• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE: Sonic the Hedgehog

Tesseract

Banned
Don't post pics of echidna penis.

iBvkMjY094bJY.gif

Raist

Banned
Don't post pics of echidna penis.

Is wikipedia OK? It's quite fascinating.

Male echidnas have a four-headed penis. During mating, the heads on one side "shut down" and do not grow in size; the other two are used to release semen into the female's two-branched reproductive tract. Each time it has sex, it alternates heads in sets of two.[16] When not in use, the penis is retracted inside a preputial sac in the cloaca. The male echidna's penis is 7 centimeters long when erect, and its shaft is covered with penile spines.[17]

It is a challenge to study the echidna in their natural habitat and they show no interest in mating while in captivity. Therefore, no one has ever seen an echidna ejaculate. There have been previous attempts, trying to force the echidna to ejaculate through the use of electrically stimulated ejaculation in order to obtain semen samples but has only resulted in the penis swelling.[16]

Breeding season begins in late June and extends through September. Males will form lines up to ten individuals long, the youngest echidna trailing last, that follow the female and attempt to mate. During a mating season an echidna may switch between lines. This is known as the "train" system.[7] Two weeks after mating, a single fertilized egg, weighing 380 milligrams and being about 1.4 centimeters long, is implanted in a rear-facing pouch that has developed on the female, where it is held for ten days before hatching. The young echidna, called a puggle, is then held in the pouch for two to three months before being expelled.[8] Puggles will stay within their mother's den for up to a year before leaving.[

Spinluck

The feces thing is because hedgehogs are tolerant to a lot of toxins that are poisonous to other animals, it's not just poop but that's what's most commonly around. They've also been known to bite and kill animals that produce poison to defend themselves and rub the poison on themselves so other animals can't eat them, as they're immune to the poison themselves and it wards off predators. They rub it on their belly as their belly is their vulnerable spot.

That sounds pretty badass.

I want a Sonic game designed around this concept.

Canucked

This is going to be divisive in the sonic fanbase.
Pro-poop vs anti-poop factions.

Good god, the spider-man video...

From what I've seen of these videos they are mostly:

A) One lurid detail about the shape or size of the genitals
B) A "gross" detail that applies to nearly every single animal in the history of the planet (capable of poop-eating/disease/rape/cannibalism/etc), but overblown to be a common trait that every single individual does constantly
C) Urban legends and outdated or extremely oversimplified/misunderstood science (cats having no memory, turtles being deaf, spiders "being gay" and "producing milk")

Jokes about Sonic eating poop:

1. Sonic is full of shit. Oh... wait.
2. Don't tell Sonic to eat shit, because he will.
3. Something tells me no one is going to want to kiss Elise now.
4. Sonic's known for pulling things out of his ass, apparently that includes his dinner.
5. So THAT'S the stuff on his Chilli Dogs.
6. So that's why he was brown in the comics before becoming blue.
7. Potty mouth.
8. Dinner's Dung Sonic!
8. The real chocolate ass cream.

ChaosXVI

Wow that contained some really obscure references...The song was a cover of the SatAM cartoon theme, and the frog is a reference to Flying Frog, an extremely obscure character from the Archie comic...

They really did their homework...

Famassu

B) A "gross" detail that applies to nearly every single animal in the history of the planet (capable of poop-eating/disease/rape/cannibalism/etc), but overblown to be a common trait that every single individual does constantly
Male ducks (gang-)raping female ducks is extremely common, though, to a degree that yes, it is a common trait. I don't know of any other species where it would be nearly as common (other than maybe humans... >_>; ), I've witnessed it plenty of times myself.

Top Bottom