• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Want to Hear Britney Spears sans Auto-Tune? It's your lucky day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fey

Banned
Lol

She sounds like she wants to be anywhere else than in the studio.

Pop GAF defense is going to be incredible.

At times Pop-GAF debates can make console wars on gaming side seem reasonably logical in comparison.

what the fuck do you really think the like 2 britney fans on neogaf like britney b/c of her oh so strong and powerful VOICE?

Pop GAF defense is going to be incredible.

and what does this even MEAN it's like if people started going "LOL CAN'T WAIT FOR THOSE DELUSIONAL AS FUCK GAMERS TO JUSTIFY THIS!!!!!!!!!" when microsoft announced their DRM/online stuff GOD SOMETIMES NEOGAF JUST MAKES ME SO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
skype_angry.gif
skype_angry.gif
skype_angry.gif

i don't even like popgaf!!!!
skype_angry.gif
skype_angry.gif

William Orbit is so bad.

and what the fuck is this!

what the fuck do you really think the like 2 britney fans on neogaf like britney b/c of her oh so strong and powerful VOICE?

and what does this even MEAN it's like if people started going "LOL CAN'T WAIT FOR THOSE DELUSIONAL AS FUCK GAMERS TO JUSTIFY THIS!!!!!!!!!" when microsoft announced their DRM/online stuff GOD SOMETIMES NEOGAF JUST MAKES ME SO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
skype_angry.gif
skype_angry.gif
skype_angry.gif

skype_angry.gif
skype_angry.gif

So you're one of the two?

skype_angry.gif
skype_angry.gif
skype_angry.gif

skype_angry.gif
skype_angry.gif

Lash them.

skype_angry.gif
skype_angry.gif
skype_angry.gif

skype_angry.gif
skype_angry.gif

Your angry, exploding emoticons do seem like an appropriate way of expressing your frustration...

MIMIC

Banned
"Britney Spears - Alien (Real Unedited WARM UP Vocals)"
-For all the people asking: this is altered

I don't get it. So what is the point of the video?

vikki

Seems silly to be surprised or even bothered by this. Put most any other singers unmixed voice to a track and it'll sound pretty much the same. And my guess is that Britney knows her way around a studio enough to know what the producers are looking for.

I'm not saying Britney Spears is an incredible singer, but she knows what the producers are looking for, so she can get away with lazy vocals.

Cuyejo

Seems silly to be surprised or even bothered by this. Put most any other singers unmixed voice to a track and it'll sound pretty much the same. And my guess is that Britney knows her way around a studio enough to know what the producers are looking for.

I'm not saying Britney Spears is an incredible singer, but she knows what the producers are looking for, so she can get away with lazy vocals.

Only if you are a shitty singer.

Random example of the opposite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWbPkQFTaqg

Most singers sing the majority of the notes off-key?

She did a really poor job. Like...worse than an amateur.

Talon

Put most any other singers unmixed voice to a track and it'll sound pretty much the same.
RiskyChris has posted some dumb shit.
Amir0x has posted some inane rabblerousing crap.

This is in that class of stupid. Either that or you exclusively surround yourself with tone deaf singers.

Replicant

God damn. That's horrible. Especially at the start of every verse. She's a lot better during the chorus part but there's a clear lack of enthusiasm in her voice.

Opiate

This is a non issue. We don't listen to Britney Spears for her voice just like we don't care about whether or not an artist actually writes a song (i.e. Jimi Hendrix).

What do you listen to Britney Spears for, then? Honest question. I've always felt out of touch with modern pop music because many of the stars have no discernible talent. Britney Spears can't sing, can't write songs, and can't play any instruments.

REV 09

What's especially awful is the way she transitions between notes. It's like a digital switch. I assume this is to make it easier to autotune.

Yea, i'm wondering if she's singing it differently since she knows that it will be altered in post. I don't think the final song is any good either though, and she clearly sounds autotuned in the final version...so it's not like they're hiding it. I don't really think this particular scenario with this song proves anything. Let me hear a song by her that isn't supposed to sound autotuned and maybe i'll believe she can't sing.

What do you listen to Britney Spears for, then? Honest question. I've always felt out of touch with modern pop music because many of the stars have no discernible talent. Britney Spears can't sing, can't write songs, and can't play any instruments.
I think Christina Aguilera is the only one that is slightly talented though. She is from the same school of mainstream pop, but she is more talented than Britney, Miley, Selena Gomez or any other manufactured pop songstresses out there, Gaga and Katy Perry included.

But that's like saying "hey guys, this salad tastes better than SHIT"

botty

Banned
I think Christina Aguilera is the only one that is slightly talented though. She is from the same school of mainstream pop, but she is more talented than Britney, Miley, Selena Gomez or any other manufactured pop songstresses out there, Gaga and Katy Perry included.

But that's like saying "hey guys, this salad tastes better than SHIT"

Partially correctly, amigo.

Ariana Grande is a very talented pop star
ariana-grande-press-650-430.jpg

She is easily one of the most experimental and interesting pop stars of all time, and here is why:

She mixes up her sound often to give her listeners a variety of things to enjoy and her vocals are very impressive. People often refer to her as "The New Mariah Carey." I think this is is an understatement if we're comparing her to today's Mariah Carey, but I digress. She has been getting a lot of buzz after her critically acclaimed first album, Yours Truly. She recently made UK chart history with her new smash single, Break Free. You can check out some of her music on iTunes or other music markets to get a taste of the great quality!

Talon

Katy Perry actually is not tone deaf. She's a shouter though so that voice won't last too long and isn't particularly unique.

Gaga's a competent singer.

Gimme Robyn's voice if we're just doing straight-up mainstream pop.

She is easily one of the most experimental and interesting pop stars of all time, and here is why:

She mixes up her sound often to give her listeners a variety of things to enjoy and her vocals are very impressive. People often refer to her as "The New Mariah Carey." I think this is is an understatement if we're comparing her to today's Mariah Carey, but I digress. She has been getting a lot of buzz after her critically acclaimed first album, Yours Truly. She recently made UK chart history with her new smash single, Break Free. You can check out some of her music on iTunes or other music markets to get a taste of the great quality!

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

Also this negates most of your argument.

botty

Banned

You should try countering arguments with live vocal performances, such as this one—which, fortunately for me, counters your point.

N73qW.gif

Yeah it's weird. Maybe I'm just not listening to the right stuff. We almost exclusively hear her live on various television awards shows/broadcasts

Ah, I see. Well, Ariana is one of the most popular recording artists in the world, and is always popping up on those kinds of shows. Guess your family just does not like her voice ;P

Dr.Acula

Banned

I just learned that Freddie Mercury is ethnically Indian. Like not even mixed, full on a brown person.

I thought he was WHITE. Now I'm looking at photos and he is obviously Indian, WTF?

You should try countering arguments with live vocal performances, such as this one—which, fortunately for me, counters your point.

Wow. You're right. From that performance at an award show, it is clear, "She is easily one of the most experimental and interesting pop stars of all time."

Imma let you finish-

OF ALL TIME.

Let's not go nuts. She has a nice voice I guess.

"Experimental" and "interesting" conjures up images of Grimes or something.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep

Holy crap! Is Iggy Azalea wearing a mask? She looks horrifying! I also don't understand the love for Ariana Grande. She's just another female singer, it's not like we haven't been hearing people like her on the radio for the past 20 years. I'll admit she's cute, but she's pushing the "innocent" look in a way that makes me feel like a creep for liking her.

botty

Banned
Wow. You're right. From that performance at an award show, it is clear, "She is easily one of the most experimental and interesting pop stars of all time."

Imma let you finish-

OF ALL TIME.

Let's not go nuts. She has a nice voice I guess.

"Experimental" and "interesting" conjures up images of Grimes or something.

Considering this is the track list for her next album:
1. Intro
2. Problem – (Feat. Iggy Azalea)
3. One Last Time
4. Why Try
5. Break Free – (feat. Zedd)
6. Best Mistake – (feat. Big Sean)
7. Be My Baby – (feat. Cashmere Cat)
8. Break Your Heart Right Back – (feat. Childish Gambino)
9. Love Me Harder – (Ariana Grande & The Weeknd)
10. A Little Bit Of Your Heart
11. Hands On Me – (feat. A$AP Ferg)
12. My Everything

I'd say she isn't afraid to experiment and take risks. And I am grouping her into the a-typical umbrella of popstars that people usually think of, like taylor swift and katy perry. She is far more experimental with her sound than they are, imo, kanye.

ariana-grande-press-650-430.jpg

She has one fucking song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom