• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1981

About that Intercepter...

Bs_z4umCUAARIuI.jpg:large

Bungie, this is almost Scorpion on Hemorrhage levels of bad.

Looks like you played against scrubs

SO it looks like for the alpha the experience was accelerated. If it feels the same as the beta, thats probably good news because it means that leveling will take a bit longer for release. Right now it seems a bit too quick

tweet from bungie dev

Overdoziz

Banned
Let's just say after seeing you play game after game you don't like then coming into the thread to do nothing but complaining, I'm not really in the mood to tolerate it any longer.
It won't be long until I start posting screenshots mocking trueskill again and it'll be just like HaloGAF.

LProtag

I think I'm going to take a break from the Beta unless something new shows up.

I'm pretty terrible at PvP, but I'm okay with that.

I really like the game, but I want to wait until there's more content to keep playing it.

Yea. The other team had to royally suck ass to let him get that many kills with it.
I'd wager that a good portion of those kills were on people spawning in the edges of the map. They cant really do anything when they spawn there and an Interceptor rolls on by unless they have a Super or Sniper with ammo.

Not to take away from your spree, Overdoziz

Badgerst3

Can someone explain the Iron Banner stuff? I got the bounties from the bounty dude, talked to the Iron Banner guy in the Tower and went to the crucible and selected the Iron Banner one.

None of the bounties progress, and I don't know how to get the Iron Banner emblems and such so you can actually complete the bounties. I am confused. :|

Wait for iron banner to open up again- go to iron banner rep- take an iron banner bounty from bounty guy- go to crucible- play iron banner with gaf- win at least 3 matches- save at least 1000 glimmer- back to iron banner rep while event open- buy cool emblem/sigal/cool ass hunter cloak if hunter for 2000 glimmer.

Look badass.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
I'd wager that a good portion of those kills were on people spawning in the edges of the map. They cant really so anything when they spawn there unless they have a Super or Sniper with ammo.

Not to take away from your spree, Overdoziz

If that's the case then he would have to have been actively going around the perimeter hunting for those folks then. I've found it does a decent job of trying to spawn you away from anyone else.

venom2124

Somebody needs to confirm if I'm crazy or not. I think your guardian turns faster to the left than turning right. I tried on 2 different ps4 controllers and spun left then right. Left was noticeably faster than right. I've never noticed this in any other fps.

The moon map will be great with proper vehicle balance. That is its biggest problem now and it makes the map a groan when it comes up for me. An opening rush for neutral interceptor with turrets set up to counter would be insane and bring some meta into the map IMO, but two are fine if the vehicle itself receives changes. i dont think it helps either that there are no multiperson vehicles. A gauss warthog would have been more balanced.

Devil's Lair is annoying to play against the Walker when your other random teammates don't do a good job spreading out against it or targeting the legs.

End up having to be the one camping and slowly chipping away the Walker... and then going to get myself killed once I run out of ammo to replenish the ammo lol.

What's the quickest way to earn Glimmer?

I had two consumables, one that earned more glimmer for 10 minutes and another that earned more glimmer from Hive enemies, I used them both and played the Stike on hard for only a few minutes and got at least 400. If you played through the whole thing with those on you'd get a good deal of it.

Altima

Easiest ways to nerf intercepter imo are

- allow hijacking
- allow us to jump higher on the moon
- remove its turbo boost
- make rocket launcher one hit kill intercepter

Actually, I want only hijacking. Seriously, Why the hell we cannot hijact that machine?

Works for me.

Weird. Guess I'll reset my phone.

On a different note: does anyone know exactly how character progression works across systems? For example, I can seamlessly switch from PS3 to PS4 beta to play with different friends who have each system. If a friend of mine buys the 360 version, is he locked into Xbox "family" of the game forever? Or will he be able to switch to the PS4 version at some point when he buys a new console? If we can't switch in Destiny itself, is there potential for switching console families for the sequel?

- allow hijacking
- remove its turbo boost

Actually, I want only hijacking. Seriously, Why the hell we cannot hijact that machine?

I think it's too late for them to code and debug that unless they have a version they tried and retired.

I was getting spanked in PVP but I learned that I just suck with the scout rifle. I tried staying back more and picking my shots from more of a distance but nope! I just suck. Switched to the AR and doing much better. KDR went up significantly. I just can't land those headshots with the scout rifle. Now I just need to find me a Cydonia-AR3 and I'm good to go.

Trakan

Does anyone know where the 3 caves are in the beginning that have a random chance of spawning a chest with a green engram? I started a new character and don't feel like running the raid over and over again.

raven777

Best auto rifle IMO is Cydonia-AR3. It has range of scout rifle with full auto fire. I feel dirty when I use it in PvP because it is so good.

where did you get that rifle?

I really want a good auto rifle but I don't even have any uncommon auto rifle at the moment.

Anastasia

The AR3 is my favorite auto. It has a nice amount of stability while still dealing quite a bit of damage. I use that with a Trajan-C sniper rifle and then a Jester SA/3 for my heavy.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
So speaking of glimmer I have to say I think the nerf to glimmer gained and cost of things is insane. I felt that the alpha nailed the amount earned but things were too cheap. In beta there is less earned and things are more expensive. This goes to far to nerf the glimmer you have. I'd like to see the rate gained put back to alpha levels but with the costs increased still. I think it would feel fine then. As is I don't wanna buy consumbables due to how little glimmer I get and their costs.

Anyone else think the glimmer is a bit on the stingy side now?

Karl2177

Watch this video:

Video of Glimmer Farming

I did this for about 1 hour this morning and got over 3,000 glimmer in that time. He even misses a few loot chest locations that you can add to your rounds. Just keep circling the area and checking the places for the chests.

He misses a lot of chest locations in that area. In an hour and a half yesterday, I managed to get around 8000 glimmer, and a bunch of common drops(which can be dismantled into more glimmer also).

Fehyd

Banned

- allow hijacking
- remove its turbo boost

Thew games I played with DGAF the interceptor was a null issue.

-Snipe the rider off it. Its slow.
-Suicide super.

Most of that map you can basically tread on the interior as well. So you're not too likely to get hit by vehicle fire. The really intense fights on that map basically turned into close quarters fights inside the lunar facility running through the various checkpoints, with a running vehicle/sniper battle outside.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Can you acces the vault to share weapons between characters in the beta? I read it's in the tower but I'm not sure where to fine it.

Yup. See those 3 pillars near the cyptach. That's the vault. Anything put in those is sharable between your characters. So is your glimmer also. Keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom