• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-Alpha builds -> You can play and test it for free.

Mudcrab

ibuk5D4qR65lqU.gif

I hereby retire from Unreal Tournament because there's only one way to go now, and it ain't up.

This is crazy polished given that state it's in. I mean, yeah, they had a large foundation to work off of and they're a Tencent company, but still.

That gif is doing funny things to my body.

Xyber

so jelly on that fps :D game runs like 20fps on my machine...fun still though!

I get 100-120fps. I did turn down shadows and effects a bit to keep it more stable up there. But I'm impressed it runs as good as it does right now.

I will also be upgrading to a 880 in about a month too, will make this game my bitch.

Xyber

not knowing this saddens me deeply. Shock Rifle. ASMD in the original Unreal.

Was a console only guy (apart from CS and HL2 back in 04-05) up until 2010, I think I played a demo for 2k4 and that's all the experience I have with UT and Quake. :D

jeffers

Was a console only guy (apart from CS and HL2 back in 04-05) up until 2010, I think I played a demo for 2k4 and that's all the experience I have with UT and Quake. :D

to tell the truth in my head ASMD was ASMO but googled to be sure :p

It seems the servers are all full. Is there a serverlist somewhere I can use?

If not, is there a server client I could use? I'd be willing to host a GAF server (US West).

Xyber

It seems the servers are all full. Is there a serverlist somewhere I can use?

If not, is there a server client I could use? I'd be willing to host a GAF server (US West).

I was wondering the same thing, could probably throw one up for EU if it's easy enough.

dewkl

Neo Member
Can't bring up the console unfortunately... keyboard language differences I guess.
Doesn't work for me either. Tried to change the keyboard layout but still no console. Also tried to change the input.ini and the other input.ini (which is blank?).

Techies

Could also contact Beyondunreal if you have a server hosted and ask for a portal to be put up.
Otherwise you just "open IP" in console.

balohna

Is there any way to get this without a torrent? I want to play it on my lunch break at work but I don't want to install torrent software.

Freezard

Is this in Windows? And what region? Maybe adding and selecting a US keyboard layout under regional settings can do the trick.

Well this issue is in many games for EU players. Also the original UT, but you can usually rebind the console key in the ini files but I don't think you're able to change anything in the UT4 inis right now. All the servers are usually full for me too and I get horrible lag even when it says 50 ping. Can't wait to play more once they keep updating and fixing stuff though.

Xyber

Is there any way to get this without a torrent? I want to play it on my lunch break at work but I don't want to install torrent software.

I'll throw the rar up at mega, should be done in a few minutes.

Edit: Scratch that. 10% in and mega just stopped working and refuses to upload my file anymore.

Xyber

So you can't change the resolution on this?

everytime I try and click "OK" it stays the same.

I had to change it like 3 times before it stayed. You can try editing GameUserSettings with this.

ResolutionSizeX=1920
ResolutionSizeY=1080

balohna

I'll throw the rar up at mega, should be done in a few minutes.

Edit: Scratch that. 10% in and mega just stopped working and refuses to upload my file anymore.

Appreciate it, but decided to bite the bullet and download torrent software at work. I'm not pirating anything so it should be fine.

Also, downloading an uploaded rar from someone on the internet is probably riskier. Not that I don't trust you.

Techies

Looks like the torrent indeed broken for now. There should be a new link available in the not too distant future of a newer version.

But he's asleep atm so will have to wait a bit.

If you join the IRC channel, and type in !uthelp
You can get direct links for now, but I suggest waiting for the new build.

I wish they would put this up on steam as is just because downloading new builds in their entirety is gonna make it impossible for me to play given my connection speeds. Oh well I can understand why they wouldn't.

Top Bottom