• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi's new game teased during MN9 panel at PAX?

There was already a thread for this but I think most people didn't even notice it.

So, during Mighty No. 9 panel at PAX you could grab one these weird flyers. Those pics, that description... this could really be IGA's new game.

https://twitter.com/jose_otero/statuses/506239615661907968

A mighty mystery involving flyers from the Keiji Inafune panel. What does this mean to you?

2skhMvu.jpg

CentroXer

Banned
I am really excited about this game. It will probably another metroidvania without the castlevania name. Kinda sucks that he had to leave Konami =/.

That tear in the middle makes no sense. The left and right pretty much line up except for where the game name + creator is in the text. There should've been more taken off the insides

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Who designed the Inafune fliers and why do they parody Die Hard GameFan so closely? (See the copyright text on the very bottom.)

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty funny and pretty accurate.

Anyway, I'm buying whatever IGA's selling.

Edit:

Some odd fine print they have there.

It's from a... famous GameFan passage.

Looks very Vania to me.. awesome.

Who designed the Inafune fliers and why do they parody Die Hard GameFan so closely? (See the copyright text on the very bottom.)

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty funny and pretty accurate.

Anyway, Im buying whatever IGA's selling.

Edit:

It's from a... famous GameFan passage.

Genius.

JDSN

Banned
At the very least it means Inafune can help IGA in setting up shop and how to get financial help. the guy is a good business man.

TreIII

Even as one of IGA's critics, consider me interested.

If nothing else, it'll be interesting to see what he crafts when he no longer has decades old Dracula X-era sprites to utilize for the umpteenth time! Not to mention what he'll have to do in order to stand out, since "Metroidvania-style" gameplay isn't exactly a unique thing among indie games, now.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Michiru Yamane on board for soundtrack. Or I will riot, yes, a one man riot.

so uh...where are we getting koji igarashi from this, again?

There are several hints. "Turn your world upside down" refers to Symphony of the Night. The bloody sigil is similar to the glyphs you had to draw in Dawn of Sorrow and killing enemies to gain their abilities has been a staple of the series since Aria of Sorrow on the GBA :p. Plus the art man.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Castlevania doesnt have medieval japanese temples, so its not Castlevania.

Of course it's not Castlevania, Konami has the rights for the series. But really, Aria of Sorrow starts in a Japanese temple and the main character is Japanese (unlike the translated version would have you believe).

Zaku

Hell yes.

It'll be interesting to see what he does with the formula when he doesn't have to keep bringing Castlevania elements into it.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
That tear in the middle makes no sense. The left and right pretty much line up except for where the game name + creator is in the text. There should've been more taken off the insides

maybe it's like those folds in the old MAD magazine that make sense in more way than one?

:p

Nicko

He hasn't hinted at anything on his FB page, other than visiting Bandai recently... Gosh, I sure hope this is true. Will buy every expensive version of this if true... I really miss true Metroidvania games....

"yeah, that is going to be the game on the Ultra 64."

What does that quote mean? Is it just supposed to be a joke line or something? Obviously, we all know that the Ultra 64 became renamed the Nintendo 64. Is this a hint at a console? Obviously not the n64, but is this a hint that the game is coming to Nintendo?

Top Bottom