• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could discover the identity of any currently anonymous person

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man in the iron mask.
640px-La_masque_de_fer.jpg

Who the hell was this guy and what did he do to deserve it?

inm8num2

Zodiac killer.

edit - not current enough. I really can't think of anybody pther than Banksy, and I don't think I'd want to know that identity.

N4Us

Whoever was behind the Max Headroom incident. I think one guy claimed it was some weird art school students he knew but I just wanna know what their story is behind the whole thing.

Either that or 'JC Webster' from Coast To Coast

Einhander

I can't think of anyone famous who is anonymous.

Generally, the people I interact with on the internet I'd rather they stay anonymous.

ryan13ts

Zodiac or DB Cooper. It pains me to know that as the years keep passing by, it's getting more and more unlikely that we'll ever find out who they were.

zeemumu

Whoever leaked the Smash Bros info. Give him to Sakurai in exchange for Ridley or Mewtwo getting a roster spot.

Breakage

Who's actually alive, famous and still anonymous in 2014?

I'm struggling to think of anyone who ticks all 3 boxes.

MrGerbils

The dude that doxxed Phil Fish. I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I would love to let that pathetic fuck know how it feels.

Jack the Ripper and Zodiac.

I wouldn't tell anyone, though. I'd take the secrets to my grave!
lol nah j/k, I'd milk those cows for all they're worth

BadHand

Fascinating question. I would have to throw my weight behind Jack The Ripper too, particularly because I am a direct descendant of one of the suspects for the killings and would love to end the speculation.

Fritz

Fascinating question. I would have to throw my weight behind Jack The Ripper too, particularly because I am a direct descendant of one of the suspects for the killings and would love to end the speculation.

What's your guess?

BadHand

What's your guess?

Ah I couldn't possibly make a guess. I've flip-flopped between suspects but there's too much out there.

My relative is James Hardiman who I've read a fair bit about. Basically, he was a cat's meat man (purveyor of horse flesh) and Jack signed a letter off as "Joe the cat's meat man". The body of Annie Chapman was literally discovered by his brother and mother on his back doorstep on 29 Hanbury Street. He also killed his wife and kids off with syphilis which he caught from a prostitute (and this has been speculated to be a motive for the murders). Lovely.

He even made an appearance in Sherlock Holmes Versus Jack the Ripper where he was portrayed as a bit of a looney.

Icefrog is a good call. He really has that "reclusive genius" aura to him.

If I had my way, Brad Shoemaker would be the first to find out via a live streaming interview. So he's sitting and waiting, Icefrog shows up in a hood or something.

Brad pulls off the hood, it's Jeff Gerstmann

'IT WAS ME SHOEMAKER'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom