• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky to feature music by Porter Robinson.

Adry9

sa0SAUZ.png

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/505490789934596097

I think both match together pretty well, can't wait!

ElTopo

Banned
I don't know why, but I think Philip Glass would have been perfect. But maybe he's too expensive to afford or he turns his nose up at video games?

Thread title seems a little presumptuous, no?

Either way I hope this does come to fruition. They'd fit well. Maybe the spaceship can have a built-in stereo.

SJRB

Gold Member
Thread title needs a "possibly", I guess. These twitter messages are not a confirmation in the slightest, even though it seems to be on a roll.

Pretty cool.

Amir0x

Banned
Will it take billions of years to listen to one second of every piece of music in this game?

man the music isn't procedurally generated!

although what would procedurally generated music sound like exactly? lol

But yeah the topic title should be adjusted to "porter robinson and no man's sky devs in talks to have porter's music in game" or some shit.

Adry9

Jumping the gun here.

Thread title needs a "possibly", I guess. These twitter messages are not a confirmation in the slightest, even though it seems to be on a roll.

Pretty cool.

Thread title seems a little presumptuous, no?

Either way I hope this does come to fruition. They'd fit well. Maybe the spaceship can have a built-in stereo.

If Porter is willing I highly doubt Hello Games are going to turn down an oportunity like that.

Not a confirmation of any actual collaboration yet. There's still hope I won't have to listen to fucking Porter Robinson while playing this game.

man the music isn't procedurally generated!

although what would procedurally generated music sound like exactly? lol

But yeah the topic title should be adjusted to "porter robinson and no man's sky devs in talks to have porter's music in game" or some shit.

Not to derail, but there is a well-known figure in procedurally generated audio who is working on No Man's Sky. For the life of me I can't remember his name, though I watched an hour long video of a speech he gave on procedurally generated audio in which he confirmed he's working with Hello Games on No Man's Sky, but wouldn't elaborate. Anyone else got me on this?

Dalmascus

I just recently found out who this guy is,"because of youtube comments of a rev3games video. Apparently nick Robinson is his younger brother.

BigDug13

I'm really tired of hearing things about this game. Can I please throw money at someone to have the game in my system already?!?!?

BGMNTS

Did they mention how they were going to test a near infinite environment yet? Haven't followed this game much really.

Kinyou

If Porter is willing I highly doubt Hello Games are going to turn down an oportunity like that.
There could just be budget or schedule problems. Or maybe some other artist makes something that Hello Games likes even more for the game.

petghost

Banned
I don't know why, but I think Philip Glass would have been perfect. But maybe he's too expensive to afford or he turns his nose up at video games?

yeah that would've been amazing. like this sounds space explore-y as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-7I0Tsp-cg

but yeah im sure commissioning him to write an original score for this game would be incredibly expensive.

dno about porter robinson just figured he was a cheesy edm guy.

Did they mention how they were going to test a near infinite environment yet? Haven't followed this game much really.

Get this - they coded 'robot cameras' to fly to planets, record short videos, and then display them. So the devs can view what their maths are creating. Seriously.

Amir0x

Banned
Not to derail, but there is a well-known figure in procedurally generated audio who is working on No Man's Sky. For the life of me I can't remember his name, though I watched an hour long video of a speech he gave on procedurally generated audio in which he confirmed he's working with Hello Games on No Man's Sky, but wouldn't elaborate. Anyone else got me on this?

anyone got links to some decent procedurally generated music? I honestly didn't even know that was a thing. I'd love to learn more.

Edit: lol and just as I post this someone posts a link

bigkrev

I know we are just at the "Senpai noticed" stage of this, but man, this is one way to get me even more excited about this game.

Porter Robinson.... No Man's Sky...

As an electronic dance/trance/cosmos/space/Carl Sagan enthusiast....

KB2Bg4i.gif

I need to cool my excitement for this game. I've been watching the new COSMOS with Neil deGrasse Tyson and I want to see everything (that has to do with time, space, and life) in the game. That's just asking for too much.

Kinyou

Hell yes, this would be perfect.
Not like I wasn't gonna already listen to his new album while playing this though c;
Sony just needs to add the feature that you can play music from your ps4 while playing. Then me and Lady Gaga can discover the universe together.

BGMNTS

Get this - they coded 'robot cameras' to fly to planets, record short videos, and then display them. So the devs can view what their maths are creating. Seriously.

Fuck off that sounds like science fiction stuff!! :D

AAA devs, hang your heads in shame. Thats incredible.

Top Bottom