• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, what the hell is going on?

Started a new Crusader and just got past the spider cave. I got a Legendary two-handed sword ( forget the name ) from some Elite i killed in the spider cave. I found a Legendary amulet ( Squirt's Necklace ) in the Southern Highlands from a pack, then another Legendary amulet ( another Squirt's Necklace ) from a chest. Went into the Watchtower, found a Legendary two-handed mace ( Crushbane ). After clearing the Watchtower, I did the Cave of the Moon Clan, and found a second Legendary two-handed mace ( guess what, another Crushbane! ). Straight after clearing the cave, I got a Legendary dagger ( The Barber ) from another pack...

I'm only playing on Expert at the moment, how is it that I am showered with Legendaries?

Not that I'm complaining. ;-)

hydruxo

Started a new Crusader and just got past the spider cave. I got a Legendary two-handed sword ( forget the name ) from some Elite i killed in the spider cave. I found a Legendary amulet ( Squirt's Necklace ) in the Southern Highlands from a pack, then another Legendary amulet ( another Squirt's Necklace ) from a chest. Went into the Watchtower, found a Legendary two-handed mace ( Crushbane ). After clearing the Watchtower, I did the Cave of the Moon Clan, and found a second Legendary two-handed mace ( guess what, another Crushbane! ). Straight after clearing the cave, I got a Legendary dagger ( The Barber ) from another pack...

I'm only playing on Expert at the moment, how is it that I am showered with Legendaries?

RNGesus blessed you haha

Swangod

Neo Member
Looks like everyone is a wizard now, time to ditch mine and switch to Crusader.

Mine is 960k, and can definitely go higher.

Do I need to bump up to Torment 2 or higher? I'm definitely not invincible on Torment 1. I don't die very much, but occasionally I do. I guess the reason I'm asking is that most of the legendaries I find aren't that great. In fact, the way I increased my damage is by replacing legendaries with typical yellow rare items. For example, I put on a yellow chest armor with 3 socket spots and socketed 3 Royal Intelligence gems. Bumped me up quite a bit. I found a ton of legendaries and plan sets yesterday I don't think they'll be better than what I have now.

You're going to wish the rng God's would of saved that luck for you at 70 lol.

Trigonx

Kadala is playing with me. She has given me every helm except Mark Of Jeram. Got the Jadehavester piece, and 3 other legendary helms but not the one I want.

Edit: And another random legendary from her that is not Mask of Jeram. Damn you woman!

LogicStep

Enjoy it while it lasts. I too was showered with legendary items as I leveled. Now that I'm doing adventure mod and rifts, they aren't dropping as much...

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
They really should not have stored character data locally, so many people wondering around with hacked items now.

Really wish PC version had controller support.

funkypie

Banned
How does + physical skill damage work. Say slash with electrify rune, is that lightning or physical? Obviously fists of heaven isn't physical. And does physical and elemental all stack? What about with Affixes that buff the skill itself say + slash or fists DMG.

G_Berry

Banned
What do I do with all the random stuff in my inventory such as:

Leorics shinbone
Kinship heart
Adept core
The black rock ledger page 16

I have no idea lol.

YES! FINALLY GOT A MASK OF JERAM!!! Oh wait...

exMl3DI.jpg

You can fuck right off with your old, bugged Helltooth Mask, Blizzard. You too, Kadala.

Do I need to bump up to Torment 2 or higher? I'm definitely not invincible on Torment 1. I don't die very much, but occasionally I do. I guess the reason I'm asking is that most of the legendaries I find aren't that great. In fact, the way I increased my damage is by replacing legendaries with typical yellow rare items. For example, I put on a yellow chest armor with 3 socket spots and socketed 3 Royal Intelligence gems. Bumped me up quite a bit. I found a ton of legendaries and plan sets yesterday I don't think they'll be better than what I have now.

At this point you need multiple full sets with RoRG and gem the fuck out of everything. If you get one with socket its best, otherwise re-roll until you get one. Emerald for weapon, diamond for helm and topaz for everything else. Also the DPS on inventory screen doesn't count your elemental damage, which is more important for wizard than for other brute force classes. So concentrate on bumping up one element instead of spreading it thin. For eg my fire wizard does 35% extra fire damage on top of my DPS, which is pretty significant since all my attacks are fire based.

Daximuss

Same thing happened to me.
Over the weekend, I was getting green set plans and legendaries in abundance on expert difficulty. Once we bumped the difficulty up to torment II, I didn't get nearly the amount of quality drops.

How does + physical skill damage work. Say slash with electrify rune, is that lightning or physical? Obviously fists of heaven isn't physical. And does physical and elemental all stack? What about with Affixes that buff the skill itself say + slash or fists DMG.

Physical is basically another element. Electrify does lightning damage purely. Skill buffs on armor are calculated separately so you'll want to have some boosts to your most used skill alongside stacking as much elemental damage as possible.

I see this on the us.battle.net forums.
Starter Edition accounts do not have the ability to create posts or use the rating buttons. Please upgrade to a full account to enable these features.
How do I upgrade to a full account? Does it cost money or something? Money in addition to what I already paid for two copies of their game?

nikos

Ended up picking this up for the PS4 yesterday, and I'm really glad I did. Not having to click to move makes the game so much more enjoyable for me.

I felt the addiction immediately. I rolled a Demon Hunter (was going to go Wizard but always play casters so I wanted something different) and the gf rolled a Monk. We got to about level 15 last night, and I can't wait to get home to play some more.

Lima

I'm sorry, I must have missed the warning screen that says "Play Hardcore Characters in a open game at your own risk because we like to allow modders."

Hardcore mode doesn't have apprentice mode. So even if he wasn't a cheater and just level 70, by joining your game everything automatically gets scaled up to the highest level except since there is no apprentice mode you don't get boosted. And that is why you died not because he had hacked paragon points or something. I hope you now understand how that is a bad idea. Again you only have yourself to blame.

Tried T3 for the first time with a bud, no deaths. We cleared every nook and cranny in about 18 minutes. Not sure if I can do it on my own but can solo T2 no probs. Will try one now, no follower. Stat sheet has me at 458k so I roll at breakneck speeds through T2 on my own. Scared of T3 but what the hell. Try some bounties first.

Swangod

Neo Member
At this point you need multiple full sets with RoRG and gem the fuck out of everything. If you get one with socket its best, otherwise re-roll until you get one. Emerald for weapon, diamond for helm and topaz for everything else. Also the DPS on inventory screen doesn't count your elemental damage, which is more important for wizard than for other brute force classes. So concentrate on bumping up one element instead of spreading it thin. For eg my fire wizard does 35% extra fire damage on top of my DPS, which is pretty significant since all my attacks are fire based.

Thanks Decarb. Another question. How do you know what perk to choose for rolls? I mean, what one to do I have to choose to try and get a socket? I think the reason most of the legendaries aren't that great is because the ones I've gotten don't have sockets. Also, rolls on Legendaries/Green Items are F'in expensive.

Evil Beaver

... ok I ran bounties on PS4 with three other level 5 players who each had a Professional Russian's Fast Sword. WTF?! How?!

GottaGoFast.jpg

Fistwell

Hey, so, that rift game I joined with that WD spawning redonculous amounts of midget minions (like, flooding the entire fucking area) was not, in fact, the result of some cool leg proc or weird skill rune but rather a cheap-ass "Professional Russian" wasnt he?

Fuck. Kinda wanted my own giant army of minions. (even rolled a WD alt)

I feel used.

Korosenai

4 torment 4 rifts in on my crusader, and I don't get one single legendary drop until the end of the forth one..... And it was a shitty mace and plans for a legendary wand. This game hates me.

Duallusion

Gathering dust in my stash I have (all lvl 70, acquired with my Wiz):

Flesh Tearer
Fulminator
Genzaniku
Maloth's Focus
Odyn Son
Rimeheart
Sky Splitter
Slorak's Madness
The Burning Axe of Sankis
Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
Shi Mizu's Haori
Andariel's Visage
Firebird's Plume
Shackles of the invoker
Promise of Glory
Firebird's Eye
The Oculus
Litany of the undaunted
Fire Walkers

I'd trade pretty much all of 'em for Myken's Ball of Hate and Serpent's Sparker. :/

TehPabz

Yesterday I got Bul-kathos weapon set for my barb! If anybody is willing to trade it for thunderfury and Odyn son let me know! I'm new to diablo so not sure if that's an even trade or are my current weapons as good as those other 2?

Thanks Decarb. Another question. How do you know what perk to choose for rolls? I mean, what one to do I have to choose to try and get a socket? I think the reason most of the legendaries aren't that great is because the ones I've gotten don't have sockets. Also, rolls on Legendaries/Green Items are F'in expensive.

Select the one you want to replace and press square, it'll show you possible replacements. You may not get it on first try, especially sockets, but keep trying until you get one.

Gathering dust in my stash I have (all lvl 70, acquired with my Wiz):

Flesh Tearer
Fulminator
Genzaniku
Maloth's Focus
Odyn Son
Rimeheart
Sky Splitter
Slorak's Madness
The Burning Axe of Sankis
Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
Shi Mizu's Haori
Andariel's Visage
Firebird's Plume
Shackles of the invoker
Promise of Glory
Firebird's Eye
The Oculus
Litany of the undaunted
Fire Walkers

I'd trade pretty much all of 'em for Myken's Ball of Hate and Serpent's Sparker. :/

What are the stats on the Firebird stuff? I have Myken's Ball of Hate.

Can someone with the PC version check something for me? On your detailed sheet, where it lists your attack speed and stuff like that, does it also show your elemental damage bonuses, and if so, does your Fire Damage Increase show your adjusted Fire Damage in the description where it explains what FDI is?

The Diablo wiki says there's no way to see your adjusted elemental damage anywhere on your sheet. Before I correct it, I'm trying to figure out if the wiki is simply out of date, or if the PC never got the same fix that consoles did.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hey, so, that rift game I joined with that WD spawning redonculous amounts of midget minions (like, flooding the entire fucking area) was not, in fact, the result of some cool leg proc or weird skill rune but rather a cheap-ass "Professional Russian" wasnt he?

I feel used.

Nope, WDs can have a ton out at once through skills alone.

Duallusion

What are the stats on the Firebird stuff? I have Myken's Ball of Hate.

Plume:
693 int
647 vit
143 pois res
dur of cont effects -25
1 socket
+14% arcane torrent damage

Eye:
351-409 dam
+20% fire skill
673 int
+35% gold from monst
+14 max arcane power
1 socket
resource cost +5%

Plume:
693 int
647 vit
143 pois res
dur of cont effects -25
1 socket
+14% arcane torrent damage

Eye:
351-409 dam
+20% fire skill
673 int
+35% gold from monst
+14 max arcane power
1 socket
resource cost +5%

Would you be willing to trade both for Myken's? Or just one? My PSN is hi-fi_famicom and I'm online now.

LOL just killed a bounty mob called the Dataminer.

His description read that he "unearths spoils".

Oh Blizzard ..... you and your jokes ...

Since Akkahn refuses to drop for me outside of poorly rolled boots...im having to make due with my fire skill gear.

Just need a cindercoat to drop for me. Should put me up to 100% fire skill damage. :)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Finally faced
Diablo
for the first time, playing on Expert, and killed him in 3 minutes without using a single potion.

Man this game is too easy, or i'm just too good, one of those.

Expert is one of the lowest difficulty levels you know :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The Out of the Fire bounty in Act V just bugged for me and the randoms I'm playing with online. We're supposed to kill the reapers outside of this burning house to trigger the next step in the bounty, and we did but nothing happened.

Audioboxer

Finally faced
Diablo
for the first time, playing on Expert, and killed him in 3 minutes without using a single potion.

Man this game is too easy, or i'm just too good, one of those.

Yeah expert is a scoosh.

After importing my PS3 save (wanted my wings) and losing my 70 crusader :'(, I'm now relevelling him and had a chance to start on master. Bit tougher, not really worth it, I'm going to drop back down to expert and power back to 70 as quickly as possible :)

Especially now that I know loot drop rates for legendaries are no different between the two.

HaleStorm

I feel used.

I use A WD and I have a whole kindergarten class full of those guys following me around. Use Fetish Sycophants, and an attack spell with a high tick rate like rain of toads. The fetish passive activates on 10% of successfull hits, so if you are using an AoE on a bigg group of small enemies they spawn fast.

If they had that sword though they may have been procing way faster than normal.

As in modded with a save editor? Or an in-game exploit? I agree that it ruins the fun, these guys steam-rolled everything in sight within seconds.

I would love to see perma bans or console bans for anyone doing this stuff.

X-Frame

Since Akkahn refuses to drop for me outside of poorly rolled boots...im having to make due with my fire skill gear.

Just need a cindercoat to drop for me. Should put me up to 100% fire skill damage. :)

Stacking elemental damage is crazy. I have about 60-70% Lightning damage for my Crusader and my lightning skills hit like a truck and enabled me to jump from T1 to T2 easily.

I am going to start trying for Fire damage next.

Top Bottom