• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Still on #TeamFake, but I can definitely see the cases put up by #TeamReal, & will humbly eat crow if it's real.

That's one of reasons why I used that title.

Duck Dynasty = nutty family = SmashGAF
Duck = Duck Hunt Dog
Leak = shitload of leaks for next few weeks

I find that rather

Farfetchd.gif

The leak will be proven fake or real any day now, but at the latest 3 weeks from now. Just be patient.

The only ones who should be ashamed are not the ones on #TeamReal if it's fake, or not the ones on #TeamFake if it's real, but the ones who are insulting other members for believing it's real or fake. The ones claiming it's OBVIOUSLY fake will be the ones I can not wait to see eat crow at this point. And yes, saying it's OBVIOUSLY fake is a form of insult to people who think it may be real. I hope it's real just to shame all of you, and for no other reason.
Yeah, I don't understand why people have to keep having a pissing match about how sure they are of their side. Let's just wait and see. For an example of how to state your option:

Still #TeamFake, but I'm perfectly contempt with eating crow if I must.
Not that you have to like the results of the leak, but if someone believes it or not, who cares? There's not a definitive right or wrong here.

So i'm guessing all those pictures from /v/ pushed us into another thread already, huh?

I'm assuming they were all fake, but did anyone go ahead and prove it?

Murrah

Banned
Missed all the fun with the leak yesterday. Just wanna throw my hat into Team (Incredibly Well Done) Fake, but I'd be pretty happy with that roster if true. Would definitely make up for my crushing disappointment of the last few reveals from Brawl all those years ago

Please Duck Hunt Dog...please...

sEVHsnA.png

Somebody please explain why the random box blatantly clips the bottom half of the screen. One explanation I've heard is that the box enlarges when you hover over it, BUT THE 3DS IS A DUAL SCREENED PIECE OF HARDWARE. It clips a piece of graphic that is supposed to be on an entirely different screen.

The leak will be proven fake or real any day now, but at the latest 3 weeks from now. Just be patient.

The only ones who should be ashamed are not the ones on #TeamReal if it's fake, or not the ones on #TeamFake if it's real, but the ones who are insulting other members for believing it's real or fake. The ones claiming it's OBVIOUSLY fake will be the ones I can not wait to see eat crow at this point. And yes, saying it's OBVIOUSLY fake is a form of insult to people who think it may be real. I hope it's real just to shame all of you, and for no other reason.

Such an amazing, incredibly on-point post so early in this thread! This bodes well for Thread 13. :)

georly

To be fair, the majority seems to be just be teasing. There's only a handful of people from the last thread who I considered to be hostile about the whole thing.

I'm ok with the teasing ones, i'm not ok with the hostile ones. In my mind, it's a knee-jerk reaction to being disappointed by the 'leaked roster,' and they're taking out that disappointment on other members. I'm sure they'll deny that, but it's how it makes them look.

If they secretly didn't think there's a chance it's real, they wouldn't be flipping out like that. They're hoping/bargaining that it's not real.

Such an amazing, incredibly on-point post so early in this thread! This bodes well for Thread 13. :)

My thanks to you!

Hatchtag

Banned
So i'm guessing all those pictures from /v/ pushed us into another thread already, huh?

I'm assuming they were all fake, but did anyone go ahead and prove it?

Unless we somehow see strong video evidence, we'll have to see more info from an official source that matches up with this in order to prove it. However, there's been very, very little evidence against the leak that doesn't have a plausable argument as to why that evidence doesn't deconfirm it. So it hasn't really been disproved either.

As someone who is basically undecided, yeah, these people really bug me. If it really was that obvious, this wouldn't have gone anywhere.

Why would he not just be called Duck Hunter? This is getting me more pissed off than it should. Duck Hunt? Duck Hunt Dog? Dog & Ducks? C'mon. Duck Hunter. Duck Hunter.

Because stages > characters. ;)

And it shouldn't be like that for me! But yet here I am.

Quoting from the previous thread...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. If the leak is real, the stage selection is by far the most disappointing thing about it. It's just absolutely rancid. Four (four!) new Mario stages, a new F-Zero stage, a new Mother stage... but zero new Metroid, Donkey Kong, or Star Fox? Fewer total new stages than Melee added. Fuck off. If true, then the decision to split the stage roster between the two versions was a terrible one.

I'm okay with Pikmin and Xenoblade on the grounds that they don't have handheld games (and I'm assuming they just pulled the Xenoblade stage from the Wii U version), but the three you listed would be beyond disappointing considering their handheld history. I was really looking forward in particular to seeing what they'd do with SF643D and now it'll be potentially...nothing. :/

Nothing new for Yoshi or WarioWare would be bad, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom