• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 PS4 / X1 - No EASHL in the game?

I still have hope they won't futz this up.
This was supposed to be the first time I bought NHL in 4 years, and loved EASHL in the past. Would love to get onto a team with some of you vets.
I guess Be A Pro for this year isn't the worst thing.

lol, the We_want_eashl twitter got blocked by the dev

25rp2s0_zps44ed0be6.png

BokehKing

Banned
EA Sports Hockey League. Basically, 12 players get into a game and choose positions, so the game is 6 v 6 between thos erandom 12 players (3 Forwards, 2 Defensemen and 1 Goalie for each team. Players don't leave the ice, so you're always playing unless you take a penalty.).
I never knew about that, it sounds amazing

It's not literally written down. But is it really reaching if we're less than month away and one of the most popular modes ever in the game, hasn't been mentioned at all, and they're dancing around it?

It's entirely possible they're announcing that new mode next week, but it is really bizarre that they'd release that kind of info THIS late.

They could be revamping the mode so maybe that's why they're delaying any sort of confirmation until the game mode blowout next week.

You guys, I'm starting to feel like a gossipy high school girl. I swear this will be my last strawman/speculative post!

http://www.mediamarkt.se/mcs/product/NHL-15-Sport-Xbox-One,90952,510157,1208433.html

Look I don't understand this language but this is all we need to see:

hmmmmm

That's not all we need to see because that could easily be an error just like the 1-2 players listed on other sites.

What we need is confirmation from EA themselves because right now, they are the only ones that know.

That's not all we need to see because that could easily be an error just like the 1-2 players listed on other sites.

What we need is confirmation from EA themselves because right now, they are the only ones that know.

haha what I meant is that's the only detail people should bother looking for. and yeah, I most definitely am not going to trust some swedish site

just going to hope and hope

I'm not canceling my pre-order until they actually confirm that EASHL (or it's new equivalent game mode) is gone. I love NHL. But this is my most played online game mode.

I will not buy the game until it's less than $35 used if it's gone. I still play GM Mode and casually the standard VS mode. But I have to show them that it's unacceptable to axe arguably my favorite game mode. I never buy used games but I'll buy NHL 15 used if I have to.

Neil_J_UK

What?

This was the reason I was getting a PS4 next month. This is still a rumour right?

Your guess is as good as ours!

Even though I've never played EASHL, it'll be a shame if it's not included. Clubs on FIFA is tons of fun with friends.

Delryk

Your guess is as good as ours!

Even though I've never played EASHL, it'll be a shame if it's not included. Clubs on FIFA is tons of fun with friends.

Thats another thing.. fifa14 has clubs.. and wasnt that game day 1 last year?.. wouldnt make sense to take it out of Nhl15.

I've also heard from multiple people who claim to know EASHL and GM Connected are not in the game, but I have no way to verify their authenticity. There is no reason why, if this is untrue, EA would not be able to confirm a feature from last year carrying over to this year. The silence from them is saying a lot. Whether they're out of the game for sure or they are uncertain if they can get them in.

multiple people who claim to know EASHL and GM Connected are not in the game

So both EASHL AND GM Connected are out for 15?? What's left?

Granted, EASHL is the mode I enjoyed the most in recent memory in the NHL games. I didn't play it as much in 14, but I had a really hard time liking that game as a whole.

Provided my friends are actually getting NHL 15 - they have yet to confirm - this news will be disappointing, if true.

D1NO

Neo Member
I believe this is simply a PR stance by EA to continue to push the Ultimate Team pre-order edition to the masses.

If you remember in NHL 14, it took 4 or 5 menu clicks to find the EASHL option and they never promote it because when it comes to the bottom line, nothing makes them more money than Ultimate Team.

I think there they will have Be A Pro in the game, the question is did they hack it up, or improve upon it from NHL 14. I think it will be just the same as last yr.

And another point to make, the Be A Pro also makes them tons of $ with the boost packs so it would be unwise to take away another way to make money via DLC.

I wonder how they want to compensate the missing $ that people spent on the few boosts and slots that were simply annoying to unlock or bugged (e.g. playing 2 season of Be A Pro and reaching certain goals). They can be simulated, but still take a lot of time.
That's why I always kept 20-25€ on my PSN account.

There's just no logical reason to remove the mode, not even development time.

Abylim

I'm buying day one.

I never really got into EASHL, so this doesnt directly concern me, but its never good when things get taken away that others enjoyed.

NateGrigs

I'm buying day one.

I never really got into EASHL, so this doesnt directly concern me, but its never good when things get taken away that others enjoyed.

This is exactly how I feel.

Something like this really illustrates why competition is needed in this industry. Unfortunately, I don't see anybody competing with EA at this point.....boy do I miss espn hockey (even if I didn't really enjoy the last few)

What happened to NHL 2k? Cause I remember I got that, before EASHL came out and I switched to NHL '09. My guess is 2k ran out of money...

I just remember in that game, you could either turn on commentary or have dramatic music going along with the game lol

EASHL was the only reason I played the NHL series. I have no interest in GM or My Player modes or anything like that. But EASHL was one of the best new sports modes introduced in sports gaming last gen. For a gen that was very bad for sports gaming, it was one of the few bright spots.

EASHL was the only reason I played the NHL series. I have no interest in GM or My Player modes or anything like that. But EASHL was one of the best new sports modes introduced in sports gaming last gen. For a gen that was very bad for sports gaming, it was one of the few bright spots.

WHERE HAS ALBATROSS BEEN IN MY LIFE

But to stay on topic---I actually JUST noticed pasta's post about possibly no connected GM. I know we've over speculated in here (especially myself)...but what the hell WOULD the game feature then!?

WHERE HAS ALBATROSS BEEN IN MY LIFE

But to stay on topic---I actually JUST noticed pasta's post about possibly no connected GM. I know we've over speculated in here (especially myself)...but what the hell WOULD the game feature then!?

Graphics.

Another highlight in the EA threads, this one: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/10147000.page#33345242

Like one post says there were 6 votes for yes, 2 minutes later 90 votes, and a few more minutes later 210 votes. With ~160 thread views.
What the... I don't even...

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not one to make excuses for people, but I can fully understand why some of these modes didn't make it into NHL 15 this year. The EA NHL team is the smallest of the EA sports teams (I believe it's only like 40 people) and they haven't outsourced the last gen NHL games to another studio yet. So while they were working on NHL 14 for PS3/360 they were also working on NHL 15 for X1/PS4/PS3/360. That's a shit load of work for 40 people, especially when they're not spending full time on the X1/PS4 versions.

Don't blame the team working on them, blame the big wigs up top who made the decision to not give them more people or let the team off load the last gen versions to another studio (like they did for NHL 07-09 at HB Studios). As someone that does this for a living, you have to understand that it's not just a magic switch to port over all that networking/engine/and UI code/art to the current gen systems. EASHL and GM Connected (if that is gone as well) modes are a huge undertaking in terms of UI work engineering support. They literally don't have the manpower to work on all those things while doing all the other stuff to get that game playable. I hope the Vancouver team doesn't have to work on NHL 16 last gen this fall so they can put all their focus on the PS4/X1 versions.

depward

Was watching the press row podcasts podcast hangout last night and someone brought up a decent point:

Maybe the PR team is locked to a schedule of unveils and feature overviews and simply isn't deviating from it.

I mean, has rammer or the EA NHL team answered ANY question - EASHL or not - on any social channels?

Just an idea that would be ridiculous but it's EA so I don't know.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Was watching the press row podcasts podcast hangout last night and someone brought up a decent point:

Maybe the PR team is locked to a schedule of unveils and feature overviews and simply isn't deviating from it.

I mean, has rammer or the EA NHL team answered ANY question - EASHL or not - on any social channels?

Just an idea that would be ridiculous but it's EA so I don't know.
This is a valid point, but at the same time the uproar is so huge, you think it would be simple for them to simply tweet "EASHL is in guys, don't worry we've got more news coming soon!" kind of thing.

Let's all see what Hitler thinks of this EASHL rumor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pQz97AsrsM&feature=youtu.be

rofl

Love these videos even though we know what's happening every time

"everyone who plays fifa please leave the room" LOL
Graphics.

Another highlight in the EA threads, this one: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/10147000.page#33345242

Like one post says there were 6 votes for yes, 2 minutes later 90 votes, and a few more minutes later 210 votes. With ~160 thread views.
What the... I don't even...

Wow

That is just a new low...

beta_fuse

I will refuse to buy this game if EASHL isn't in the PS4 version. It really is the only reason why I buy NHL to begin with.

Also I'm thoroughly unimpressed with that poll getting highjacked on the EA forums. What a bunch of morons.

I really hope they're not treating NHL as the guinea pig to see if eliminating these modes affects sales, since these modes are likely not huge revenue generators(as discussed on the new PressRow podcast).
Ugh, that'd be sickening. Removing stuff because it doesn't make money.

I really hope they're not treating NHL as the guinea pig to see if eliminating these modes affects sales, since these modes are likely not huge revenue generators(as discussed on the new PressRow podcast).

Huh? It's one of the two modes that creates additional revenue, aside from HUT. You can buy boosts and slots for your player, and some criterias are too annoying for a lot of people to actually unlocking them through gameplay.

GMC does not generate anything, neither does Be A GM or any of the other modes.

No way. This mode has to generate the second most, possibly most, after HUT or whatever the hell it's called.

Shit, you play EASHL on day 1 and there's dudes everywhere loaded with boosters. And I am guilty as charged.

Top Bottom