• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow Of Despair coming to PS4

meppi

Epp0433.jpg

Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow Of Despair for PS4 releasing sometimes in 2015.

Not much information if known at this point, but here's a teaser trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbxuEw-kM-w&hd=1

Looks like it will be a direct continuation of EDF4/EDF2025, but wether it will be a remake with additional levels and content or a brand new game is up in the air.

Couldn't find a topic on this for some reason, but I'm sure at least a dozen people on GAF care about this!
If not, feed me to the bugs!
just not to the spiders...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The prospect of playing an EDF with a half decent framerate genuinely excites me. Here's hoping.

Saganator

Finally get to play an EDF game! I'm definitely going to get this. 2015 shaping up to be a good year for games, at least for me.

First thing that came to my mind after seeing the final drawing:

AKU.png

I wonder how much content this is going to add. It'd be nice if it included the dlc.

Edit: Just remembered they removed the genocide guns originally due to framerate issues.

The prospect of playing an EDF with a half decent framerate genuinely excites me. Here's hoping.

Only played the first two levels of EDF2025 on 360, but I found the framerate to be pretty decent actually.
Hell, even 2017 on Vita runs better than it honestly should.

Camjo-Z

o snap

I tried to play 2025 on PS3 despite warnings from other GAFers, but in the end the framerate was just too horrible to bother with. (Slowdown is one thing, moving in slow motion even when nothing is happening is another!) Hopefully this one runs better!

Busty

Banned
I have to say that panning across the children's pictures was pretty inspired. Is that from something else?

Either way......,
I'll probably end up stealing it for something else.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Only played the first two levels of EDF2025 on 360, but I found the framerate to be pretty decent actually.
Hell, even 2017 on Vita runs better than it honestly should.

PS3 version of 2025 straight up drops to 0fps at certain points. It's amusing in a certain way.

I was very happy with EDF 2025, and yes, I would pay for an upgraded port. Better load times alone would greatly improve the game.

Nice to see that a year after the reveal of the game, we're still only getting split second snippets of gameplay for what seems to be a port.

meppi

PS3 version of 2025 straight up drops to 0fps at certain points. It's amusing in a certain way.

Well so does BF4 on PS4 and no that's no hyperbole. Certainly not when you get 1 frame every 2 seconds at times. lol
Sadly, it's not very amusing in that game. ;)

I know I'm in an extremely small minority, but this game by itself justifies my PS4 purchase. :)
I'm not even gonna try and wait for a EU release this time and just order it the day it comes out in Japan. Last time I was contemplating waiting for a while and ended up getting it on release anyway.
I'll just double dip when it gets localised. Same as with EDF V2.

I was very happy with EDF 2025, and yes, I would pay for an upgraded port. Better load times alone would greatly improve the game.

Same here. The load times were my biggest problems with EDF4/2025.

KingJolly

Banned
Well so does BF4 on PS4 and no that's no hyperbole. Certainly not when you get 1 frame every 2 seconds at times. lol
Sadly, it's not very amusing in that game. ;)

I know I'm in an extremely small minority, but this game by itself justifies my PS4 purchase. :)
I'm not even gonna try and wait for a EU release this time and just order it the day it comes out in Japan. Last time I was contemplating waiting for a while and ended up getting it on release anyway.
I'll just double dip when it gets localised. Same as with EDF V2.

That has only happened to me once unlike EDF that drops all the time.

But the idea of playing an EDF game with a decent framerate sounds great.

meppi

That has only happened to me once unlike EDF that drops all the time.

But the idea of playing an EDF game with a decent framerate sounds great.

Yeah, it doesn't happen every day, but I've come across it a lot. Depends on the maps I think as well as how crazy a battle can get.
I can forgive it easily in EDF since the team is so small and these games are made with a shoestring budget.

Mupod

I never got around to buying 2025, because I wouldn't have had time to play it. But for this, I will make time. Although I need a PS4 first.

ArchAngel

Even more missions would be hardcore. tbh I thought even 2025 had too many of them. 50 would be more than enough for me ^^

Would buy again :D

Even more missions would be hardcore. tbh I thought even 2025 had too many of them. 50 would be more than enough for me ^^

Would buy again :D

EDF 2025 had way too much filler. You'd have two or three epic missions and then return to fighting nothing but drones and a few ants for 2 missions in a row. Needs more new enemies as well, 2025 was lacking in that regard.

Venfayth

Yeah the 360 version played well and was tons of fun. I hope they can find a happy medium between having a ridiculous number of bugs and good performance.

UrbanRats

More EDF is great, but is this just a port of 2025? I guess the game could always use more horse power, and i hope they use it to push the craziness to new limits.

I hope they somehow let us transfer our save data. Grinding weapons and armor for the same game(if that's what it is, and .1 implies that) would be no fun at all.

manzo

EDF is supposed to run like dogshit. It's awesome when shit is blowing up around you and the framerate plummets.

EDF is supposed to run like dogshit. It's awesome when shit is blowing up around you and the framerate plummets.

I truly believe the games would be just as fun if they actually ran at something north of 20 FPS average. It's about the scale, crazy amounts of enemies, and destruction. Such things become even more impressive when you can appreciate them without chugging.

I''ll wait for more news before getting exciting, but it is pleasing to have a new EDF announced for the PS4.

Hope it makes it over here.

Top Bottom