Prizes updated see below
Tutorial video by Naughty Dog
- You need a GAF account in order to participate.
- You are allowed to submit one The Last of Us: Remastered screenshot, so pick wisely. If you change your mind before the deadline, you can edit your post and replace your entry with another one. Judging will not occur before the deadline.
- The contest ends at 11:59 PM PST on August 10, 2014 (GMT = 12:55 AM August 11, 2014).
Entries after that time will not be counted.
- You must follow the same rules present in the primary screenshot thread:
- Spamming: No double posting.
- Spoilers: Please do not embed (img tags) any major plot points until August 9, 2014. You can still post them in a link format however (url tags) until that date. What is a spoiler? Anything from the introduction level, any big plot points, and anything from the last level.
- Editing: Please do not edit your photos in any image editing programs. Vanilla only. There is already a thread for edited screenshots.
- Read and follow the hosting and compression requirements.
Compression and Hosting
Posting screenshots with the best quality possible is a good habit to get into, and as such this topic will only allow screenshots that meet the following requirements:
Images from a capture card uploaded to a permitted host.Permitted hosts:
Images from the SHARE button that are retrieved from the PS4 with a USB drive and then uploaded to a permitted host.
- Flickr: Two terabytes of storage and great for screenshot library management.
- Picpar: Brought to you by none other than X3sphere, a simple and efficient image host.
- Abload: Easy to use, doesn't compress jpegs further, auto-converts bmps to png nicely.
- Minus: A solid alternative to Abload, though slow to load for some.
- Photobucket: As long as you don't have the hosting/bandwidth cap they're pretty good. DO NOT RESIZE YOUR IMAGES!
- Cubeupload: Advertises no compression, also fast.
- Your own server or website
Uploading your image to Facebook or Twitter from your PS4 and then rehosting it on one of the permitted hosts does not help your image, it is still super compressed and does not look pretty. The USB method + a good host from the start is the only way you can use the Share button for this thread.
HOW TO EXPORT TO USB:
Prizes: (Let us know if we need to get non NA codes if it's possible)
1st place - $20 PSN code and a steelbook signed by the studio.
2nd place - $10 and a Joel sackboy keychain that was promo only.
3rd - 8th place - $10 PSN codes each
Thanks to Naughty Dog for super sizing the prizes
Thanks to VisceralBowl for doing most of the work on the above and throwing in part of the prizes along with myself
Master List of entries updated 8-10-14 5:34am CST
Beauty isn't only skin deep