• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Themes coming to PS4 in System Software 2.0?

Danlord

The part in the OP for the podcast also mentions YouTube streaming. I didn't know this part was confirmed or mentioned before, live-broadcasting via YouTube like Twitch and uStream. This could mean that we can view these streams, and thus watch E3 2015 and others that are live-streamed like that directly through the PS4?

Sony had an E3 app but for NA users, so the rest of the world was stuck with alternatives. I downloaded the IGN app as backup, but I don't know how successful that was, or if it played the E3 live itself. I would really like Sony to allow all PS4 users to view their E3 via the Twitch app on the PS4 next year, makes it more convenient for us and there's even that official notification section I don't think has been used yet (as far as I can tell)

tusken77

It is some kind of problem with the audio player. I opened it with Firefox, could not hear it, then I opened it with IE (what opned the audio with WMP) and could not hear it either but it was in a COMPLETELY different part of the inverview. It may be somewhere there in the audio, but for some reason when I jump to 1:16:00 I'm listening to another part of the interview.

Just listened to it on iTunes. He says it at 1:16:47.

NICE.
iH8xjWrnZOMyR.gif

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Better be backwards compatible with PS3 themes. Or at the very least allow for custom ones.

Ya, I have a ton of PS3 themes and there is little technical reason to not allow them.

Pyccko

Well I I just hope we'll be able to use a static image as a wallpaper and not just full-monty theme packs. Been missing my Katherine wallpaper from my PS3 whenever I use the PS4.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
that one dollar sale of old games you hyped "as the best in PSN history"? lol

so it wasn't a step in the right direction? gamers have complained about consoles not embracing steam like sales. yea the list of games may have not been what YOU wanted but there is a lot of back door talks between 1st/ 3rd parties that have to go on first. its a step in the right direction...just give it time.

Marc

YES!!! Finally!

I have missed the brilliant customization of the PS3, XMB really is the greatest console OS ever, I find myself pining for it whenever I turn on my PS4 (so that is rarely).

Using the Killzone ISA theme, looks beautiful, hope there is something similar with better graphics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xisEWZSt3Nk

Throw in DLNA, pausing downloads and a few other things and we'll be cooking with gas.

SidShumanSCEA

Neo Member
Hi guys – Sid from the Blogcast here, just wanted to confirm that this was in error and the show has been corrected. Sorry for the mixup! We'll keep you posted on any news related to PS4 themes in the future.

Amir0x

Banned
Hi guys – Sid from the Blogcast here, just wanted to confirm that this was in error and the show has been corrected. Sorry for the mixup! We'll keep you posted on any news related to PS4 themes in the future.

Well now you guys know the demand is there and you can win a lot of easy goodwill by making it happen.

Wasn't this sorta confirmed in that fake folders thread for October?

or not lol

Whew! For a second it almost sounded like Sony was actually going to improve the PS4 OS! Good thing they cleared it up, don't wanna give anybody the wrong impression.

Drencrom

Hi Sid, can you tell the people at SCE to hurry up with these updates? The ability to pause downloads and the option to change the color of the background wave shouldn't be this hard to add, it's embarrassing.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

Humm, when it was mentioned a second voice chimed in and re-affirmed the themes. I'm guessing you guys are testing a FW with themes and were not supposed to spill the beans, lol.

Top Bottom