• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: online play confirmed on official page

L~A

Edit:

From GameInformer, via NinEverything:

“The Adventure Mode features a ‘Network Link’ feature. This allows you to add a ‘Link’ to your maps whose level is based on other users’ play data. If you come to this Link’s aid and fight alongside him, you’ll get access to special bonuses.”

From there: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/bwpj/index.html

Purchase of additional content
Automatic posting of play status to Miiverse
Play special battle in adventure mode

sanstitrebnkfe.png

By the way, game is 7.8GB, and you can only make 1 save data (though each user get one, I believe).

Can I assume this is multiplayer and get excited or is that a little premature?
It's probably some high score thing tied into that Zelda 1 map mode or something.

I won't get my hopes up.
They're already up

Josh7289

Tecmo Koei does what Nintendon't!

EDIT: I see that they're known as Koei Tecmo now. Okay, so they do what Nintendoesn't!

mclem

"Special battle" suggests to me that there's something distinct for the online battle - probably smaller-scale with fewer NPCs, perhaps.

L~A

"Special battle" suggests to me that there's something distinct for the online battle - probably smaller-scale with fewer NPCs, perhaps.

Yup, it's there to tell us the main story mode isn't playable online, but there's special missions for that.

Which is weird as the Warriors game already on Wii U (Warriors Orochi 3 and Fist of the North Star) have the regular online mode of other versions.

munchie64

Best case scenario: "Special battle" is just the free play mode where you can select anyone. Only the actual story isn't playable.

Worst case scenario: Multiplayer minigames.

L~A

Best case scenario: "Special battle" is just the free play mode where you can select anyone. Only the actual story isn't playable.

Worst case scenario: Multiplayer minigames.

Pretty sure it's basically the same stuff as the "Dream Mode" from Ken's Rage. Should be playable in SP too, and with all the villains.

Piers

'Special battle' and not 'Special battles'?
So I imagine it'll be a tiny arena to fight a small group of enemies and maybe a boss?

L~A

So I imagine it'll be a tiny arena to fight a small group of enemies and maybe a boss?

To be fairs, it's translated from Japanese, so no idea if it's plural or not. Pretty sure it's battles.

Exile20

Wow, aren't you pessimistic. Using words like "tiny", "small" and "a" as in singular.

Looking at the game it seems it will be more than that.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Wasn't this known for a while though? Either way it makes it an easier decision to go for the purchase along with Bayonetta 2 a while later for that co-op.

emb

Yeah, we've heard about co op for a while. One player on the Gamepad + one on the TV is great. Exactly the way Wii U games should handle split screen.

Anyway, pretty cool if it actually has online play. I didn't expect it at all by this point.

Luigiv

How do you even know that?

Because reasons.
How long has Hyrule Warriors been in development?

From the original concepts and the original discussions, the very start has probably been about two years and then it’s probably been about a year and a half of actual development and working on the game.

For a game so jam packed with content, that's not really a long time. Something had to be compromised.

Top Bottom