• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla Cambridge working on “high profile, multi-million selling franchise” (PS4)

We know they're working on a PS4 game (which ironically enough the position closes today lol), so unless they're a lot bigger studio than I think they are, this is the same project and leads me to believe it's quite possibly the next Killzone while Guerrilla Games' main studio finishes up their new IP.

uyaQTcH.png

http://www.playstationjobs.co.uk/vacancy/975-Audio-Programmer

Sharpeye

Mercenary was fantastic, hopefully they listen to the fans and let us play as the Helghast or at least work for them like in Mercs.

thuway

These guys are tech wizards, and if they do Killzone, I'm in for Killzone. I'd rather see them make Resistance though :).

Fisty

Mercenaries was fantastic, best KZ since 2. Wish they could do their own thing but they seem to know what theyre doing when it comes to Killzone.

Joco

Hopefully not Killzone. Sony needs to take that series out behind the shed and put it down. Mediocre series at best and I doubt it has been profitable.

Nibel

They will do a Killzone MOBA for Vita which can be described as following: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Killzone Heroes!

KZ:M was way better then I expected but its Killzone so no one gave a shit. I hope they are working on something else. Killzone is dead and Sony should stop tossing money at it.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Guerilla Games is working on high profile, multi-million selling franchise

Except Naughty Dog's properties and God of War, what other properties does Sony own that are multi-million sellers?

Genuine question.

RPGamer92

Banned
Hopefully not Killzone. Sony needs to take that series out behind the shed and put it down. Mediocre series at best and I doubt it has been profitable.
A 25% attach rate (2 million sold out of a 8 million instal base) is non-profitable?

Well, considering how good Mercs was I guess we can expect good things from them on PS4 but the franchise needs a break.
They're probably aiming for next year's holidays.

Gestault

Most answers to the question of "which franchise" make me happy. I also thought Mercenaries had the best single-player campaign of a Killzone game, so I'd say most action games would be in good hands with these guys. This team will always have my ear.

Takao

Banned

Except Naughty Dog's properties and God of War, what other properties does Sony own that are multi-million sellers?

Genuine question.

Did you really forget Gran Turismo, SCE's largest IP?

Vinc

Well damn, I do not want a new Killzone. Though I hear the Vita one was good, I still haven't even unwrapped my copy of it. I'm so burnt out on that franchise, and Shadow Fall was borderline horrible.

Genuine question.

Gran Turismo.

Killzone usually sells a couple of million so I guess they can get away with that.

They will do a Killzone MOBA for Vita which can be described as following: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Killzone Heroes!

shit this made me lol

im in for another killzone but it wouldnt hurt to be surprised with something new!

TomShoe

Banned

Genuine question.

There's a few.

Gran Turismo, Resistance (maybe), MotorStorm (maybe), LittleBigPlanet, Quantic Dream's Stuff (maybe), InFamous, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Hot Shots Golf (lol)

EGOMON

They are taking over PS multi-million high profile franchise it doesn't say Killzone it could be anything really but most likely shooter personally hoping for Syphon Filter or Socom

hawk2025

KZ:M was way better then I expected but its Killzone so no one gave a shit. I hope they are working on something else. Killzone is dead and Sony should stop tossing money at it.

Seeing as Shadow Fall has sold over 2.1 million copies as of March, you are hilariously wrong.

Top Bottom