• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite space ship designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicer

Banned
j5A87PgM1aiEZ.jpg

Real answer

Colonial_viper_original-series.JPG

yamo

I love how the B-wing looks like two completely different ships depending how you look at it. I especially like it when viewed in a horizontal perspective.

OLab.jpg

Daingurse

I really liked the Cylon Basestars:

2qteq0g.jpg

Just fascinating to look at. I also quite like Star Destroyers, and the Normandy from Mass Effect.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
USS_Excelsior_stalls_outside_Spacedock_zps0c81c64b.jpg~original

Though the pic isn't from its proudest moment, it's a toss-up for me between the Excelsior class and the Galaxy class. And I definitely prefer the original Excelsior without the glued-on additions used for the Enterprise-B and Lakota.

As usual, I lean heavily on Warhammer 40k for all things Sci Fi. The Imperial Spacefleet is always so huge, gaudy, and ostentatious. I love how stupidly over the top everything is.

npPm3wy.jpg

The ships are filled with slaves who have had several generations born and raised on the same gun deck. They've never had a breath of fresh air or eaten food that wasn't recycled. They die by the dozens loading a single torpedo and no one cares.

4aDpVig.jpg

The ships just want to get close enough to hit the opponent with boarding torpedoes filled with hundreds of these guys:

pht7brG.jpg

Christine

Z33b8E0.jpg

The Explorers

Seriously, the whole bubble thing was cool as hell.

THANK YOU

I've been trying to remember the name of this movie or who was in it for decades.

Every time I've tried to describe what little I could remember of it everyone always guesses Flight of the Navigator

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Do Gundams count?

if we're talking normal spaceships, the Battlestar Galactica (new series) fighters and the main ship itself are really cool to me.

also, the Promethus ship is pretty cool.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Since there's been so many Star Wars ships posted, here's my fav:
The Y-Wing, workhorse of the Alliance.

Y-wing.jpg

Dogasse Giar class from Universal Century Gundam
General-revil-topside.jpg

Sleak, elegant, formidable. This thing is a beast.

What the federation lacks in cool mobile suit designs, they gain in awrsome ships

Nilaul

Quick question, shouldn't spaceships also be aerodynamic to minimize and potential drag? Not necessary from oxygen but from other gasses and particles?

Snakepit

Blah, fiction is so lame. Let's get some real space ships up in dis bitch! /semi sarcasm

Still my favourite, even for all of it's, admittedly many, shortcomings.
This. My first true love the space shuttles were so cool and looked so futuristic for something that came out in the 80's.

SuperStarDestroyer_5198343_lrg.jpg

All the star wars ships really, at least the originals, were great.

I also loved the star destroyers they were my favorite vehicle in the star wars series .

Tenrius

Okay, now I'm in dire need of some sort of media with spaceships in it. Might be a good time to start watching Babylon-5 or something.

Ugh, there's this spaceship on some album cover for some relatively recent artist... I can't remember the album name, but it's something like "in the lightest dark" or something... can't remember the artist.

It's got the album title in white serif-bold lettering, two lines with like a red stroke underneath the two lines, maybe. There's this spaceship hovering low over a planet's surface and there's no atmosphere, it's just space/stars in the background. The color's are vibrant, the planet surface is kinda yellow-orange. There's a spaceman walking toward the ship.

I like that spaceship

EDIT: It's also way, WAY fucking better than everything posted so far. It puts all of these ships to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom