• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

johnny_park
(07-07-2014, 06:11 PM)
http://youtu.be/d8uMmnQLki0
DrSlek
(07-07-2014, 06:15 PM)
I don't understand what makes this fight more special than other fights around the world.
freenudemacusers
(07-07-2014, 06:16 PM)
wonder what the final 'braddah' & 'bro' utterance tally was during this battle
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ha.

Soka

Originally Posted by DrSlek

I don't understand what makes this fight more special than other fights around the world.

Because Waimea Bay was my favorite beach in all of O'ahu, so johnny_park posted this topic to make sure I could be aware of this news.

Thanks JP.
johnny_park
(07-07-2014, 06:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Soka

Because Waimea Bay was my favorite beach in all of O'ahu, so johnny_park posted this topic to make sure I could be aware of this news.

Thanks JP.

Just looking out for you.
dorkimoe
Banned
(07-07-2014, 06:18 PM)
This is why we can't have nice things. Probably fighting over the dumbest thing imaginable too
teruterubozu
(07-07-2014, 06:20 PM)

Originally Posted by dorkimoe

This is why we can't have nice things. Probably fighting over the dumbest thing imaginable too

Lack of surf. North shore with no rips is bad news.
marrec
(07-07-2014, 06:23 PM)
In this video, a bunch of people try to sucker punch other people for 20 seconds, then the cops pepper spray people.

For those of you who don't want to watch it/can't watch it.
Angelus Errare
this looks like one of those Final Fantasy games lionhead always makes
(07-07-2014, 06:23 PM)

Originally Posted by dorkimoe

Depends if you consider the gentrification and the displacement of Hawaiians from their own island a dumb thing (that's pretty much what all fights in Hawaii revolve around).

Regardless of the reason, this fight in itself is so stupid. It's Hawaiians fighting main landers like always; this never resolves anything, doesn't change anything and unfortunately just makes the Hawaiians look bad. Well in this particular case both parties look like utter idiots.

There are much better avenues to air out grievances. Beating a bunch of "bros" on the beach really isn't going to accomplish anything. And honestly if it wasn't super obvious that this was Hawaii; if you told me this was a fight over the World Cup or Stanley Cup, I'd believe you.
freenudemacusers
(07-07-2014, 06:24 PM)

Originally Posted by marrec

In this video, a bunch of people try to sucker punch other people for 20 seconds, then the cops pepper spray people.

For those of you who don't want to watch it/can't watch it.

don't forget the bros on the rocks yelling random things
teruterubozu
(07-07-2014, 06:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Angelus Errare

Depends if you consider the gentrification and the displacement of Hawaiians from their own island a dumb thing (that's pretty much what all fights in Hawaii revolve around).

Regardless of the reason, this fight in itself is so stupid. It's Hawaiians fighting main landers like always; this never resolves anything, doesn't change anything and unfortunately just makes the Hawaiians look bad. Well in this particular case both parties look like utter idiots.

There are much better avenues to air out grievances. Beating a bunch of "bros" on the beach really isn't going to accomplish anything. And honestly if it wasn't super obvious that this was Hawaii; if you told me this was a fight over the World Cup or Stanley Cup, I'd believe you.

It looks local-on-local. Yeah there's a lot of old racial tensions on Hawaii, but not all fights revolve around that. Meth, for example, is also a major scourge.
echoshifting
(07-07-2014, 06:28 PM)
Very sad, Waimea Bay is such a beautiful place.