji
since when is minato the greatest ninja of all time lol.

hamchan

Neji

Yep. Naruto went from downtrodden outcast that had to work hard against geniuses like Sasuke, to ninja world Jesus.

Khezu

Neji

Minato was retconned into being the worst ninja of all time.

Avixph

With the way Kaguya warps around could it be possible that the series ends
with someone explaining that the whole Naruto universe thanking place in some sort of computer program?

Meffer

It's funny that originally, Naruto was about wizards and magic before it was shot down. Then it switched to ninjas. And now it's pretty much magic. I liked it at the beginning but I stopped right after the timeskip.

Kusagari

To be fair, Minato really was nothing like he was hyped up to be.

It's hilarious how the two initial ninja we hear as the strongest ever, Minato and Hiruzen, ended up being so garbage compared to Hashirama/Madara.

Magwik

Banned
with someone explaining that the whole Naruto universe thanking place in some sort of computer program?

It will end with
Naruto waking up with a nerve gear on his head and is actually Kirito. It was a SAO setup the whole time!

Khezu

I said "one of the greatest". From all of the show I saw up until a couple of years ago, that was the case. Am I mistaken?

Wait....what?!

Ever since Minato was rezzed, all he has done was get punked, and is just there to show how awesome Naruto is, and occasionally teleport stuff.

A few new plot points that were introduced retroactively make him look like a dumbass.

He is currently running around with no arms, and no ability to do anything but gnaw at people with his teeth.

Zeroth

It's hilarious how the two initial ninja we hear as the strongest ever, Minato and Hiruzen, ended up being so garbage compared to Hashirama/Madara.

Prime Hiruzen was said to be one of the strongest ninjas in the world in Part 1. When you think about the scale of Part 1 compared Part 2, it's easy to believe that. Part 2 just scaled things up to a point these characters couldn't possibly keep up.

todd360

Why did you spoiler tag that as though it was a well thought out and plausible theory?

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so confused when did they beat madara?

I'm so confused when did they beat madara?

They didn't. Madara got backstabbed like Obito and turned into a sacrifice. It was so karmic, he spent the entire series back stabbing everyone and in the end he was backstabbed and turned into a sacrifice b y the real big bad.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I assume the anime is still on some shitty filler? reasons why I can't stand watching the anime. I doubt the anime can catch up to this alien female god thing. Where is the anime right now the 10 ten tails revival?

ReiGun

On another forum I used to post on, we'd always note how Kishi has repeatedly shit on the "new generation surpasses the old" theme he introduced. Outside of Naruto and the Sauce, the current gen is shit compared to the monsters that came before them. Ninja in Naruto's gen aren't even fucking with Jiraiya/Oro/Tsunade-tier dudes, save Gaara, Bee, and the other Kage (edit: who are all old as fuck, and thus not in Naruto's gen lol) I guess.

Though it seems like they might resurrect madara any time now...I wonder what attitude he will have. I'm assuming he will want to kill black zetsu/kaguya. It would be funny to see madara, obito, sasuke, and naruto teaming up. As well as the kages.

Minato was retconned into being the worst ninja of all time.

No he wasn't. Tobirama himself said Minato was way more proficient with Space-Time techniques than he was, and he invented them.

He's still a beast. He mastered sage chakra without ever using it before and mimicked Naruto's tailed beast mode in the same manner.

Loco4Coco

On another forum I used to post on, we'd always note how Kishi has repeatedly shit on the "new generation surpasses the old" theme he introduced. Outside of Naruto and the Sauce, the current gen is shit compared to the monsters that came before them. Ninja in Naruto's gen aren't even fucking with Jiraiya/Oro/Tsunade-tier dudes, save Gaara, Bee, and the other Kage I guess.

That's another thing that bugged me about this series, they never let the other ninjas have a time to shine. The Akatsuki was the perfect opportunity to let the other teams show their progress from the 2 years of training but nope.

The past four years or so have been a prime example how you don't write a shonen.

The Kaguya "twist" alone compels me to head-desk hard

I still love the Chunnin Exam. In fact, that stretch from Chunnin Exam to the end of the Sasuke Retrieval mission was the series at its best.

Maybe a few things I wish would have happened differently (Kishi's refusal to do anything interesting with Sakura, the Sasuke Retrieval arc ending with zero casualities), but that's just me. Overall, that was good shounen.

This. Oh, the days when Rock Lee actually did things...

Part 2 never really gelled with me but it was still decent until maybe...Pain arc? If not, then whenever the "Sakura's Confession" bullshit happened.

Jigorath

Banned
Remember how great the villains were in part 1? We had Zabuza, Gaara, Orochimaru, and the Akatsuki. The current lineup of villains is a joke. Who the hell is Kaguya and why should I care? There was no buildup or anything, just came out of nowhere to stretch this neverending arc out even longer.

And of course Kishi has gone the DBZ route and made everybody but Naruto and Sasuke completely useless. Every now and then they randomly hype up Sakura for one chapter and then she just goes back to doing nothing.

Remember how great the villains were in part 1? We had Zabuza, Gaara, Orochimaru, and the Akatsuki. The current lineup of villains is a joke. Who the hell is Kaguya and why should I care? There was no buildup or anything, just came out of nowhere to stretch this neverending arc out even longer.

And of course Kishi has gone the DBZ route and made everybody but Naruto and Sasuke completely useless. Every now and then they randomly hype up Sakura for one chapter and then she just goes back to doing nothing.
I wouldn't say everyone is useless. Obito will probably be key and who knows what a resurrected madara will do. Also the edo kages. But yeah my biggest gripe with the manga is it fell into the escalation trap. It kept powering up the villains therefore powering up the other characters then that means the next villain has to be stronger which means naruto and co have to be stronger and so on and so forth. DBZ did that too. I remember the first time goku went SSJ. What a moment. Next thing you know kids are going ssj3 in short time spans.

Majine

Banned
As much as I just like many others rag on the current state of the manga, it's going to feel weird when it's over. I've spent half my life following it once a week.

Kusagari

The funny thing is that Sakura probably is stronger than Tsunade at this point but that the power levels have increased so much that she's useless besides serving as a chakra battery.

Mortemis

Banned

In contrast, the second hokage turned out more badass than shown. He was always that hokage that people rarely talked about, turns out he's the creator of space time jutsus and pretty crazy strong. Or maybe they did tout him before, can't remember I guess.

I'm just thinking this is the supposedly final boss so it so be all serious but I guess it is Naruto.

I thought it was much needed. Things were getting too crazy and wtf, that scene came in to remind me to not take shit so seriously and just enjoy the final ride.

Naruto really should have been built up so that Pain was the final villain you can even keep Tobi/Obito as Pain's right hand man.

Everything now has escalated to the point where I don't give a shit about anything, all this ninja war/juubi/Kaguya nonsense doesn't compare to the danger felt when Pain invaded Konoha and turned it into crater.

Falnabol

Can you blame us. After part 1 we were all hoping to get something on pared or better but what we.got was a mediocre to bad shonen.

Honestly my favorite part of the series was the Chuunin exams aswell.

Naruto vs Neji + Naruto vs Kiba were the best.

I don't blame you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom