• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Smash Bros U PAL release month anticipated by amiibos' one?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Unlike the US pre-order on Amazon.com (that set the release date for amiibos just "within the year end") on the UK Nintendo Store you can see that amiibos will be available for PAL release starting from NOVEMBER.

We know that so far Nintendo stated the release date for amiibo "later this year, alongside Smash Bros for Wii U. Could this somehow anticipate us the month for the PAL release of the game?

store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo/villager-no.9/10993681.html
Villager No.9
Release Date: November 2014

amiibo_pressrelease_graphic_r2.jpg

NotLiquid

If it's a November release we're going to have to find out soon or Nintendo aren't going to be able to market the game properly.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Indeed, but all we've had was Holiday and Winter, the Winter causing people to insist that it is delayed to January/February.

yeah, that's the reason why I posted it.
considering also the delay of the 3Ds version, due to "complete the game before release" me too I was (still am?) scared about a possible delay into early 15 (even if the Captain Toad PAL delay somehow close the deal to me for a Smash 14 release)

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Please be true. Please don't delay my Smash to 2015.

Shauni

I was expecting November so I think this could be legit. People were worried it'd get delayed but I think they've been holding the date back so the attention would be focused on the 3DS version.

Jackano

I was thinking late November/first week of December.
So Nov 28th or Dec 5th.
Earlier will be a good surprise!

JoeM86

Probably November 28th.

My money is on November 21st. Worldwide launch for this one.

Plus, Nintendo of Europe has been rather averse to releasing multiple titles on the same day. Hell, it may be part of why Pokémon is delayed in Europe.

ZeroX03

Banned
Late November seems fair. Same time as SM3DW dropped last year, well timed for the holidays, Black Friday, etc. It would basically put it two months after the 3DS version so they'd be close but not too close to cannibalize sales.

I want more Amiibo characters though, Nintendo please.

If it's a November release we're going to have to find out soon or Nintendo aren't going to be able to market the game properly.
Europe doesn't have a Bayonetta 2 release date yet, just October.

I fully expect to have to wait for an amiibo direct to find out the date.

Sadly a delay to 2015 would make sense as that is when the IR adaptor for 3DS is coming out.

My money is on November 21st. Worldwide launch for this one.

Plus, Nintendo of Europe has been rather averse to releasing multiple titles on the same day. Hell, it may be part of why Pokémon is delayed in Europe.
They had an exact Smash date in mind since E3?

Europe doesn't have a Bayonetta 2 release date yet, just October.

I fully expect to have to wait for an amiibo direct to find out the date.

Sadly a delay to 2015 would make sense as that is when the IR adaptor for 3DS is coming out.

They had an exact Smash date in mind since E3?

Atleast we will know about Bayo 2 date tonight :lol

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Sadly a delay to 2015 would make sense as that is when the IR adaptor for 3DS is coming out

Wut?
amiibo will be available for Wii U FIRST, later (2015) for 3DS.
the UK store now states clearly November for the first wave of amiibos, while amazon.com in any case confimr within the end of the year.

Zomba13

Well to make it out this year it'll either be November or December since October is Smash 3DS month so it has a 50/50 chance of being right. Obviously Nintendo want Amiibos and Smash Wii U out before christmas so they can sell heaps of them for christmas.

I wonder if Amiibo's will be "region-locked". At $13 each in the US, it would be cheaper to import them, as that's around £7.91

LAA

I remember reading a rumour SSB Wii U would come with an amiibo... Hope Nintendo do that, I'm not so interested in Amiibo (And not even fond of the idea itself personally), so smart way to introduce people do it if they decide to do that.

Would probably like a Marth, Link and/or Samus amiibo, depending on how it is.

Zomba13

I wonder if Amiibo's will be "region-locked". At $13 each in the US, it would be cheaper to import them, as that's around £7.91

I'm quite disappointed with the price. I was expecting £9.99 but hoping for more like £7.99 and I know it's not much different really but I actually want to get a few of them for my shelf as they look nice and will have function but that few quid extra adds up.

Volotaire

There is no way Smash is releasing after December for any region given it would miss the Holiday season, Nintendo filling up the release schedule and the fact Captain Toad comes out in January in Europe.

Sadist

November would have been my guess as well.

But man, we still don't know anything about the modes available in the Wii U version.

Tenki

The price is so fucking high. £10.99 will surely become 12.99€ (or even worse, 13.99€) :(

Still getting a fuckton of them.

KHlover

Banned
Would make sense to get the game out in the US in time for Black Friday, so I'll go with Nov. 21 (BF is Nov.28, right?).

JoeM86

I'm thinking the same but nothing would surprise me with Nintendo anymore.

Precisely. They have no qualms about delaying something. It usually ends well for whatever was delayed...but you'd think they'd get better at meeting deadlines by now.

The way that many other developers meet deadlines is to put out the game, then patch it to hell after launch, such as with Battlefield 4.

I'd much rather a game is delayed than that buggy.

flohen95

Oh god please don't be November 28th. That day will be the end of me if Smash comes out then. 4 games that I want to buy upon release on one Friday. And Amiibos, too. ;_;

st_RIP-Wallet.jpg

Ozium

one would assume early to mid November to maximize those holiday sales, no?

both for amiibo and the game/console in general

Top Bottom