• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS: New Characters Video LEAKED! (SPOILERS)

MLH

Damn, I was #TeamFake but it's pretty damn hard to fake a video like that - I'll be over here eating crow...

Mariolee

Wait, so why is the character select screen uncategorized and organized like previous games? Like Lucina is miles away from the Fire Emblem characters, etc?

Macka

Yeah, that sucks.

We lose Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake and Lucas, don't get Mewtwo or Ridley and Sakurai was still lazy enough to keep Ganondorf a clone.

Meh.

Metal B

I really hope, the DLC-Leak is also real and that there will be more stages. The stage-list is very disappointing and cutting Ice Climbers would be also tragic. But since the other leak with Shulk should be real now (if Chrom was changed to be a Final Smash only), there is a chance the DLC-Leak could also be real. But only if there isn't Mewtwo in the game, otherwise there isn't enough space for another character in the roster-menu.

But Bowser Jr. and Shulk look great and Duck Hunt Dog is a real good surprise.

Mariolee

FUCK, I'M AT MY JOB AND I CAN'T SEE SHIT! D:

More importantly:

Vj4qHt0.png

DICKS WILL BE SHULKED.

emb

Well, I really wanted it to be fake. But it was definitely disappointing enough to be real.

Shulk hype! I hope Shulk is ridiculously broken good, but it doesn't really look like it. So far he looks like a bad Marth. Hard to say at all though until I know what's going on with his mechanics though.

And I'm liking that Ganon's jab seems to have more range!

RIPIP in peace Mewtwo. i crie evertim

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Remember: according to the leak, bowser jr has the koopa kids as alts

Canti

This just makes the wait all the harder. Bowser jnr. looks great.

The DLC will probably be correct then. Snake to return?! D:

Weiss

Banned
Bowser Jr, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit.

Ganon looks like a clone again and DLC rumors were true.

This is pretty disappointing. At least Shulk made it in.

Eolz

If the DLC leak is also real, I guess I'm ok with it.
Still a bit mad about no Ridley though, hope he'll be in 5, he deserves it.

Porcile

Well lots of copycat characters already in the game so i wouldn't be surprised if this is indeed real.

No it's real, for sure. Just expressing my disappointment at the inclusion of one of Nintendo's lamest characters in Bowser Jr. and like you say, a big batch of clones.

Why are Dark Pit and Dr. Mario actual characters over just costumes? :( I would've preferred keeping Ice Climbers to both characters. Duck Hunt is neat at the very least.

NotLiquid

who are the supposed dlc characters again?

DLC post was fake apparently.

More likely that all characters aren't unlocked and even that is dubious.

Why are Dark Pit and Dr. Mario actual characters over just costumes? :( I would've preferred keeping Ice Climbers to both characters. Duck Hunt is neat at the very least.

According to Sakurai, if an alt has any different attributes to their attacks, they get their own slot. They're zero effort inclusions.

beril

No matter how much proof that the leaks are real I just can't believe Chorus Kids being playable until I see it officially announced. It's too weird and awesome to be real

If the DLC leak is also real, I guess I'm ok with it.
Still a bit mad about no Ridley though, hope he'll be in 5, he deserves it.

Wasn't it said that he's gonna be DLC?

No it's real, for sure. Just expressing my disappointment at the inclusion of one of Nintendo's lamest characters in Bowser Jr. and like you say, a big batch of clones.

He looks unique, plus his alts are gonna be awesome.

While I like the Shulk is playable, Bowser Jr. just looked weird to play in those videos. We will probably have these characters officially announced soon though.

I hope they don't mess up the possible DLC. If all it is is 5 or so characters (with most being veterans) it shouldn't be too expensive. In the base game we get 50 or so characters, along with all the modes, stages, music, and collectibles for $60. 5 DLC characters should be $6 just going by the character numbers in the base game.

Revven

Wait, so why is the character select screen uncategorized and organized like previous games? Like Lucina is miles away from the Fire Emblem characters, etc?

They are last minute additions and therefore they are theorized to be placed at the end of the CSS to denote this. They are all assumed to originally be alternate costumes promoted to full characters to beef up the roster.

Also, if you try to place them next to their franchises they mess up some of the CSS. That's what I've read, anyway.

There's also the theory because All-Star Mode was locked in this footage reel that it means there's more characters (there's an image of a lock that was posted that's part of the set of pictures that leaked) -- All-Star Mode doesn't unlock unless you have everybody unlocked (at least that's how it was in the previous games). So it's possible the CSS could become cleaner if this isn't the full roster.

However... if it is the full roster then Sakurai does what he wants with his CSS. It doesn't need to look clean (Melee is evidence of that already).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Another Smash Bros game, another opportunity for Ridley to be left out.

I'm probably alone in this opinion but I feel like the newcomers in this roster are disappointing. Shulk and Lucina are the only two that are interesting to me and one of them is just a gimped clone of an already nerfed character.

RIP Ice Climbers and Wolf.

Top Bottom