• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

The sound effects sound a lot better...assuming they're not just trailer sound effects that won't be in the actual game. The Wyatt entrance video they showed off a bit ago had the same crowd sound effect they've always had.

Hair still looks terrible lol. Also D.Brine's head barely hit the mat during the Sister Abigail. Harper's dive looked good, but I'm guessing the run off the ropes animation there is canned.

Oh, and the jackasses who ardently defend this shit year after year are the absolute worst. "You people are never happy!".

Hair still looks terrible lol. Also D.Brine's head barely hit the mat during the Sister Abigail. Harper's dive looked good, but I'm guessing the run off the ropes animation there is canned.

Oh, and the jackasses who ardently defend this shit year after year are the absolute worst. "You people are never happy!".

Every animation in that video is canned. You won't have control over the character during any of that. Saw some clipping with Ziggler and Daniel Bryan too. Sound effects don't really sound improved to me. Listen to the Rko when DB hits the mat.

Every animation in that video is canned. You won't have control over the character during any of that. Saw some clipping with Ziggler and Daniel Bryan too. Sound effects don't really sound improved to me. Listen to the Rko when DB hits the mat.

Not to mention the boring reaction animation. Seriously, the old games had some killer reaction animations, like immediately sitting up and crumpling to the side after being with Undertaker's Last Ride. Lately, they just hit the mat and that's it.

Not to mention the boring reaction animation. Seriously, the old games had some killer reaction animations, like immediately sitting up and crumpling to the side after being with Undertaker's Last Ride. Lately, they just hit the mat and that's it.

Yeah. The main problem is most of the moves aren't satisfying. If I take the effort to put someone on the announce table, climb the top rope, and hit a move to break the table with them on it, they shouldn't be getting up in 8 or 9 seconds and then start countering moves. The moves like the weapons don't have any weight behind them.

strobogo

Banned
All of the mocapped moves lack impact. They have since the first game they started using them instead of drawn animations. No surprise that would continue.

GravyButt

Wonder if the batista bomb into rko is an actual tag finisher, or if that was a cutscene of sorts? To be honest, I never did tag matches in any of the wwe games in the past few years. Were always insanely annoying to me for some reason, so im not sure how tag finishers work in the 2k series.

Someone enlighten me?

Evidently I ordered the game for the 360 a few months ago with gift cards. Got email a few minutes ago that it shipped. Im sitting here all upset because I have it digitally preordered for the ps4. Oh well, maybe ill play the 360 version for a little while then give it to my friend.

Wonder if the batista bomb into rko is an actual tag finisher, or if that was a cutscene of sorts? To be honest, I never did tag matches in any of the wwe games in the past few years. Were always insanely annoying to me for some reason, so im not sure how tag finishers work in the 2k series.

Someone enlighten me?

Evidently I ordered the game for the 360 a few months ago with gift cards. Got email a few minutes ago that it shipped. Im sitting here all upset because I have it digitally preordered for the ps4. Oh well, maybe ill play the 360 version for a little while then give it to my friend.

Looks like a cutscene. The tag moves they do have in the game are annoying to pull off because of the horrible controls very specific positions you have to be in to do them, coupled with the ai recovering so fast that it is hard to get them in the correct placement.

Looks like a cutscene. The tag moves they do have in the game are annoying to pull off because of the horrible controls very specific positions you have to be in to do them, coupled with the ai recovering so fast that it is hard to get them in the correct placement.

It's a corner tag move. You can clearly see the tag at the beginning.

It's a corner tag move. You can clearly see the tag at the beginning.

Doesn't mean it's not a cut scene. Could be during one of the storyline modes where you meet certain requirements and it automatically happens. Them doing this specialized move together with both finishers means it's a cutscene in one of the modes somewhere. Maybe when Evolution got back together early this year?

Hopefully someone will get it early.

There are a couple of people who have received it early on twitter but they got it from 2k so they aren't talking.

I'm almost tempted to go and grab it tomorrow from my local mom & pop so I can just blow the lid on all the secrecy. I really have no interest in the last gen version though.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
There are a couple of people who have received it early on twitter but they got it from 2k so they aren't talking.

I'm almost tempted to go and grab it tomorrow from my local mom & pop so I can just blow the lid on all the secrecy. I really have no interest in the last gen version though.

I edited my post.

Do it. Take one for the team man.

I hope the next gen version gets big final touches, delaying it like that makes no sense

There is no way 2 more weeks is going to help unless it just wasnt in a playable state before.

To build artificial hype? :p

Part of me thinks they did it just to see if people would double dip on 2 platforms with a delayed release, but I know they need more time. I just don't think 2 weeks is going to be the help they were looking for, but they are being forced to put it out before Black Friday due to WWE demands. I think the next gen version is going to be a huge mess at release, because there is no way it will be ready.

El_Cinefilo

Doesn't mean it's not a cut scene. Could be during one of the storyline modes where you meet certain requirements and it automatically happens. Them doing this specialized move together with both finishers means it's a cutscene in one of the modes somewhere. Maybe when Evolution got back together early this year?

Doesn't mean it is a cut scene either. Could be a corner tag like it looks. You don't HAVE to act like the worst possible thing is 100% confirmed without any evidence whenever anything is mentioned or shown about the game. How about maybe.. Wait and see how it is? And if it agitates you this much then don't play it?

Doesn't mean it is a cut scene either. Could be a corner tag like it looks. You don't HAVE to act like the worst possible thing is 100% confirmed without any evidence whenever anything is mentioned or shown about the game. How about maybe.. Wait and see how it is? And if it agitates you this much then don't play it?

"Wait and see it could be good" Said before every WWE game release by Yukes for the last 8 years. When a product is bad year after year and made by a horrible developer with a known track record of being horrible, you learn to expect and assume the worst. Atleast then you'll have

lowered-expectations.jpg

Want to hear a positive thing about 2k14 and this year? The presentation of the menus and such is much improved compared to when it was being produced by THQ. They were using straight up PS2 style menus and loading screens until the 2k buyout.

uiMxxFg.jpg

2k hyping the "secret" characters in the game.

Go fuck yourselves 2k.

They're padding the holy fuck out of that roster. 2 Batistas, 2 Cm Punks, 2 Kanes, 2 Jerichos. Also why are they trying to act like Rock's a secret character when he's been shown anyway lol.

Hasney

They're padding the holy fuck out of that roster. 2 Batistas, 2 Cm Punks, 2 Kanes, 2 Jerichos. Also why are they trying to act like Rock's a secret character when he's been shown anyway lol.

There's 2 Del Rios for christs sake.

EDIT: if you look at most of the locks in alphabetical order, they're the NXT guys. Hilarious.

Hasney

Has to be Rusev, who is probably considered an NXT star like the other unlockables (minus Rock).

Easy pass on this game with that roster.

Shit, of course it's Rusev.

I too dislike the roster, but for a different reason than most people. Needs Tyler Breeze, Vaudevillians, Kalisto, Ascension, Big Cass and Enzo. Nash is the only legend I need unless they start adding WCW cruiserweights as legends

I do find it funny that earlier in the thread, I was debating with some guy about what would make a shit roster (Legends Vs. NXT) and it's shit for both of us.

EDIT: Just noticed that both Kanes are masked varieties. Lol-fucking-l.

Top Bottom