• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grinding done right in Quasi-MMO's

Cimarron

It's been a few days since the Destiny beta and I have done a little bit of thinking. Even though I have several issues with the game I loved the gun play mechanics. It is a fun game to play! But what is going to get me to play this game for several hundred hours?

Grinding. And Grinding done right.

The best example of grinding done right in this type of game in my opinion would have to be old school PSO. They had several different levels of difficulty in the game divided by level ranges and the level cap was insane. 200! This was the best way to entice me to keep playing in the game even after I had explored every nook and cranny of Ragol. There was always one more level to get and one more item I wanted to used in my inventory but couldn't.

By comparison while I loved Borderlands 2 when I got to OP8 and conquered true vault hunter mode I put the game down. There was nothing left to do.

What do you folks think of insane lvl caps and multple lvls of difficulty (other than normal, hard, and very hard) to improve the longevity of quasi-mmo's? Aside from more content that is.

Top Bottom