• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extra content from Fantasy Life Link will be released in US/EU as Day 1 DLC

Meffer

I suggest you don't skip it. It really is a great game. I was able to try it a little bit when I saw a friend of mine (japanese version of course) and it's as good as I thought it would be.

ohlawd

It will not be a problem if they release this dlc later.

i'll play along.

do you mean there'd be no complaints if Nintendo decided to withhold the cut content until a later date because it might mitigate the day 1 DLC issue?

iunno about that. depends on the pricing and when they're planning on releasing it then, right?

Velcro Fly

I'm still day 1 buying the game. And if I like the game enough I'll buy the DLC. It's a little disappointing but I'm just happy to get the game. If buying the DLC eventually makes me part of the problem then oh well.

Kinsei

Banned
That's super shitty. Imagine if Capcom released Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and then we found out that you had to pay extra for G rank.

I was going to pick this up, but now I'm not so sure.

I have this pre-ordered with a 30% discount, but I am not going to be playing it anytime near the release date. Instead, I will be playing it near January. Now, I am likely to just cancel my pre-order and buy it when it is cheaper than my 30% discount.

Meffer

I'm still day 1 buying the game. And if I like the game enough I'll buy the DLC. It's a little disappointing but I'm just happy to get the game. If buying the DLC eventually makes me part of the problem then oh well.

Awesome, we'll have to do online sometime with it when it comes out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This wouldn't be an issue if we got this in a timely manner.
But this is the same Nintendo that did release Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 when Professional had already come out in Japan.
Though unlike Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, at least we are getting access to this content, so that's something.

Still, this went from one of my most anticipated games, to me possibly skipping out on it.
I skipped out on Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 for this reason as well.

Actually that was a case of DQJ2 or nothing as they basically picked up SE's localization of Joker 2 off of their scrap heap (along with DQ VI) and they weren't going to go back and do Professional.

I hope people that are saying that they might skip the game now are actually gonna wait and see what the actual situation is, especially how much the DLC is.

Nintendo isn't handling this the best way, but it's not like you're paying for something that was free in the first place, and we're still getting the most important part of the Link upgrade bundled in with the game. (Multiplayer.)

It would be great if it all came together, but considering Nintendo's other DLC, I imagine the price will be reasonable. It would really suck for people to miss out on the game, and for it to potentially impact sales negatively because of this situation. Everything I've seen and heard about the game make it seem really incredible.

daydream

Banned
I think it's understandable from a business perspective why they might want to do something like this. But at the same time, it is also understandable why consumers don't have to be happy with it. This would be a non-issue if the game was localized and released in a timely manner and then followed up by the expansion. It is an issue now because when people wait years for companies to get their act together to localize stuff, they expect the most complete package.

Basically my stance on this.

Day 1 DLC might play a big role in why the West is getting Fantasy Life in the first place, who knows. At the same time, this doesn't make this acceptable from a consumer perspective, especially considering the delay. At least the most important element of the Link! expansion, online mode, is included in the base game, so that's a ray of light.

Still super excited for the game, though, obviously. Day 1 purchase for me, including the DLC. Hopie the game will find an active player base on GAF.

GeoMarine

Neo Member
I don't like this one bit. I'll still buy the game but won't be getting the DLC.

They made an active choice to screw over customers, not cool.

Tuulenpoika

Neo Member
I think this sucks mainly because they stated earlier that the version published in US and Europe is based on the Link version of the game, and now we find out that the additional game content that was supposed to be part of that Link version is being sold as DLC.

Not going to cancel my pre-order or anything, this is one of my most anticipated games of the year and still going to get it Day One, but still, a thing like this so close to the launch definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. Not going to buy the DLC, at least at launch.

Top Bottom