• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Nintendo working on a Remaster for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario Kart 8 released in May. Plus, they don't say Wii U; they say Nintendo will release a title every month - could mean with 3DS releases. Also, Nintendo released digital software during some of those "off months". Wii Sports was released at retail in July.

Mario Kart 8 was released on May 30th. For all intents and purposes, it was a June release. And I don't think a $39.99 HD remaster of Wii Sports is going to be moving any hardware. I feel sorry for people who don't own other consoles.

Mik317

I expect some Mario remake as it seems like the main franchise is getting a rest of sorts...also like Zelda would be a great workout for the "true" 3d Mario game team to get practice.

3bdelilah

Banned
For people hoping for a Majora's Mask HD, prepare for inevitable disappointment. :p They'd much sooner do an Ocarina of Time HD before they do Majora, because it'll sell more
and it's a better game.
But unfortunatly I don't think it's Ocarina HD, how much I'd want it to be.

Hopefully Super Mario 64 HD with updated Galaxy visuals, á la Super Mario Galaxy 2's (spoilers)
Throwback Galaxy

If it's Ocarina of Time I might buy a Wii U. I can't play that game again since it's like 20fps

Have you tried the 3DS remake? It's 30 fps and probably locked if I remember correctly. Definitely the best OOT at the moment, even though I'd much rather have an HD OOT.

And the N64 OOT and MM are 15-ish fps by the way, even a little less with explosions and throwing big rocks.

Krakn3Dfx

Mario Sunshine, Mario Sunshine, Mario Sunshine...

Fingers_crossed.gif

Weetrick

I would love a Skyward Sword HD remake.

I quit before the second temple because of the muddy graphics and wiimote controls. I actually enjoy the art style, but the Wii made it so blurry. If they could also somehow work out a non-motion control scheme I would be very excited.

Stulaw

Sunshine would have to be bundled with a GC controller wouldn't it? No other Wii U compatible controller has analogue triggers.

I don't really care what it turns out to be, I'd probably get it anyway.

I don't believe this for a second, so the rumor is probably fake. Nintendo promised that there would be no software droughts in 2014.

February: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
March: Nothing
April: Nothing
May: Nothing
June: Mario Kart 8
July: Nothing
August: Nothing
September: Hyrule Warriors

Here's what we know they probably have for next year:

1. Fatal Frame 5
2. Splatoon
3. Xenoblade
4. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
5. Yoshi's Woolly World
6. Devil's Third
7. Mario Maker
8. Mario Party

That's assuming Zelda and SMT x Fire Emblem aren't next year. Add in a remake and a couple of NES Remix or Dr. Luigi style eShop games, and it's easy for them to hit 12.

Kater

Banned
I would love a Skyward Sword HD remake.

I quit before the second temple because of the muddy graphics and wiimote controls. I actually enjoy the art style, but the Wii made it so blurry. If they could also somehow work out a non-motion control scheme I would be very excited.

Yeah, that would be sooo sweet.

Frolow

Banned

1. Fatal Frame 5
2. Splatoon
3. Xenoblade
5. Yoshi's Woolly World
6. Devil's Third
7. Mario Maker
8. Mario Party

That's assuming Zelda and SMT x Fire Emblem aren't next year. Add in a remake and a couple of NES Remix or Dr. Luigi style eShop games, and it's easy for them to hit 12.

Has Fatal Frame 5 even been confirmed for localization yet? I doubt they won't bring it over since the Wii U needs everything it can get, but still.

Ryoku

Majora's Mask in the art style of the Zelda HD Experience to build hype for the release of Zelda Wii U in the holidays.

Edit: I'm leaning more toward SMG/2 or Metroid Prime trilogy as being more likely as we have already had a Zelda remaster on the Wii U.

1. Fatal Frame 5
2. Splatoon
3. Xenoblade
5. Yoshi's Woolly World
6. Devil's Third
7. Mario Maker
8. Mario Party

Why are we assuming Zelda is not next year when that's the year they've given?

Davey Cakes

Mario Sunshine, Mario Sunshine, Mario Sunshine...

Fingers_crossed.gif
That game doesn't need a remaster. It needs a full-on remake that removes the filler that makes up half the game.

Then Nintendo has to nuke Worlds 3 and 7 from orbit.

I think a remaster of one of Nintendo's more niche properties would be sweet. F-Zero GX Remastered, for example. Though I bet people would prefer a new game.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I trust this rumor.
A remaster mean that a possible new episode would be delayed, so I hope no zelda tp nor xenoblade.
A galaxy hd remaster collection would be great.
A metroid prime trilogy with gamepad intdgration to announce the fourth episode even better

Assuming Majora's Mask OS in the works for 3DS, I vote Super Mario Sunshine. There are others I want more, but I fear Sunshine may get overlooked. =(

For people hoping for a Majora's Mask HD, prepare for inevitable disappointment. :p They'd much sooner do an Ocarina of Time HD before they do Majora, because it'll sell more
and it's a better game.
But unfortunatly I don't think it's Ocarina HD, how much I'd want it to be.

Obviously they'd do a OoT + MM HD combo, to coincide with the MM3D release.

But, in all seriousness, the most likely suspects (apart from OoT/MM):

- Twilight Princess and/or Skyward Sword
- Metroid Prime Trilogy (GamePad proof-of-concept & graphics update)
- Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 (to satiate the apparent disappointment among Mario fans that's evident from poor Mario sales)
- Super Mario 64 (see above)
- Some 3DS game (Kid Icarus?)
- Star Fox 64 (which I guess would technically qualify as the above)

phanphare

Banned
Mario Kart 8 was released on May 30th. For all intents and purposes, it was a June release. And I don't think a $39.99 HD remaster of Wii Sports is going to be moving any hardware. I feel sorry for people who don't own other consoles.

awww that's cute but no need to worry about me :)

Crayolan

I'm expecting Sunshine HD. Partially cause I really want it, and partially because it seems pretty likely.

It won't be a game they've already remastered, so no SM64/OoT/Metroid Prime Trilogy.

It probably also won't be a game you can already play on the Wii U, so no Galaxy/Xenoblade.

Gamecube games are the most likely candidates IMO.

After playing through and loving Wind Waker HD, I was going to do a playthrough of Twilight Princess.

Sounds like I should hold off for a little while longer..

Davey Cakes

Please be Mario Galaxy
Why? The game is still a thing of wonder. I mean, other than resolution it's perfect as is.

Plus we just had a 3D Mario game.

If Nintendo were to release an HD "remaster" that's basically just an up-res of some Wii game, and it'd have to be something Mario-related, I'd definitely want it to be Galaxy 1+2 in the same package.

That said, something more akin to Wind Waker HD would be the best. A Gamecube era game with a bunch of little improvements and extra features here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom