• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

35 Minutes of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Daverid

I think i'll be playing this game for months.

I'm going to be jobless for the first time since turning 14 for the first 6 months of next year... And frankly I'm fucking glad. I'll be spending so much of that in The Witcher 3.

February 24th last time I checked. The same day The Witcher 3 comes out.

Maybe it wasn't Warner Bros decision, but I still don't know why they're doing this. Like The Order dropping on the 20th makes sense, that'll probably be a game you finish in a couple days. Arkham Knight and The Witcher 3 coming on literally the same day? Man just seems silly.
Although at this point it's still just rumors isn't it? So hopefully WB will make it at least a week later or earlier or something.

Damn, I forgot I was watching a 35min video. When it ended I was so goddamn disappointed (that it ended, not by what I have seen), I wanted more but I also don't want to be spoiled. Oh man, cannot wait for the day that pre-ordered Witcher 3 on Steam gets a "PLAY" button.

Loved the writing and the music, it makes everything so much better. The Ladies designs were pretty cool as well and going into or out of the swamps felt so... seamlessly.

After absolutely loving The Witcher and The Witcher 2 I can't imagine how much more I will enjoy this one.

The music is really the best thing about this game. Better than Witcher 2's music by far and even beats the first game's soundtrack. Fits the game so well.

Does anyone know what original track has been used to make the one playing at 25:36?

So far what I've found:
Ladies of the woods is Saga - Percival
Merchants of Novigrad is Eiforr - Percival
Sword of destiny is Sargon - Percival

Just listen to Percvial's soundtracks, there some really awesome ones in there. I hope they make it to the game aswell.
I just can't find the one that plays during 25:36

Daverid

Ciri's scar looks much more appropriate in game than it did in the cosplay style breakdown. More dimension to it.

Yea agreed, it looks really good in-game.

Looks a little larger, deeper and more appropriate then what we saw in some of the renders and other images of her.

I'm not one to sperg out over the heels, so I really, really love her design, practically perfect.

Denton

I'm going to be jobless for the first time since turning 14 for the first 6 months of next year... And frankly I'm fucking glad. I'll be spending so much of that in The Witcher 3.

I plan to take two weeks off for this game. I took one week for Witcher 2 and finished it just in time, two might not be enough, although I plan to play until my eyes bleed or something :)

Mmmm, the map is still something I dont understand well. I hope (and it looks so) its not the whole map what is shown, but they are things that he said that left me wondering.

Djikstra and Geralt talk about people seeing Ciri in Velen. Then he says his going to look for her in no mans land, deep in the south (the dev says the same thing), but then when you watch the map, if thats Velen, and supposedly it refers to Gors Velen, its really near to Novigrad, and just south there would have to be Brokilon forest, but thats not No Mans Land from the books, nor you can see Brookilon anywhere.

So from what I can see from studing the menu maps, this is in the Northern Kingdom map were supposedly this part of the game happens.
Detailed map
thewitchermapbigppei1.png
Loading Map
Witcher 1 northern kingdoms map (based on the map from the books).

Welp, after that I've seen everything about this game I've needed to see (not that I didn't already have it preordered).
Blackout starts....Now.

Tbone3336

Gold Member
Looks like you can switch signs in battle without a menu? I seem to recall having to access the sign menu and scroll down in 2 now it looks seamless and realtime.

Very much looking forward to this game.

leadbelly

Banned
I'll wait until there are more seeds.

People keep seeding, don't just close it once it has downloaded. Unless it is uploaded somewhere else.

ugoo18

Damm it, you win CD Projekt Red. Time to get The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition to replay and tide me over till this comes out.

Jb

There's just such a great sense of unknown and strangeness in the quest writing of the series. I'm never quite sure who's the most trustworthy and where a particular questline is going to end up, which is more than I can say about most RPGs.

Daverid

I plan to take two weeks off for this game. I took one week for Witcher 2 and finished it just in time, two might not be enough, although I plan to play until my eyes bleed or something :)

Even if you played like 15 hours a day, with ~100 Hours of content (Not including just random exploration and whatnot) that's at least a week.

If you really want to explore every nook and cranny... Just, holy shit. I'm honestly predicting my first playthrough taking at least 200 hours, probably even longer. I spent like 100 hours in my first RDR playthrough and I still didn't even get all the outfits or even complete all the side-quests, and that games only meant to be like 50 hours or something for completionist.

Altairre

Alright so apart from the micro-stuttering which I'm sure will not be in the final version it looks really, really good.

A few things still seem a bit iffy, I think there is a weird disparity in the quality of the faces and facial animation and the combat still appears to be the weak link. It looks better than in the previous game but some of the dodge moves are not as fluid as I'd like them to be and the pace is a bit frantic and not how I'd expect a Witcher to fight. I do hope the parry is still there.

That being said as someone who has read and very much enjoyed the books I understand that I'm probably hard to please and I still fully expect that Witcher 3 will blow every thing else out of the water next year.

So please keep it up the good work CD Projekt RED and take as much time as you need because as much as I want the game right now, it should be in the best possible state when it releases.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I like the dismemberment. It's always nice when your brutality is rewarded with something more than just a lifeless body.

MDSLKTR

I ended up watching the whole thing on my lunch break, if it keeps the same quality for 100 hours then god help us

Pyrrhus

It looks absolutely brilliant. I'm probably going to build an entirely new rig for it if it's at all possible.

Mmmm, the map is still something I dont understand well. I hope (and it looks so) its not the whole map what is shown, but they are things that he said that left me wondering.

Djikstra and Geralt talk about people seeing Ciri in Velen. Then he says his going to look for her in no mans land, deep in the south (the dev says the same thing), but then when you watch the map, if thats Velen, and supposedly it refers to Gors Velen, its really near to Novigrad, and just south there would have to be Brokilon forest, but thats not No Mans Land from the books, nor you can see Brookilon anywhere.

So from what I can see from studing the menu maps, this is in the Northern Kingdom map were supposedly this part of the game happens.
Detailed map

Loading Map

I can't figure it out either. This one here is supposed to be the Pontar, right?

Gors Velen isn't on the map then I think. So the Brokilon shouldn't be seen in that part of the map either.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
They said they'd put it up, and they did.

This was just what I needed since I'm in an annoyed mood right now.

Think I might even save this vid till when I get back home tonight.

Detailed map

Loading Map

Well, of course it doesn't follow the original geography closely, they have adapted it to their needs. Their needs is to have three areas: Novigrad and outskirts, Skellige Islands and Noman's Lands is a terrain the size of slightly bigger Skyrim, which really isn't that much in pure km2. It isn't "realistic".
Elder Scrolls are the same, reading the lore a province of the continent is supposed to be the size of France, and then when we can visit it in a game it's a 8x8km2 square.

As the commenter says, travelling on horse to No man's Land would meant a 15 minute journey, when in the books it's more like a 2 weeks journey. In theory it's around the Cintra area, if I remember right. And Skellige islands are set more apart.

Blim saves the day but 5Gb may be too rich for my works blood, lol. Will watch the Youtube version and download that glorious file when I get home and watch on the big screen.

So close (not really) but soooo close.

Top Bottom