• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

NovaCross

Neo Member
This is shaping up to be by the far the worst product they've ever put out. It's the SAME game with less stuff and modes taken out. This is unacceptable. DO NOT spend your hard earned cash on the last gen version of the game. Let it be known that shit like this cannot and should not be happening.

The Create-A-Wrestler mode is probably the main selling point for a lot of people. The fact that there are little to no improvements each year is disappointing. Completely taking out the option for Custom Music for our wrestlers? The hell?

I never really bothered with Create-A-Story but as everyone knows, VGCW heavily relied on that mode for their streams and shows. Looks like they're going to have to stick with 2K14, I mean why not? It's the same thing anyway.

Yukes treating the last gen version of 2K just like Visual Concepts did with NBA2K, the same game. And of course they as $60 for it.

2K is horrible.

Yukes treating the last gen version of 2K just like Visual Concepts did with NBA2K, the same game. And of course they as $60 for it.

2K is horrible.

This isn't even the same game. This is worse. They took out features and it has a worse roster and story mode compared to the one from 2k14. You can go buy 2k14 for $10-$20 and get much more enjoyment out of it than this years version.

strobogo

Banned
CCVvbxQ.gif

KR7ObFA.gif

2K was the 3rd man the whole time. Some really, really scummy shit from them surrounding this game. I get not adding the new gen features into the last gen game. I don't get removing standard features in the last gen game that have been in for years. I don't get using CAWs in a marketing campaign. I don't get having a Youtube campaign to have WWE stars shit talk fans that dared have any negative comments or questions about the game that was under lock and key until 3 days before release. And then sell the game at full price even after removing standard features. 2K can STICK IT, brother. This shit is gross. Who would have ever thought that 2K would be scummier than THQ?

Hasney

CCVvbxQ.gif

KR7ObFA.gif

2K was the 3rd man the whole time. Some really, really scummy shit from them surrounding this game. I get not adding the new gen features into the last gen game. I don't get removing standard features in the last gen game that have been in for years. I don't get using CAWs in a marketing campaign. I don't get having a Youtube campaign to have WWE stars shit talk fans that dared have any negative comments or questions about the game that was under lock and key until 3 days before release. And then sell the game at full price even after removing standard features. 2K can STICK IT, brother. This shit is gross. Who would have ever thought that 2K would be scummier than THQ?

WWE-the+most+beautiful+smile.gif

Wondering if the lack of soundtrack, story and finisher is due to parity so the last gen version isn't better, or because they think it will take away from some of the DLC. Either way, scummy bullshit.

Don't expect the PS4/Xbone version to be any better really. Sure it will have nicer graphics, but I expect everything else to be just as bad.

Dude, you're pathological.

Let's see the final gameplay first.

Yes, let's ignore everything Yukes has done over the years and continue to hold out hope that this might be the one where things get better, despite every piece of evidence we have showing the opposite. I'm the one with the issue?

Hasney

Dude, you're pathological.

Let's see the final gameplay first.

Well I would take as fact that create-a-story, create-a-finisher and custom soundtracks didn't make the cut in the current gen version either. I can't see them ripping out features of the last gen when it's just a re-skin unless there were reasons.

I'll probably get some fun out of career and universe since I didn't pay a penny for it. I'll have a good laugh at some glitches and have an epic Del Rio V Del Rio feud. My wallet would feel abused if I paid for full price though.

WWE-the+most+beautiful+smile.gif

Wondering if the lack of soundtrack, story and finisher is due to parity so the last gen version isn't better, or because they think it will take away from some of the DLC. Either way, scummy bullshit.

WWE/2K are hilarious. No, we can't say that the PS3 version has the create a story or finishers or custom soundtrack or all these features when the PS4 version doesn't...those would have bad headlines. Instead REMOVE THOSE FEATURES in both versions, so the headlines will say that last year's game was superior in every wa----ohh.

Ryce

Yuke's didn't actually develop the PS2 versions of SvR08-SvR11 (they were outsourced to some cheap company whose name escapes me), and the same is probably true of the 360/PS3 version of 2K15. The publisher likes to hide this fact, but Yuke's only ever works on the lead platform.

Hasney

Yuke's didn't actually develop the PS2 versions of SvR08-SvR11 (they were outsourced to some cheap company whose name escapes me), and the same is probably true of the 360/PS3 version of 2K15. The publisher likes to hide this fact, but Yuke's only ever works on the lead platform.

At this point, it doesn't even matter who developed it. The game engine is a re-skin, so no additional work would be required to keep old features other than putting the menu option in.

I have a slight suspicion that some of these modes will be re-enabled by hackers on the PS3...
Not counting custom themes, since they will be hacked in regardless

At this point, it doesn't even matter who developed it. The game engine is a re-skin, so no additional work would be required to keep old features other than putting the menu option in.

I have a slight suspicion that some of these modes will be re-enabled by hackers on the PS3...
Not counting custom themes, since they will be hacked in regardless

Yeah and I can't wait since I have a modded PS3. I bet everything removed is hacked back in and probably several missing wrestlers too. Here is a walkthrough of the who got nxt mode

http://youtu.be/Pua4BqWle_Q?list=UUQdJrj3n-7MeGW0_TmpfQMQ

Yeah and I can't wait since I have a modded PS3. I bet everything removed is hacked back in and probably several missing wrestlers too. Here is a walkthrough of the who got nxt mode

http://youtu.be/Pua4BqWle_Q?list=UUQdJrj3n-7MeGW0_TmpfQMQ

I remember when moves that were taken out of 2011 were put back in by hackers. Perfectly good moves that put most of the mo-capped ones to shame. So then Yukes completely removed them at some point. Also I forgot how big a drop off there was graphics-wise from 2011 to 12. Dat Predator tech.

eh, it looks like I'm gonna stick with 2k14. hey, I saved some money this year!

snide response aside, I might buy it used next year depending on a few things.

Yes, let's ignore everything Yukes has done over the years and continue to hold out hope that this might be the one where things get better, despite every piece of evidence we have showing the opposite. I'm the one with the issue?

This whole thread is basically you shitting on every piece of news or footage that comes out.

Answer me this--if the PS4/XB1 versions turn out to be a decent game, are you going to be able to acknowledge it or you so deadset on barreling along on your warpath that nothing is going to change your mind?

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just saying it won't kill you to show a shred of optimism.

This whole thread is basically you shitting on every piece of news or footage that comes out.

Answer me this--if the PS4/XB1 versions turn out to be a decent game, are you going to be able to acknowledge it or you so deadset on barreling along on your warpath that nothing is going to change your mind?

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just saying it won't kill you to show a shred of optimism.

If the PS4 version turns out to be decent by some divine intervention then there's still the issue of the PS3 version having all the removed features and gamemodes that is scummy as fuck. Any optimism should be dead for this game since the PS3 version leaked and it actually TOOK OUT features without adding anything substantial.

HT UK

2K16 - Use ANY song as your entrance theme!
2K17 - Create your own custom stories!
2K18 - Create your own custom finishing moves!

By the time we get Rollins/Ambrose in non-Shield attire, they'll have reunited the Shield.

If the game is good I will say it's good. I don't hold a grudge against the developer. I had alot of hope for the next gen version actually before gameplay was shown. Right now I can only go by the evidence presented in front of me and everything points to it being horrible. Why do you feel the need to constantly defend the game? If the PS4 version turns out to be horrible, will you admit it is a horrible game? They are still screwing people over with the PS3/360 version irregardless of how the PS4 version turns out.

Branson

Fucking shit. I just re pre ordered the PS4 version and now after reading this I dont have a lot of faith in them doing that version any better. Cancelled and waiting for info on that version. Hope its better. Guess I'll continue simming in Fire Pro Returns like usual.

If the game is good I will say it's good. I don't hold a grudge against the developer. I had alot of hope for the next gen version actually before gameplay was shown. Right now I can only go by the evidence presented in front of me and everything points to it being horrible. Why do you feel the need to constantly defend the game? If the PS4 version turns out to be horrible, will you admit it is a horrible game? They are still screwing people over with the PS3/360 version irregardless of how the PS4 version turns out.

I will happily admit it's a bad game if that's the case. You can hold me to that.

I don't think they are screwing anyone over with the PS3/360 version. It's a last gen sports game for christs sake, not a poisoned well. You can choose to buy it or not. We have no idea why they took out certain modes, it's all just speculation. I personally feel like create a finisher deserved to go, it was a bad feature.

I will happily admit it's a bad game if that's the case. You can hold me to that.

I don't think they are screwing anyone over with the PS3/360 version. It's a last gen sports game for christs sake, not a poisoned well. You can choose to buy it or not. We have no idea why they took out certain modes, it's all just speculation. I personally feel like create a finisher deserved to go, it was a bad feature.

How are they not screwing over PS3 owners when they are taking OUT features that were in last years game? That's a downgrade. What reason do they have to take out create a story other than they want it to be the same as the PS4 version?

strobogo

Banned
nothing wrong with 2K really. Just need a new developer. Build a WWE game from the ground up.
The current WWE games are still just building up from the PS2 era.

Nothing wrong with 2K, except for accepting payment from IGN to give them exclusives and then give them nothing, starting a YT campaign with Superstars being passive aggressive/outright aggressive towards commentators who had questions or negative comments, removing features that have been in the game for years, while only adding one new feature and selling it for full price, glitchy, and ugly as ever. And using a CAW of Ambrose in the marketing. You can't blame all of those on Yukes.

strobogo

Banned
I thought those were great.

What's great about directly confronting people who are buying your product and telling them how stupid they are? Especially when you're putting out a sub-par product? People think it is weird that they won't show any footage or give any details, 2K gets aggressively defensive, then remove a bunch of shit and put out half a game. So great.

DJKhaled

wait wait wait, did i read correctly that Zack Ryder isn't in the game? wtf. I mean I'm still buying the Xbox One version because I want a new wrestling game but I hope it gets a shitty metacritic score so 2K and WWE realise that Yukes fucking sucks.

5JlvGaE.png
The WWE Video Game Universe™ loves it, Maggle!

7A4dRgz.png
Indeed they do, JBL. IGN is calling it the best WWE game yet!

x1leAyt.png
And the graphics are so lifelike, wow!

adj_noun

What's great about directly confronting people who are buying your product and telling them how stupid they are?

I took the badgering of the commenters in the same spirit I generally take a heel knocking Local Sports Team. I get where you're coming from; I suppose I just didn't take it as seriously.

I mean, I thought Paul Heyman demanding someone stop using him as an avatar or claiming he'd sue them for using Brock Lesnar (or something) as a user name was pretty funny.

Top Bottom