• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA announces Subscription Service for Xbox One ($5/month or $30/year, get game vault)

jbug617

Banned
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07...one-ea-access?abthid=53d7d3116415330f4400000c
Today, EA revealed EA Access, an Xbox One-exclusive subscription service that grants players access to EA's so-called Vault.

Subscribing to EA Access will cost $4.99 a month (or $30 a year), and since the program is technically in beta, only four games will initially be available: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2, and Battlefield 4, "with more titles being added soon."

Developing...

Edit: EA explanation

Here is EA explaining it. You guys were right about new games. My bad

Awesome Value– Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*

Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

http://www.ea.com/news/ea-announces-ea-access-on-xbox-one

Edit 2: Here is the FAQ

What is EA Access?

EA Access is a new program for Xbox One gamers that lets you play the best of EA for as low as $4.99 a month. Members can binge on an assortment of awesome games in The Vault, a handpicked selection of great Xbox One games from EA. EA Access members also have the opportunity to try new games five days before the release date, and enjoy 10% discounts on EA digital download purchases, including full games, downloadable content and in-game currency. Conditions, limitations and exclusions apply.

How do I join EA Access?

EA Access membership is available to Xbox One gamers through Xbox Live. You will soon be able to sign up through the EA Access Hub app after downloading it to your console.

Where else can I purchase an EA Access membership?

Coming soon, GameStop fans will be able to purchase an EA Access membership at their local GameStop retail store. In the UK, gamers will also be able to purchase their membership through GAME stores.

How much does EA Access cost?

Membership in EA Access has been priced affordably at $4.99 per month, but you can save even more: $29.99 for a full year.

When does EA Access go live?

You’ll be able to become an EA Access member this summer. We’ll announce the launch day soon. Stay tuned!

What is The Vault?

The Vault is an evolving selection of EA's Xbox One games that EA Access members can download and play while an active member. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4, with more titles being added soon.

What will the pre-release trials include? Will my progress carry over?

Each game is different, so each game’s trial will be, too. In some titles you’ll be able to play one of the game's modes for a limited time, while other times you can jump right into the full game. And since you’ll always be playing the real game, any progress you make will carry over so you can pick up where you left off on launch day.

Who can become an EA Access member?

EA Access is available to all Xbox One owners in supported territories.

Will EA Access be available in my country?

At launch, EA Access will be available in Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, United Kingdom, and the United States with additional territories to follow.

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/faq.html

eznark

Banned
$5 a month to play old year old games? In a month Madden 25 will probably cost $5 to just buy it. FIFA as well (not sure when the new FIFA comes out).

jbug617

Banned
$5 a month to play old year old games? In a month Madden 25 will probably cost $5 to just buy it. FIFA as well (not sure when the new FIFA comes out).

Apparently they are going to add games so I would expect newer games eventually.

Google

Ok. I'm in. For $30 to be able to play through some of EAs more recent titles on my XBONE sounds about right.

One assumes they're relying upon the dlc to make lots of money.

Google

Well, this is just false. You're right in that madden and fifa will be cheaper, it's still going to be around $20 each.

eznark

Banned
Madden 25 is $15 right now on ebay.

Apparently they are going to add games so I would expect newer games eventually.

Why? They are launching the service so now is the time to excite people and their newer games are weeks away. If they ever plan on adding current season games now seems like the time to do it.

Meia

In other words, the real value of this will kind of be unknown til new stuff comes out and we see how long it takes to get added to the "vault"?

For EA if they do this with new releases, i have to give them props hopefully we see something like this for PS4 or maybe PS Now does a similar Netflix payment as i assumed it would have

Bsigg12

I'm in

Additionally, EA Access will also net subscribers 10 percent discounts on all EA digital content, which includes full games and DLC, as well as access to trials of new EA games nearly a week before they come out (with saves that copy over to the final game, should you choose to purchase it later).

Korosenai

"Additionally, EA Access will also net subscribers 10 percent discounts on all EA digital content, which includes full games and DLC, as well as access to trials of new EA games nearly a week before they come out (with saves that copy over to the final game, should you choose to purchase it later). Games that will be eligible for early access and save copy-over are Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA Live 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition."
sounds interesting.

Not to be a downer, but I don't think it's possible to find a major publisher I'm less interested in seeing this come from. Their games are super uninteresting to me, with the possible exception of Dragon Age.

Tucah

you speak so well
Cool idea and at a good price. I don't plan on picking up an Xbox One for another couple years but I'll definitely consider subscribing depending on what the lineup looks like then.

Top Bottom