• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop (finally) releasing in Blu-Ray form in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Pre-ordered on Amazon.

Will wait to see what both special editions have before committing. Can't believe it's so cheap when I would've easily given the double, if not more.

MaxDOL

What do you think the "normal edition" will cost?
Because Amazon US international shipping is kinda expensive, I would like to save as much as possible.

Thoraxes

What do you think the "normal edition" will cost?
Because Amazon US international is kinda expensive, I would like to save as much as possible.

I'd wager that this is the normal edition.

And Amazon's will likely be cheaper than Funimation's store too.

SKINNER!

Banned
Anyone know if a Japanese PS4 will play US blu rays? I have a feeling that this'll be region-locked but I want it soo bad and I only got a Europe PS3 and JP PS4.

SKINNER!

Banned
BD Region for Japan and US is A so you're safe.

y61Za.gif

I'm pre-ordering this sucker and I know I'll get thumped by import customs tax but it'll be worth it.

So how much better is this going to look/sound versus the Anime Legends Remix box?

The UK blurays were released last year and there was a thread with numerous comparisons. It's vastly improved.

EDIT: Also for UK gaffers, Seems to be an Amazon UK listing for a "Complete Collection" which I presume is just the First and Second volumes slapped together.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HSHDGQS/

oh and it's a few quid more than the US version.

At least I glad they are finally releasing the original GITS movie(non 2.0 version) on blu ray next month too.

Awesome! I refused to buy the 2.0 Version, because i don't care for it and the original version they have thrown in as a bonus is of substandard quality. I assume you are talking about a Japanese release next month? I hope it will make it overseas soon.

Faiz

That's true, even $70 is still pricey for a 26 episode show when you think about it. I guess I've gotten too used to
over
paying for $30+ Criterion blu-rays lately, so I was expecting this to be crazy expensive :lol

Considering I spent about $150 (after discounts) on the original DVDs as to was being released... Nope, I will not even consider the argument that $70 is anywhere close to being expensive.

Awesome! I refused to buy the 2.0 Version, because i don't care for it and the original version they have thrown in as a bonus is of substandard quality. I assume you are talking about a Japanese release next month? I hope it will make it overseas soon.

No, there's a US 25th Anniversary Blu-ray of the original theatrical version coming out next month.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L6AW2MC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

tuffy

This Amazon offer almost seems too good to be true. Any chance the Amazon exclusive edition is inferior to the normal or other special editions?
Funimation releases may differ in terms of physical extras, but the discs are almost certainly going to be the same. That's how they did Attack on Titan, for instance.

Considering I spent about $150 (after discounts) on the original DVDs as to was being released... Nope, I will not even consider the argument that $70 is anywhere close to being expensive.

No, there's a US 25th Anniversary Blu-ray of the original theatrical version coming out next month.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L6AW2MC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thanks, very cool. It's good to know this made it to the west, i reside in Europe though, so i will have to wait for a region B release.

Cheddahz

Banned
Does that mean the Cowboy Bebop movie is coming soon too to NA on blu? I love that movie...
It's been out here for a while
This Amazon offer almost seems too good to be true. Any chance the Amazon exclusive edition is inferior to the normal or other special editions?
It is too good to be true, but it looks like it was a mistake on Amazon's part (which is why everyone is pre-ordering it right now, so we can still get it for $70, even if they change the price of it) and all we know about the Amazon edition is that it'll have different "premium items" than the Funimation edition will (so yes, they are both special editions)

SKINNER!

Banned
I just hope the Funimation exclusive Premium Boxset isn't cooler/better than the Amazon exclusive. Wish they'd release more info and pics dammit!

Faiz

I just hope the Funimation exclusive Premium Boxset isn't cooler/better than the Amazon exclusive. Wish they'd release more info and pics dammit!

It almost certainly will be: the only question remains is will I REALLY want to spend the extra money on the included extras. The Funi exclusive AoT sets were nice (as were the regular LEs) but I couldn't justify the prices either way when the regular edition of each is generally available for less than $30.

Giolon

people are complaining about the price of a funimation release? price whining knows no bounds.

Considering you could buy Anime Legends Cowboy Bebop DVDs for as little as $30 (currently $52), this $99 MSRP is kind of crazy. However, yes I realize it's some sort of exclusive limited edition. I'll wait to see what's up with the regular release before getting bent out of shape.

Then again, I'm also paying $300 for Kill La Kill on Blu-Ray b/c I'm a consumer whore so...

Tenck

It's what, 3 months away? I'm sure you guys can save up a dollar a day.

If you enjoy it, then the price should have been worth it. This'll be my first time seeing Cowboy Bebop, and since I've heard nothing but praise, I don't mind the price.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Considering you could buy Anime Legends Cowboy Bebop DVDs for as little as $30 (currently $52), this $99 MSRP is kind of crazy. However, yes I realize it's some sort of exclusive limited edition. I'll wait to see what's up with the regular release before getting bent out of shape.
That doesn't seem crazy. The set you linked to is at $59, but even at $50 or $30, that bad transfer is not worth it. Not to mention that it was released in 2008, most probably with a $60 listing price.

The $99 price is something Amazon made up, which is why it's currently selling it for $70, and it probably will go down as information disseminates. The DVDs by themselves will probably be $30-40.

Zubz

Banned
Looks like they cleaned up the brightness problems with the Bandai DVDs? Seeing more of the image in the BD as well.

if8zTf8utRSQM.png

Well then. I wasn't sure if it'd look as good as a Blu-Ray; thought it'd look all grainy. Thanks to that lovely comparison, though, I'm joining the hype bandwagon.

tumblr_n8sbaeFE541r8ggdqo3_250.gif

... Please don't be too pricey...

AAK

These things always confused me, how exactly do they take make these things that were never drawn for HD resolution look good in HD? Also, if this is possible... why hasn't Nickelodeon done this with Avatar the Last Airbender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom