• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HELP! What PS4 Headset Should I Buy?

Greenymac

If you have actually ever had a good set of mid to high end headphones then the sony gold wireless will sound like garbage. My trittons were dying and I tried the gold. In my opinion the sound was terrible. I bought a set of turtle beach px4s until tritton comes out with a solution for ps4. The px4s are mediocre at best and I think miles behind the trittons. I havent tried the astros, but my next headset purchase I will likely try them out. The trittons I had were the ax720 and they had great bass response and good throaty sound. Good for big heads, from experience. Not to mention the white ones you look a little like a stormtrooper.

Ashadur

Neo Member
I'd recommend the Astro A40s, very good, comfortable headsets, I have them on for 6+ hours without any discomfort and after a while you can't even tell their on your head. You can customize them to fit your gamestyle as well :p

Oscar

I'd recommend the Astro A40s, very good, comfortable headsets, I have them on for 6+ hours without any discomfort and after a while you can't even tell their on your head. You can customize them to fit your gamestyle as well :p

I'm still using my old A40's + Mixamp from 2009. Can't recommend them enough.

Paid $240ish back then, definitely got my money's worth. Will upgrade to whatever their next gen of headsets are as soon as these give out.

Jumping in with a related-ish question. I have the Golds and the mic quality is disappointing for Twitch streaming and such. Anyone know if it's possible to have the Golds playing audio while also recording using a separate USB mic plugging into the system?

unbias

41guGzIj-lL._SY300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GWU8FTK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$200 if you are a prime member. Most comfortable headset I've ever owned, and I have owned a lot of them. It helps that they sound amazing too. Just make sure you buy the adapter(mic and audio combiner) and they work with Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

stryke

How'd you two fix them? I have the Elites and they hurt the top of my so much after only 30 minutes of use I've gone back to using my Vita earbuds, which are fantastic though.

Well I used the glue to fill in the cracks in the vulnerable areas. I used a lot to sort of reinforce them.

To make it a bit more comfortable I bought these to put around the headband -

coastel

Anything besides turtle beach px4.. I regret it to this day

I recently got these not bad but some small cracking can be heard at times not sure why.They will do till a proper pair of next gen ones come out. Would rather the A40s but didn't wanna spend to much if I intend to replace anyway.

Hasney

I love the Pulse Elites, but I find them oddly comfortable. Not sure if I have a big head or not really, so maybe the Golds are best for big head people like yourself?

Finally. Someone else gives the new dog some props.

I love my HyperX Clouds. Got them off Amazon for $79 plus shipping.

There are reviews all over the net and almost every single one is a positive. The only reason I'd pick Sony's over these would be
1) Wireless
2) Game profiles

The clouds are comfortable have good/very good sound for the price, and the Mic is better than the Gold.

If you can deal with plugging a wire into your DS4 and the cable being long, Kingston's first headset is a win imo.

Completely understand and agree. I particularly like these because they work with everything.

Definitely solid for the price.

repeater

After reading this thread, I'm thinking about getting a Gold headset myself. Have I got this right: if you use it on PS4 or PC, you can go wireless, whereas on Vita you'll have to wire it? Could I use the same wire to plug the headset into my 3DS?

Top Bottom