• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

HiredN00bs
(07-12-2014, 04:14 PM)

Go to the EU PSN store, search for Destiny, pre-order it (for no immediate charge), and the Beta will begin downloading.

It will say that it has completed after downloading a small portion of it, but will continue to download in the background. To see the actual progress, navigate to the Destiny Beta tile, click the OPTIONS button, and select Information. You'll see a screen similar to the one in this post.

You will be able to play it on your main account in any region, so long as you go to Settings -> PSN -> Activate as Your Primary PS4.

Thanks to Dan27 for cancellation instructions:

Originally Posted by Dan27

OK. For PS4 clarification:

Pre-order the title. It will start downloading the beta.

Then go into: Settings -> PSN -> Account Information -> Wallet

Select: Transaction History.

Select: Next

You should see a Product Purchase in the amount of UK/Euro 0.00 from the date you preordered. Click on that Purchase entry

Select: Cancel Pre-order

That means you'll be able to download the Beta, and also ensure that the preorder is cancelled.

Thanks to benny_a for bringing attention to what the SEN EULA says about pre-orders and cancellations:

Originally Posted by benny_a

8. Pre-Orders
You agree that for pre-orders of digital content products:
(i) we can charge you on the payment date displayed when you place your pre-order (if we accept it);
(ii) you or we may cancel your pre-order up to (but not including) the release date, in which case any sums deducted from your SEN wallet will be refunded (but this may not occur until after the release date);
(iii) we may make the pre-ordered products available to you on the release date and, once made available, as far as permitted by law, you will have no further right to cancel your order or to a "cooling off period";
(iv) when you cancel a pre-order you will no longer be entitled to any promotional services and/or products offered with the pre-order but if you subsequently access the service and/or product we will still charge you at full pre-order price; and
(v) you will not use your pre-ordered product until the release date, even if you are able to download it earlier.
When you place a pre-order, ‘Automatic Funding’ for your SEN wallet will be automatically turned "On" if you have registered a payment method (e.g. a credit or debit card). You can switch Automatic Funding "Off" at any time via your SEN account management page.

Please double-check that you don't have any money in your wallet and that you don't have a registered payment method that can be used to charge you.

Last edited by HiredN00bs; 07-13-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Yaphett Kotto
(07-12-2014, 04:15 PM)
Are the servers up?
HiredN00bs
(07-12-2014, 04:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Yaphett Kotto

Are the servers up?

I do not believe so, but I am still downloading. This essentially amounts to a preload.
Jimmyfenix
(07-12-2014, 04:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Yaphett Kotto

Are the servers up?

No not yet.
Banjo-Kazooie
(07-12-2014, 04:17 PM)
But are the servers up?

edit: oh...then what's the point?

edit2: oh, 15GB...well then...ya, that is good stuff then to basically have it pre-loaded
kuroneko0509
(07-12-2014, 04:17 PM)

Originally Posted by HiredN00bs

Go to the EU PSN store, search for Destiny, pre-order it (for no immediate charge), and the Beta will begin downloading.

It will say that it has completed after downloading a small portion of it, but will continue to download in the background. To see the actual progress, navigate to the Destiny Beta tile, click the OPTIONS button, and select Information. You'll see a screen similar to the one in this post.

You will be able to play it on your main account in any region, so long as you go to Settings -> PSN -> Activate as Your Primary PS4.

can i cancel the preorder at anytime?
HiredN00bs
(07-12-2014, 04:18 PM)

Originally Posted by kuroneko0509

can i cancel the preorder at anytime?

I believe so. Not there yet.
Jimmyfenix
(07-12-2014, 04:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Banjo-Kazooie

But are the servers up?

edit: oh...then what's the point?

Preload?
Banjo-Kazooie
(07-12-2014, 04:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Jimmyfenix

Preload?

Ya, didn't realize it was 15GB, that is pretty sweet then.
BTHR Zero X
(07-12-2014, 04:20 PM)
Try to do this and it is trying to charge me on the PS3
Rojo
(07-12-2014, 04:24 PM)
So let me make it clear im a us account guy and i have no card in the PS4 euro account. If i preorder i can cancel so i wont get charged i don't want to have my PSN account terminated like that other thread.
HiredN00bs
(07-12-2014, 04:24 PM)

Originally Posted by BTHR Zero X

Try to do this and it is trying to charge me on the PS3

Yeah, I had meant to put PS4 in the thread title, sorry.

Went back and did this on my PS3. If you're on the EU PSN store, it will not charge you, but it won't start downloading like on the PS4.
Last edited by HiredN00bs; 07-12-2014 at 09:30 PM.
HiredN00bs
(07-12-2014, 04:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Rojo

So let me make it clear im a us account guy and i have no card in the PS4 euro account. If i preorder i can cancel so i wont get charged i don't want to have my PSN account terminated like that other thread.

Link to other thread?

I'm also in the US and do not have a payment option on my EU account; it's only been used to download non-paid content.
Witchfinder General
punched Wheelchair Mike
(07-12-2014, 04:26 PM)
Does this include other PAL regions like Australia?
Dan27
(07-12-2014, 04:27 PM)

You should see a Product Purchase in the amount of UK/Euro 0.00 from the date you preordered. Click on that Purchase entry

That means you'll be able to download the Beta, and also ensure that the preorder is cancelled.
Hedrush
(07-12-2014, 04:28 PM)
I didn't think you could cancel PSN pre orders. I'll wait for clarification first.
BibiMaghoo
(07-12-2014, 04:28 PM)
Risky, If you forget that's 54.99 going to be charged on your card. Not worth it for a beta, assuming you can even cancel it without calling Sony.
kuroneko0509
(07-12-2014, 04:29 PM)

ah cool.
Rojo
(07-12-2014, 04:30 PM)

Thank you yea it worked.
Hedrush
(07-12-2014, 04:31 PM)

I never knew this. I was under the impression you couldn't cancel PSN preorders. Really don't want to take the chance on 54.99 just for a beta. I think I'll just wait.
HiredN00bs
(07-12-2014, 04:31 PM)

I've added this quote to the original post. Thank you!
Goldenhen
(07-12-2014, 04:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Witchfinder General

Does this include other PAL regions like Australia?

Yes and someone from reddit managed to downloaded it.
Rojo
(07-12-2014, 04:33 PM)

Link to other thread?

I'm also in the US and do not have a payment option on my EU account; it's only been used to download non-paid content.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853750

This is the thread i was talking about. Basically paypal refunded the user his money that he bought for PSN money from a different country and since the money was spent already sony called fraud and locked his account.
Pjsprojects
(07-12-2014, 04:33 PM)
Just done exactly as above and yes the pre order has canceled and the Beta has downloaded.

thanks op.
Dan27
(07-12-2014, 04:35 PM)

I've added this quote to the original post. Thank you!

My pleasure sir. Thanks for letting us know about how to download the beta :)
Jimmyfenix
Based EU.
HiredN00bs

Originally Posted by Rojo

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853750

This is the thread i was talking about. Basically paypal refunded the user his money that he bought for PSN money from a different country and since the money was spent already sony called fraud and locked his account.

I can understand that happening if there's an exchange of funds and then a subsequent cancellation, but that's not happening here.
Lord Griegous
(07-12-2014, 04:36 PM)
Thanks OP.

Not gonna do it however since it is too much of a hassle. On thursday I should have no trouble downloading it while I am at work so no hurry on my part.
Jito
Banned
(07-12-2014, 04:39 PM)
Eugh 15 GB? I can't be bothered with that for a beta.
Darkologia
(07-12-2014, 04:40 PM)
I made EU account and it worked the beta is now downloading, thanks OP and Dan27 for showing how to cancel the pre-order.
HiredN00bs
(07-12-2014, 04:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Lord Griegous

Not gonna do it however since it is too much of a hassle.

Beta might go live before the 17th.

It's like buying a quickload cartridge. I never had one; it's like my dad wanted the 5-year-old me to type the command instructions, which might explain my desire to write code. Wow, major psychological revelation here.
Last edited by HiredN00bs; 07-12-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Succinct Verbosity
(07-12-2014, 04:43 PM)
Okay, cool. Now Bungie, let me pick my EU PS4 selection on your website (since I ordered from amazon). Jeez.
ComputerMKII
(07-12-2014, 04:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Jimmyfenix

Based EU.

I bet you haven't seen the prices at the EU store
cutthroat_cupcake
(07-12-2014, 04:45 PM)
I downloaded the ps4 beta and it is 179 MB?
HiredN00bs
(07-12-2014, 04:46 PM)

Originally Posted by cutthroat_cupcake

I downloaded the ps4 beta and it is 179 MB?

It continues to download in the background, I put that in the OP from the get.

Originally Posted by KINGofCRA5H

By doing this, it wont lock me out of my main account? Wont I need to log in as the dummy EU account in order to play?

Not as long as that PS4 is activated as your primary, in my experience.
KINGofCRA5H
(07-12-2014, 04:46 PM)

[

By doing this, it wont lock me out of my main account? Wont I need to log in as the dummy EU account in order to play?
ComputerMKII
(07-12-2014, 04:47 PM)

Originally Posted by KINGofCRA5H

If you select your PS4 as the primary PS4 of your EU account, any account on that console will have access to the beta.
bombshell
(07-12-2014, 04:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Hedrush

I didn't think you could cancel PSN pre orders. I'll wait for clarification first.

EU PSN allows preorder cancellations because they don't charge until the day before release.

US PSN charges immediately and does not allow preorder cancellations.
Hedrush
(07-12-2014, 04:50 PM)

Originally Posted by bombshell

EU PSN allows preorder cancellations because they don't charge until the day before release.

US PSN charges immediately and does not allow preorder cancellations.

Ahh ok that must be where I'm getting mixed up. Cheers for that, might aswell download now then.
KINGofCRA5H
(07-12-2014, 04:50 PM)

Originally Posted by ComputerMKII

If you select your PS4 as the primary PS4 of your EU account, any account on that console will have access to the beta.

Ah got it, thanks for clarification.
bigbaldwolf86
(07-12-2014, 04:52 PM)
Downloading now. Thanks OP
Nestled_Grizzly
(07-12-2014, 04:52 PM)
Lucky EU
Hedrush
(07-12-2014, 04:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Nestled_Grizzly

Lucky EU

Only really lucky if the servers go live early which I doubt. It'll be more of an annoyance just sitting there on our consoles teasing us until the 17th.

downloading now
Pjsprojects
(07-12-2014, 04:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Nestled_Grizzly

Lucky EU

Sort of lucky for us Brits but the game price on PSN is 54.99 which is outrageous!
Tratorn
(07-12-2014, 04:57 PM)
Thanks @ OP and Dan27.

Worked great.
Nestled_Grizzly
(07-12-2014, 04:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Hedrush

Only really lucky if the servers go live early which I doubt. It'll be more of an annoyance just sitting there on our consoles teasing us until the 17th.

downloading now

Well the pre load is nice.
Phamit
(07-12-2014, 04:59 PM)
Thanks OP,

Is the code from Bungie still necessary? Grabbing a code from Bungie just don't work for me
Storm360
(07-12-2014, 05:00 PM)
Just tried, when you cancel the pre-order you lose the license to the beta too

Nice to pre load though I guess.
littlegrasshopper
(07-12-2014, 05:02 PM)
So do you need an EU CC or not?
xAniki88
Banned
(07-12-2014, 05:02 PM)
downloading now
thank you OP