• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Camp Miiverse - Nintendo's Summer Contest

Penguin

This seems like a novel enough idea to keep your audience engaged during a dry spell.

It's a special community that will host various contests in a variety of games. Mostly being posted on Mon/Wedn/Fri of the week.

Welcome to Camp Miiverse!

Starting today for the next few weeks, we'll be hosting gaming events that will span across Miiverse! Anyone can join as long as you have the games we'll be playing.

How it works:
CHECK OUT our post where we'll announce each day’s activity. We’ll post it right here in Camp Miiverse.
PLAY the game! Try to beat our challenge!

POST your screenshot proving you beat our challenge in THAT GAME’S COMMUNITY. Over there! Not here!
RESULTS will be posted the next day.
Events will generally be held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. For Mondays and Wednesdays you'll have all day to play, and events held on Fridays will run all weekend long.

Stay tuned for my next post that will announce today's challenge!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYn93uhWFw

The first challenge is to simply score a homerun in Wii Sports Club: Baseball while choosing #TeamMario or #TeamZelda
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKl4BMXDlQ

Week 2 Challenges:
zlCfzSMbDNEqUWO2S6

mclem

Hey, that's basically like the metagames in the Steam summer sales from a few years back. I approve.

GulAtiCa

You should ask Nintendo about it. People love to take part in these types of Miiverse competitions, even when there is no prize to be won.

I'm going to try to bring it up with them to see what they say. Would love to see my game and others included.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I like initiatives like this, they help giving the feeling of a real community, and not something sterile.

Hopefully, this is just a beginning, and they can grow bigger and bigger as time goes by.

Can't wait for Splatoolympics.

Wasn't there talk last year of Nintendo wanting it to be possible for you to go on miiverse, find someone talking about a level, then you could click and it would take you to it? (did i dream this?) Because that would be awesome for this kinda thing. So if I had the game have Tom's post take me straight to the baseball game.

adroit

Where did Nintendo announce this? I wouldn't have known about it if not for NeoGAF. They didn't even post about it in the Miiverse Announcements community. All they seem to have done (as far as I can tell) is create the Camp Miiverse community (which I never would have noticed if I hadn't read about it here).

GulAtiCa

Where did Nintendo announce this? I wouldn't have known about it if not for NeoGAF. They didn't even post about it in the Miiverse Announcements community. All they seem to have done (as far as I can tell) is create the Camp Miiverse community (which I never would have noticed if I hadn't read about it here).

They just announced it like 3 hours ago. You haven't heard about it before GAF, because it didn't exist yet. :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
New Miiposts are up.

Good morning, everyone! It’s your camp instructor Amy!

The first challenge of week 2 is from NES REMIX 2!

This challenge is to beat my score, 852,800 in Championship Mode. Once you do, go to the NES REMIX Series community and attach a screenshot showing your score.

The challenge is open until 11:59pm PT tonight! Some expert tips:

+Be sure to use the tag #CampMiiverse with your post.
+This is an INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGE! But feel free to let us know your team affiliation whether you’re #TeamMario or #TeamZelda.
+Please note that you have to have both NES REMIX and NES REMIX 2 to play the Championship mode.
+We’ll call out the top players in the results tomorrow.

Good luck campers!

& Team Mario won the Wii Sports Club challenge last week.

jholmes

I was super busy for Week 1, but maybe I'll stop being a stick in the mud and play some Week 2 stuff. I've been meaning to finally play a Mario Kart tournament.

Aw man, this brings back Camp Hyrule memories. In hindsight, it was weird for me to dedicate an entire week of summer to an online summer camp - but I had a massive load of fun. Wonder if kids today will get as into this as I did with CH.

Probably won't end up participating (might try my hand at the MK stuff) - but it's cool to see them get back into stuff like this.

moolamb

You mean I have to do something as banal as playing a game and not be rewarded with a prize? wtf is wrong with you nintendo? i don't want to have fun.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like Animal Crossing: New Leaf & Link Between Worlds will also be part of the selection, as this image was in a tweet:

BtHEh2tIMAAmH6X.jpg

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm looking forward to see what the Pushmo challenge is about. Also curious about the MK tournaments and how this will be organized.

KHlover

Banned
I own three out of seven...meh, not too shabby. Just wish Nintendo would copy VALVE even more blatantly and actually include prices for this summer camp thingy

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Took me a while to realize the puzzle spelled out Miiverse. I'll have to try it on the Wii U version once I get home.

Top Bottom