• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

Toxi

Banned
PARTY TIL THE LEAKS START FLOWING IN

C311C61613EE23CB07C8271D1CFE3188.gif

I'm perfectly happy with the roster. I've long since accepted Ridley isn't playable, and none of the cut characters are ones I cared about or played. My most wanted Newcomer (Shulk) is in the game. I love most of the new comers, and I don't even mind Dark Pit or Dr. Mario. Only thing I'd really want is Ganondorf to become unique, but like Ridley I've accepted that it probably wouldn't happen for a long time so it didn't bother me too much when revealed

emb

Last thread actually went 25% faster than thread 10 (the one with the Robin aftermath). Still couldn't touch 13 though (the one where we discussed the leaked images and eventually videos).

Average posts per day:
10: 2000
13: 3333.333333333333333
14: 2500

RIP 'Leak is Real 2401', thread titles continue to be dumb stuff instead of fun nintendo jokes

PS roster is great, Dark Pit is a cool character from a good game, Duck Hunt Dog is amazing, looking forward to 24/7 Spectator Mode 3ds livestreams for SmashyBet

Timeaisis

Bahahaha that title. Nice one.

Poor Ice Climbers, though. :(

15 already, too. I feel like 13 was started just yesterday.

Berordn

I don't like playing as ice climbers at all, and to be honest, if they were never in Smash nobody would ever have cared about them anyways

Of course not. But they were in Smash and were unique. So their loss is now awful.

If Shulk was never in Smash, nobody would care about him either!

Molemitts

Probably been discussed in previous treads but what do you think are the chances of Splatoon Squids as DLC characters way down the line? I mean, if Nintendo is wanting to push Splatoon as a new IP it might be a good idea.

Not

Banned
And Snake.

And Wolf.

And Lucas.

And Squirtle.

And Ivysaur.

Squirtle and Ivysaur remind me of Pokemon Trainer.

Pokemon Trainer sucked.

Charizard was the best Pokemon.

You don't have to switch him out anymore.

Pokemon Trainer sucked.

Somehow, I'll cope with their loss.

Kouichi

Aside from the Ice Climbers cut, the roster is fantastic. Easily my favorite batch of newcomers out of all the games.

Tripon

BTW, when this thread was made, SmashGaf was on OT 5. We're currently in OT 15 and we're probably be in end of OT 16 when the US/Europe release comes.

Is it just me or does there seem to be very little hype for Smash Bros. 4?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783450&highlight=smash+hype
Might just be my imagination but whenever I go into the dojo thread, there appears to be very little excitement. Sure, when there's a new trailer or character revealed things change, but for the most part it appears to me like there's very little hype for SSB4 compared with SSBB.

Put it this way. When Sakurai had his daily updates for SSBB, you'd easily have 10 pages of discussion based on anything that he would post. Now? I casually entered the dojo thread the other day (in the day) to check out what was posted and I only had to go back a single page! Such a thing would never would have happened before.

As for myself, I'm in this really weird state at the moment. On the one hand, there's so many positive things that have been revealed that seem to make the game much more fun that SSBB (increased speed, removal of tripping, better brighter art style) and yet despite that...I'm still kinda meh at the moment.

Top Bottom