• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One September Update Preview

Krilekk

Banned
Part of me wonders if MS would have been better off making "xbox on" command "xbox turn on". I get its too similar to "xbox turn off" but given its basically just a toggle command would it matter if you could use either "xbox turn on" or "xbox turn off" to do the same thing? I say this because I feel like the added word might be helpful in wake up mode.

The voice recognition is so bad it could not understand the difference. They could of course interpret the command based on the current power state like they do with controlling the TV.

malfcn

I am not sure how the Leaderboard works.
I added Stallion83, yah the leader.

Is it a rolling 7 days or what? Because it has me number one in achievements. And I think the numbers change daily..so it must be daily on a rolling week.

I am not sure how the Leaderboard works.
I added Stallion83, yah the leader.

Is it a rolling 7 days or what? Because it has me number one in achievements. And I think the numbers change daily..so it must be daily on a rolling week.

It tracks Game Score earned in the last 30 days.

Cider X

I hope this fixes the hdmi in driver they botched up back in July. Watching tv on the xbox one is painful right now for many people due to the hdmi handshake failing. It requires the tv app to be restarted numerous times before it works.

golem

The Forza Horizon 2 B-roll and Master Chief Collection cinematic trailer look great through the media player!

furious

Banned
“Xbox On” in New Markets – Adding support for additional markets to use the “Xbox On” Kinect voice command to power on consoles: Australia, Canada (French), Italy, Spain, Mexico, and Brazil – a top used feature.

Hell. Yes.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
2GB? They have mostly been around 350MB. Don't spread nonsense.

He's not talking out of his ass. This is the second 2gb download I've had, and I've been equally miffed every time. I'm glad to hear you can opt out of the beta because it's become a nuisance when i turn my box on and have to update the os.

malfcn

It tracks Game Score earned in the last 30 days.

Huh, weird that I've earned more GS than him then.

He's not talking out of his ass. This is the second 2gb download I've had, and I've been equally miffed every time. I'm glad to hear you can opt out of the beta because it's become a nuisance when i turn my box on and have to update the os.

This patch may be 2GB. But every other patch I've had has been 300-350MB.

ryan299

Anybody having wifi problems after the update? I swear the wireless connection gets worse and worse after each update.

I was invited into the beta program months ago but never got an email from MS allowing me in. Is it certain regions only? Would love to get nearer that media player.

EDIT: If anyone minds trying again the GT is Extricate, thanks.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Need that friends tab!!! Really REALLY need the TV streaming to Smartglass. Media app for me will be amazing when it supports DLNA.

You know the streaming only works with the USB TV tuner they're gong to sell right? It doesn't stream your HDMI passthrough.

Anybody having wifi problems after the update? I swear the wireless connection gets worse and worse after each update.

I was getting some incredibly choppy lag, then I went wired and haven't had a problem. Not sure why that is because at most, my system is about 12' from the router, so I'd expect the wireless to be fine.

mike4001_

Yeah, 2GB every time I turn the damn thing on - the age of updates.

You only get 2 GB updates when you miss a wave.

Because then there is no incremental update for you and you have to download the whole factore image.

With 1409 its kind of different as they are running two versions parallel now, incremental is also not supported.

Gowans

Man now boot to TV is there I'm gona grab the remote and hook that puppy through the second I get the update.it will be nice as it will auto handle the turning in and off of my TV too through the it blaster.

Oh my, I'm loving this. The media player app not only has a "play all" option, but by simply flicking the left analog stick left or right, you also immediately move to the next movie or episode!

Leyasu

Banned
I ain't even got the august update yet..

Please, could someone invite me GT Van Winkel x

Anyway, what an update!!.. Get that preloading in, and we are good to go

One other thing to mention about the quick switch feature on the left analog stick: It seems to be time based. It seems to only be active within the first 15-20 seconds of whatever video you're watching. Then afterwards it doesn't allow you to do it.

Might require some adjustments, but perfect for people in situations where they only need to see the opening moments to realize whether or not they've already seen a particular episode.

In its current form, it may just be a small bug or oversight that's going to get assigned to the LB and RB buttons, but quite useful indeed.

No update yet here. :(

Open settings, press the home button on controller, press start button on controller, choose quit to close out settings app entirely, and then relaunch settings. I instantly got the update doing that.

The player is striking out on all my large mkv files so far. Hope it's just one of those beta things that will be worked out.

MKV support isn't enabled just yet I believe, so that's intentional. It will be enabled at some later point this fall.

malfcn

A funny thing about the September preview is..they haven't officially released the finalized August patch. The last 1408 update could be it, but it's not listed on the OS page yet.

Top Bottom