• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayDat

So it's a room full of guys like this?

A9lBHfO.png

At the very least we can all rest assured no dope fits are being slept on.

big ander

All I know is PC music hinted Sophie would be playing hey cutie there and that alone makes me kinda wish I coulda made it. Awn care about an aphex twin

Dereck

lol word im always a few years behind everything now. both music and video games. for example i finally played uncharted 2 in the last few months. always stuck in that street fighter/tekken/and other fighting games vortex
I would rather be behind on shit than be up to date on everything and running out of new media to consume.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sometimes I wonder what the next big drum pattern will be, or if there will every be another Luger clip.

Totally cool with Mustard era though. Lawd, we could use more infectious hip-hop songs that make any introverted mofo like me just want to get up and dance.

Long live mustard-covered beats. Hoe.

Boiler Room x Rayban needs to be documented and studied for future generations. Some pictures my girlfriend got.

setting the stage

intermittent random geisha and taiko drummer processions

idk what Sophie looks like but the crowd was saying this was fake, black, trans Sophie miming a set while real Sophie pretended to be her bodyguard

idk how to even explain QT.

Hudmo brings out multiple samurai warriors for his hype moments.

Not pictured: the stage eventually has japanese fox faeries, living tree monsters, samurai dudes, geishas, and a cadre of hot people making expressions as though they were locked in Dante's Inferno. All at once. Lights so powerful you can see through your eyelids. No air conditioning or fans. Aphex Twin snippets. Busta Rhymes. Flylo/Captain Murphy. Lunice playing a murderous set.

It feels like I just visited the weird alternate future of Earth where Japan teamed up with America instead of Germany during WWII. I'll post a link to the full stage recording when it's up.

injurai

Banned
Boiler Room x Rayban needs to be documented and studied for future generations. Some pictures my girlfriend got.

setting the stage

intermittent random geisha and taiko drummer processions

idk what Sophie looks like but the crowd was saying this was fake, black, trans Sophie miming a set while real Sophie pretended to be her bodyguard

idk how to even explain QT.

Hudmo brings out multiple samurai warriors for his hype moments.

Not pictured: the stage eventually has japanese fox faeries, living tree monsters, samurai dudes, geishas, and a cadre of hot people making expressions as though they were locked in Dante's Inferno. All at once. Lights so powerful you can see through your eyelids. No air conditioning or fans. Aphex Twin snippets. Busta Rhymes. Flylo/Captain Murphy. Lunice playing a murderous set.

It feels like I just visited the weird alternate future of Earth where Japan teamed up with America instead of Germany during WWII. I'll post a link to the full stage recording when it's up.

can I listen or watch the set anywhere?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why would Budden steal a cell phone?

Couldn't be that it had evidence of his abuse on it?

j669sja9CVdFj.png
That's the only reason I can think of.

TBH I'm skeptical of the most recent domestic abuse case, they said it was his most recent girl but didn't name her, which is odd considering how high profile his relationships are. Not only that but the pics had recognizable tats too. Just strikes me as odd, especially coming from these thirsty-for-details organizations with no moral standard in place anyways.

Koozek

Can y'all post your favourite Dilla beats? I've only really listened to Donuts from him and don't know much else tbh

Woah, that's too difficult. I'd need a whole thread. I'll start with a few as I don't have much time, right now^^
A Tribe Called Quest - Find A Way
Common - The Light
D'Angelo - Me And Those Dreamin' Eyes Of Mine (Jay Dee Remix)
Bilal - Reminisce feat. Mos Def & Common
Black Star - Little Brother (the beat on its own is nice, but if you know the background story about what and how Dilla sampled it, it's crazy.
Janet Jackson - Got 'til It's Gone (yes, Dilla co-produced under the The Ummah collective (Q-Tip, Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Dilla) but was never credited for it as happened a few times with his work. He did an official remix on the Single version, named "Jay Dee's Revenge Mix", which was a subtle side blow by him.)
Steve Spacek - Eve feat. J Dilla & Frank-N-Dank (Jay Dee Mix)
Steve Spacek - Dollar
Talib Kweli - Stand To The Side
Busta Rhymes- You Can't Hold The Torch feat. Q-Tip
Common - Come Close feat. Erykah Badu, Pharrell & Q-Tip (Remix)
Common - Love Is (Instrumental)
Common - Dooinit
The Pharcyde - Runnin'
The Pharcyde - Drop
Slum Village - Climax
Slum Village - Fall In Love
Slum Village - Players
De La Soul - Thru Ya City
De La Soul - Friends
De La Soul - Peer Pressure feat. B-Real
De La Soul - Stakes Is High
Erykah Badu - Didn't Cha Know
J Dilla - Think Twice (featuring Dwele on the Horns^^)

Only a few of the bigger songs, but there are still hundreds of ridiculous beats left for you to discover :p
After finally finding his first two beat tapes from 1995-1996 (so many raw ass beats) a few weeks ago I should probably have every single one of his beat tapes, tracks and albums that were ever released/bootlegged officially/unofficially by now.

Cudder

Tickets just went on sale for KRIT's Toronto show. I'll definitely pick up a ticket, and I'm even debating getting the VIP Meet and greet package. It's only 68.50 and you get a bunch of shit. Normally these things are like 200 bucks.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
KTT = white teenagers calling each other cacs
Coli = Frank Ocean and Kanye haters with cool smileys
GAF-Hop = way better than the two above

sums it up quite nicely tbh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can't be the only one who thought La Flame was saying "Vanessa" on the chorus of Quintana Pt. 2, right?

would have made for some epic storytelling about Quintana getting a white name, but I'm cool with swag too

I can't be the only one who thought La Flame was saying "Vanessa" on the chorus of Quintana Pt. 2, right?

would have made for some epic storytelling about Quintana getting a white name, but I'm cool with swag too

You are and you need to stop calling him La Flame plz

T Dollarz

Tickets just went on sale for KRIT's Toronto show. I'll definitely pick up a ticket, and I'm even debating getting the VIP Meet and greet package. It's only 68.50 and you get a bunch of shit. Normally these things are like 200 bucks.

Gonna hit up the Chicago show fasho. Ticket is like $25 I think

Vorheez

Man, I wish more guys would come up here to play shows. Only concert I've been to was The Game something like 10 years ago when he was fresh off his beef with G unit and selling g unot clothing like crazy

I showed up in a G Unit hoodie

Was thinking of it too.. Nas on the 8th. Krit on the 10th and Soulo on the 11th.

wallet pls

T Dollarz

My calendar has Shabbazz Palaces sep13th, Deniro Farrar & Denzel Curry oct10th, KRIT the 17th, Method Man & Redman the 23rd, FlyLo the 24th...

Man I'm trying to hit up all these but I got a letter in the mail yesterday from a firm about getting a lawyer to rep me for that bull shit. $750 but they have payment plans. That's a lot for me but if they can get my bail down somehow and clear up my record I think it might be worth it. Said they have free consultation so I'll give em a call. My spirits are def up from earlier in the week though, I talked with my friend and he doesn't hold any grudge against me we are still cool. That was a big weight off my shoulders. Now just waiting for the court date and seeing how much money I'm gonna be owing

Also FlyLo and Black Milk have shows on the same day, which would you guys go for? I'm kinda torn

JohnDoe

Banned
New Flying Lotus Track "Moment Of Hesitation" featuring Herbie Hancock and Thundercat... don't expect electro lotus and tbh I recognized it from the previous teaser and even then it was my least favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom