• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radamel Falcao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe United should try hgh, it's no wonder their players stops performing after a month or two, if they don't even give their players the right supplements.

Since when? That's noal.

liam-gallagher-man-city-home-shirt1.jpg

Maybe United should try hgh, it's no wonder their players stops performing after a month or two, if they don't even give their players the right supplements.

Only Giggsy used it, he now lives forever and apparently never sleeps

It's 12 am and he's still in the training complex fiddling with the Colombian

FrSDjWN.png

Messi

They hate each other because of the band they were in and when they were touring, Liam decided against something, I can't remember fully.

Was it not because liams dad was a city fan but noal wanted to be a united fan. I remember noal being in the camp nou in 99.

inky

Three new leftbacks, one winger that can't actually play in the wings thanks to the new formation and an injury prone striker to join the other injury prone striker and Shrek.

What a time to be a Red Devil.

Kikarian

Was it not because liams dad was a city fan but noal wanted to be a united fan. I remember noal being in the camp nou in 99.
There's an interview on it. About an hour before they were to go on stage they were arguing over musical differences (I think) and Liam ended up leaving.

I haven't heard it being because of one supporting United and the other City.

ghst

thanks for the laugh

if you safely arrived at a mid-table club with no european football just to put another wing on your lamborghini garage, you'd stop performing too.

There's an interview on it. About an hour before they were to go on stage they were arguing over musical differences (I think) and Liam ended up leaving.

Like most other pop artists that is probably a fabricated story, to make it sound more interesting, or because in some cases the truth is just too much for the public.

Not many know this, but the origins of spice girls is that they're all actually sir Alex Fergusons children. But no one wanted the truth out there, it was hidden away and not talked about.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't know anything about your Academy. I was asking for answers and got met with child stealing HGH jokes.

No, you said you remembered a time when Manchester United were better than buying a title, and what happened.

We spent so very little compared to the clubs around us, and on such little quality that we're just spending a fuckload in one season to make up the disparity. Valencia, Owen and Obertan the summer Ronaldo left with a net spend of -60m or something. It's only in the last year or two we've started spending like mad, and that's because we were short sighted and didn't do the work beforehand.

It just looks like we're buying our way to the title because we didn't spend so much before in comparison. That's wrong. We've always bought our way to the title. So did Blackburn. And Chelsea. And City.

And Madrid. And Barca. You think Barca would have kept Messi if they didn't give him the biggest basic wage in world football? Regardless of La Masia, the only reason they've got that academy and kept those players is because of money. I think the question you asked was naive.

Messi

No, you said you remembered a time when Manchester United were better than buying a title, and what happened.

We spent so very little compared to the clubs around us, and on such little quality that we're just spending a fuckload in one season to make up the disparity. Valencia, Owen and Obertan the summer Ronaldo left with a net spend of -60m or something. It's only in the last year or two we've started spending like mad, and that's because we were short sighted and didn't do the work beforehand.

It just looks like we're buying our way to the title because we didn't spend so much before in comparison. That's wrong. We've always bought our way to the title. So did Blackburn. And Chelsea. And City.

And Madrid. And Barca. You think Barca would have kept Messi if they didn't give him the biggest basic wage in world football? Regardless of La Masia, the only reason they've got that academy and kept those players is because of money. I think the question you asked was naive.

OK. Thank you for answering my question.

Meier

So nothing about football rivalry?
Noel is a massive City fan. They both are as are most people from Burnage (working class Manchester).

I don't know what Kikarian is talking about. There is no "official reason" per se. It's certainly not because Liam had laryngitis. They got in a massive bust up, Liam was drunk as fuck and smashed Noel's guitar (Liam claims it's the other way around) and Noel decided it wasn't worth it. He quit the band and then the band broke up.

Jimrpg

Hope United get relegated this season and do a leeds.

As an everton fan I used to dislike them but deeply respect them for the quality of play and now I don't even understand what they are doing. They've abandoned all the qualities that made them so great. Ferguson used to plan two or three years down the track. Chelsea and Man City will tell you you can't buy your way to a title, even they had to wait a few years for things to click. There's been absolutely zero thought into who their transfer target is and they are basically buying whoever is available. Fair play to them for getting falcao. But getting Daley Blind and Luke Shaw? Even if Blind plays def mid, didn't they just buy Fellaini last season? Mata? probably back on the bench if Di Maria starts.

But fuck it, I'm going to love watching Falcao play week in week out.

Nakho

lakers signed lebron

but they still kinda suck

Falcao is far from a Lebron. Don't really know any player like him in basketball. What do you call a player who is usually in the center and finalizing part of the offensive, but is also very skillful?

Drifters

Hope United get relegated this season and do a leeds.

As an everton fan I used to dislike them but deeply respect them for the quality of play and now I don't even understand what they are doing. They've abandoned all the qualities that made them so great. Ferguson used to plan two or three years down the track. Chelsea and Man City will tell you you can't buy your way to a title, even they had to wait a few years for things to click. There's been absolutely zero thought into who their transfer target is and they are basically buying whoever is available. Fair play to them for getting falcao. But getting Daley Blind and Luke Shaw? Even if Blind plays def mid, didn't they just buy Fellaini last season? Mata? probably back on the bench if Di Maria starts.

But fuck it, I'm going to love watching Falcao play week in week out.

Fellanni is fucked for even U21 games... He's never playing first team again at Man U. Mata can play in the 3-5-2 but the build up play must be a hybrid ticka taka.

Jimrpg

Fellanni is fucked for even U21 games... He's never playing first team again at Man U. Mata can play in the 3-5-2 but the build up play must be a hybrid ticka taka.

Fellaini was very good for Everton, but he was misused later on by David Moyes because Everton couldn't afford a striker so they just lumped it to the big afro and he got them 10 goals. He was good for Everton in midfield because he was a much better sight than Phil Neville.

I agree with you on Mata, when Mourinho came back it seemed he wanted a much faster tempo and he didn't cut it. Also it seems to me, in a 352 he doesn't have to track back as much as say a 4231 which Chelsea are using. So is van gaal using a 352, interesting as Man U have always had 4 at the back?

Meier

Can someone explain this thread by using an nba or NFL analogy?
There isn't really a great one since they signed him on loan. I wish sports in America would adopt the system.

United are traditionally the best team in their league but had a poor season and hired a new coach. Not off to a great start this season, but maybe he can help. He's a superstar coming off an ACL injury.

EPaul

I'm happy Man Utd got a world class player but the team seems a little top heavy RVP, Rooney, Falcao, Di Maria and Mata. They needed more defenders world class defenders

Can someone explain this thread by using an nba or NFL analogy?

Imagine if they Lakers had signed Melo this past offseason. For once they weren't the "it" team and bombed horribly and they made a panic move buying a pretty good offensive guy (for one year) to stay relevant even though their biggest problem was the had no center or people that play defense.

KingGondo

Banned
Imagine if they Lakers had signed Melo this past offseason. For once they weren't the "it" team and bombed horribly and they made a panic move buying a pretty good offensive guy (for one year) to stay relevant even though their biggest problem was the had no center or people that play defense.
This. Perfect analogy.

Drifters

Fellaini was very good for Everton, but he was misused later on by David Moyes because Everton couldn't afford a striker so they just lumped it to the big afro and he got them 10 goals. He was good for Everton in midfield because he was a much better sight than Phil Neville.

I agree with you on Mata, when Mourinho came back it seemed he wanted a much faster tempo and he didn't cut it. Also it seems to me, in a 352 he doesn't have to track back as much as say a 4231 which Chelsea are using. So is van gaal using a 352, interesting as Man U have always had 4 at the back?
The fellaini problem is he is not a Man U caliber player; he was good for Everton but doesn't fit the quality that Man U strives for.

That said, Mata can fit in if the passing and over lapping runs play to his player position advantage. If not, he's lost at sea. With Blind and Rojo, I feel good about the back line as Rojo will be screaming at his two backs to form their line.

United has enough fire power to win the league if their defense fails them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom