• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre Order Bonuses have gotten crazy.

glaurung

Looking at those fucking stupid pre-order footballs and Walmart editions makes me thing. What if these things become really desirable one day - once Assassin's Creed has through some satanic black magic attained the same level of popularity as Final Fantasy had once?

unbias

The sad part isnt the pre-order DLC like this, it's the fact that pre-order DLC like that actually works(assuming it does, since I dont have the numbers) on people. Speedy pants with a game that has a crapton of customizability... Ya, that should NOT be a selling point, but apparently people at Ubi think this works.

Looking at those fucking stupid pre-order footballs and Walmart editions makes me thing. What if these things become really desirable one day - once Assassin's Creed has through some satanic black magic attained the same level of popularity as Final Fantasy had once?

You have no idea how much AC merchandise exists in this world then. There is in fact a lot of heavily desirable AC merchandise but stuff like this will never be worth that much simply because of how much other better collectibles do in fact exist

Recall

Is Assassins Creed the largest franchise in regards to how many games make up its entire series in such a small period of time? They seem to sell well consistently too, quite a feat.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Wow, one "exclusive" pants over 200 custom parts for you character.
Ignore that, also ignore the fact that we can upgrade each and every one of those parts. No logic, we must be outraged. >.>

Caayn

CKWUNUU.jpg

This is still my favorite. Seeing "WALMART EDITION" proudly printed on the cover gets me every time.
Seeing that makes me instantly put it back on the shelf and go to a different store to buy it.

Phamit

Do you also need to create a Brotherhood to get all preorder DLC?

Because they had Pre-Order manuals at Gamestops. you only got the pants when atleast two persons in the Brotherhood have a pre-order code

Only a matter of time before being a Access member who preordered the Day Zero edition allows you to unlock the super secret alternate ending.

pottuvoi

Banned
So, what is the size of those pants?

Certainly sounds more like the Bullet Girls pre-order bonus though..
Panties for pre-orderers, character to which those belong is exclusive for each country..

dreamfall

Baha, came in expecting Ubisoft preorder bonuses, did not leave empty handed.

I was just thinking about pants, and this gem came up! It's late y'all, apologies.

2.jpg

Coolwhip

Banned
I really wonder which suckers fall for this crap. Is it really enough to make it worth the effort for the publishers?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

JNA

Banned
To me, the worst kind of pre order bonuses are the ones where they are retail store exclusives.

I'm looking at you Batman Arkham City! :(

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Admit it, you're just jealous of those fancy pants. You pants peasant.
At least they are not "iconic pants" like apparently everything else in Ubisoft's games

drew713

It's things like this that make me hate the DLC trend. I remember pre-ordering Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence and getting a DVD that chronicled the series. Now we get digital pants.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Be very wary the more money the company wants you to spend before you or anyone else has played the actual damn game. Preorder incentives, season passes, all that bullshit exists just to hedge their risks on the actual quality of the game

Except for like preorders for niche import games where they play a different more important role

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Sounds like what Kojima jokingly said he would do for Silent Hills, only those were real spare pants for changing when you shat your own.

Top Bottom