• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2: Driving Social — Drivatars, 1000 player clubs, instant multiplayer

kuppy

Video

Xbox Wire: Connect Like Never Before with Forza Horizon 2’s New Social Features
For many fans, the social aspect of gaming is one of the best elements. Whether you’re playing cooperatively with a longtime friend, meeting (and defeating) new people in competitive multiplayer, or just chatting it up in a pre-game lobby, there are plenty of opportunities for socializing. But it can always get better. As you’ll see in the video above, the development teams at Playground Games and Turn 10 Studios have been hard at work ensuring that Forza Horizon 2 will be the most social racing game ever made.

The key for the team was to ensure everyone’s game feels connected, even when you’re not in multiplayer. For instance, when you’re in your solo campaign, you’ll see your friends’ Drivatars cruising around the world, practically daring you to challenge their best times. This is made even easier thanks to the fact that you’ll be presented with friend comparisons for nearly everything you do in-game. Coolest of all, your friends don’t even need to be online for you to take them on, as asynchronous Rivals challenges let you race on your own schedule.

When the time is right to hop on Xbox Live for some online action, the transition from single-player to multiplayer is completely seamless thanks to a notable lack of lobbies or anything else that might force you to wait. Just hop in and start racing toward the finish line (or completing objectives, or doing one of the many other new activities to be found in Forza Horizon 2).

Of course, Forza Horizon 2 is about much more than just racing. As a celebration of all thing automotive, Forza Horizon 2’s community features shine bright. Players will be able to create Clubs with up to 1,000 like-minded members. The purpose of that club, however, is up to you. Maybe you want to hang with Forza fans who pledge allegiance to a certain car brand, or find other people to tackle specific challenges with. Or maybe the club just consists of you and a group of your closest friends. It’s your call.

Custom liveries have long been one of the hallmarks of the Forza franchise, and Forza Horizon 2 takes sharing them to a whole new level. Want to show off your sweet custom ride or check out what’s hot amongst members of the Forza Horizon 2 community? Head into one of the Online Car Meets to show off your car or take a look at other drivers’ whips. Like the custom livery on one of the car? You’ll be able to download it for yourself with just the press of a button.

There are a few ways to enjoy road time with friends. One is Online Road Trip, which will allow your group to see the sights while exploring the open world between destinations. Once you reach where you’re going, your group will be able to vote on the next destination. Online Free Roam, on the other hand, is precisely what it sounds like: hit the road and go wherever you want to go next.

Forza Horizon 2 has been built from the ground up to let you easily connect with your friends and fellow members of the gaming world’s most passionate car community. Connecting with them will be easier than ever before once Forza Horizon 2 hits the road beginning on Sept. 30.

The social stuff doesn't really interest me.

Horizon 1's single player was loosely held together by a story, are we not getting one this time? It seems like they've gone for a social sandbox type experience.

G Rom

someone please WebM that night scene starting at 0:49, that looks crazy good.

This and the 1:13 part.

The wet nights photoshoots shall be glorious ! :eek:

The only downside of the game at the moment for me is the car list, we're at less than 10 brand new to Forza cars at the moment IIRC. Hopefully they'll ramp up the new cars in the next car list reveals but this new trailer doesn't give me much hope...
That and I'm waiting to see their DLC strategy for the game as I don't want the same strategy as last gen with cars recycled from FM5 coming in DLC form to FH.

I'll quote myself from FM5's OT on my wishful thinking DLC plan for the Forza series :

I think it would be great if Horizon 2 launched with all the cars from FM5 + DLC (beside race cars, for obvious reasons) and the season pass from Horizon 2 allowed the cars to be used in both games.
Same when the inevitable FM6 launches, have the FM6 season pass overlap on Horizon 2, etc...
Basically, making sure that we don't pay for cars again in FH.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Day one digital baby. Pre-loading is confirmed as well. It will be sweet

Cannot wait for this !!!

Graphics are very good for an open world game, hey and it's 1080p !!!

Looks like the multiplayer will be a blast to play judging by how smooth everything is.

mclem

Horizon 1's single player was loosely held together by a story, are we not getting one this time? It seems like they've gone for a social sandbox type experience.

I assume - from the talking heads they had around the demo reels - they're still going with the 'festival' theming, and it wouldn't surprise me if some sort of campaign flows naturally from that - again, like the first game.

chugen

i6nlfpr3dqyCG.gif

iHGbQRz4hZnqa.gif

ibi4RiUkjW3Xhb.gif

shandy706

Absolutely great looking. Can't wait to dig into this!

Some good road racing in there without the off-roading. The "concerned" people in that regard can now rest easy, lol.

Certinty

Is Spain also in the game? Couldn't help but notice that after they showed the game they were talking about a real life challenge going from Spain to France to Italy and the latter two are in the game.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Does anyone else think that it looks as though they've tweaked the colour grading to make it look more realistic? It looks like it to me.

Novak

Day one with pre-load
and free Gamestop money

I just hope there is some story like in FH1.
Anyone making GAF club? I want to copy designs and tunes from more talented people :)

shandy706

Does anyone else think that it looks as though they've tweaked the colour grading to make it look more realistic? It looks like it to me.

They may have...although it is very bright and colorful in some areas still (which is fine).

Check out the speed on this one..LOL

ycqapu.gif

tumblr_mplk4n2GlY1r9sm3yo3_500.gif

One more

mdyjlm.gif

Pre-loading this asap! That night scene at the docks was beautiful and exactly the kind of location I wanted to see when they announced the setting.

Ape

Banned
Thank you based gamestop for allowing me to buy Forza Horizon 2 and several other games for "free" this holiday.

I totally forget that I have that money on my account until someone on here brings it up.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
havent played tag/infected style games since midtown madness on the OG xbox, but the dedicated play spaces in horizon 2 look great for it. man, the remainder of 2014 is looking great for x1

eso76

looks amazing.

Yes, it looks more realistic than it did at E3, but that might be different lighting due to TOD.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
They may have...although it is very bright and colorful in some areas still (which is fine).

Check out the speed on this one..LOL

ycqapu.gif

tumblr_mplk4n2GlY1r9sm3yo3_500.gif

One more

mdyjlm.gif

Obviously with dynamic time of day it's difficult to tell, but it definitely looks 'colder' to me, like they've toned down the Forza series' trademark 'warmth'. Oranges have become more yellow,

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Encoding some gameplay from the hands on session after the press conference. Should take at least 30 minutes due to the rather bad upload at the hotel :/

Top Bottom