• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "Xbox Live Rewards" program going online today

Alx

I am kind of disappointed that they took away the bonus %off based on gamerscore since I finally got into the highest tier.

In a way I agree because it gave some use to the gamerscore. On the other hand, I managed to barely reach the 35K tier, and the next one (75K) seemed waaaay too far to bother before a long time. So at least it's one frustration less. :p

I guess people that buy physical versions instead of digital kinda get the shaft on the VIP thing. Would be nice if they would take a page from the Club Nintendo book and added in a way to register physical games that count toward your VIP status, even if it's at a reduced rate.

This is stupid. My stats are very far off as it started up anew. Apparently I've played 86 hours on my Xbox 360 :p

It's cool for One users, but incredibly useless for us 360 owners in terms of stats.

Edit: Oh, I see, it's over the last 30 days. Still wish it tracked total times.

jesu

This is a bit shit shit really, replacing the achievement rebate with MyVip won't net me as much points every month.
And I rarely play the games with gold games enough to get the 1000 points either.

I'm 3 star with about 62% to 4 star... I'm all digital though, I've purchased 6 full price games since launch and 3 smaller games...

You can also throw in a bunch of movie rentals and some bf4 and titanfall dlc in there too...

Sounds like you need to spend a lot to get to 5 stars...

Bsigg12

I'm 3 star with about 62% to 4 star... I'm all digital though, I've purchased 6 full price games since launch and 3 smaller games...

You can also throw in a bunch of movie rentals and some bf4 and titanfall dlc in there too...

Sounds like you need to spend a lot to get to 5 stars...

I think it's $150 a star if I read the site right.

ramparter

Banned
I love what MS is doing this gen
Quick example how much you can save on x1:

FIFA 15 is 69€ in Germany on Day One (89$ !!!)
- 30$ off because MS lets me use US Store where it is 59$
- 6$ off because of EA Access (only applies for EA games, but still)

I am at 53$ now BUT my friend and I are sharing our games, so divide that by 2
Basically I am paying 20€ now for a 70€ Game

And now MS gives me credit ON TOP of that.........

If you have a limited gaming budget like me, I guess X1 is the place to be
OK you got my attention, tell me more!

Alx

OK you got my attention, tell me more!

If you set your friend's console as your home console and vice versa, each game one of you buys can be played by both (provided the one who isn't on the owner's console is connected to the internet).

ryan299

Member for 7 years. Master level gamerscore and yet 0 stars. Guess I didn't spend enough money on their ripoff digital prices.

Pretty much same thing for me. I still have a ton of credit from that gamestop giveaway and have been using it. Doesn't county though.

Krilekk

Banned
Still so confusing. Why not just calculate the discount on the store page? Give me 8 % off of all purchases made on the store instead of paying full price and then getting the equivalent of those 8 % months later. VIP level 4, have bought 23 Xbox One games digitally so far. I'm 3 % towards 5 stars so that's probably wayyyyyyyy to go.

fernoca

I love what MS is doing this gen
Quick example how much you can save on x1:

FIFA 15 is 69€ in Germany on Day One (89$ !!!)
- 30$ off because MS lets me use US Store where it is 59$
- 6$ off because of EA Access (only applies for EA games, but still)

I am at 53$ now BUT my friend and I are sharing our games, so divide that by 2
Basically I am paying 20€ now for a 70€ Game

And now MS gives me credit ON TOP of that.........

If you have a limited gaming budget like me, I guess X1 is the place to be
Sorry if this sounds like a troll, on an Xbox-centric thread but...you can also do that on the PS4; heck even on PS3. Granted there's no EA access, but sharing games, purchasing games from an US account and Sony Rewards (in the US) are there.

In any case, been a member of Xbox Live Rewards since day one. Good program overall. Managed to get credit, avatar stuff and some discounts.

Currently..0 stars though. ;p

theDeeDubs

This needs an app. The rewards pages have always felt messy to me because it doesn't know if you have gold, and half the real estate seems to be spent on information like it's a FAQ and mixed in with your data. This needs a streamlined app/page with just your progress and punch cards etc. That being said, this will be a nice incentive for digital buyers, finally.

Anyone use Xbox Video for purchases? I use Vudu but might be open to switching.

*Edit- they should count Destiny preorders ;)

Alx

)

I would use it more if it had more movies with their original dub. :/ Right now it's mostly for TV shows, but it's ok. Not many decent alternatives in my area anyway.

jond76

Banned
This needs an app. The rewards pages have always felt messy to me because it doesn't know if you have gold, and half the real estate seems to be spent on information like it's a FAQ and mixed in with your data. This needs a streamlined app/page with just your progress and punch cards etc. That being said, this will be a nice incentive for digital buyers, finally.

*Edit- they should count Destiny preorders ;)

I'm Vudu but would seriously consider switching if Xbox Video joined Ultraviolet.

TURBO1112

I have bought every game I have digitally. And I have bought most of that have come out. Surprised Im only a level 3. Does using credit count towards this. I usually buy credit from Amazon and buy games that way.

Ade

I have bought every game I have digitally. And I have bought most of that have come out. Surprised Im only a level 3. Does using credit count towards this. I usually buy credit from Amazon and buy games that way.

5 stars from using purely prepaid credit, so buy more games I guess?

flkraven

So the 'big reveal' here is that gamerscore now has zero impact on Rewards since it is now entirely based on how much money you've spent on digital games? That's it? Very lame, especially as they have been somewhat hyping this 'New' change through their surveys and such.

RyudBoy

Does Destiny count as a game under "My Games on Demand"? Just preordered it digitally a few days ago, but I don't see it under MyPunchcard.

Eh, it says it's from Sept 4 - Nov 30. So if the program just started today, then the purchase I made is no good? That's stupid.

Sydle

I forgot about the Rewards program and that I was already signed up. Was wondering why I just got a $10 credit. I'm currently 98% to 3 stars. I buy all my games digital, as well as movies and TV shows through Xbox Video, so I should get to 5 stars quickly. The current game and movie punchcards will be easy to complete.

These rebates on top of the free games and game discounts is making Gold a pretty good deal, especially when I pay about $30 for a full year. : )

So the 'big reveal' here is that gamerscore now has zero impact on Rewards since it is now entirely based on how much money you've spent on digital games? That's it? Very lame, especially as they have been somewhat hyping this 'New' change through their surveys and such.

You can earn credits just for playing your free GwG games for more than 10 hours and there is another offer for referring friends to the program who sign up. They're both significantly smaller rewards than those earned by purchases though.

blazeuk

How is that even possible? You get a massive bump in points just for renewing Gold membership...

I never received anything from renewing gold last time I did it, I've been signed up for years and haven't had anything from it.

At the bottom of the rewards page they always show tons of winners of random prizes too and I've never actually seen anything on the dashboard for that type of stuff, is it just random luck if you happen to be doing something they've selected that month?

sangreal

I own a ton of xbox one digital titles and I'm only level 1 (despite having been registered for some time). I assume they haven't been counting

p3tran

Banned
I own a ton of xbox one digital titles and I'm only level 1 (despite having been registered for some time). I assume they haven't been counting
I've bought all games digital, excluding forza5 because collectors edition. and I mean I've bought almost every game..
this site says I am ...beginner (!) with ...zero points? wtf
lolol

Sorry if this sounds like a troll, on an Xbox-centric thread but...you can also do that on the PS4; heck even on PS3. Granted there's no EA access, but sharing games, purchasing games from an US account and Sony Rewards (in the US) are there.

It is kinda misleading what you are saying, because on PSN you have to make an extra US account to buy in the US store, the game share button has a 1 Hour limit.

(that's what I heard, if you have a different information please share, if PSN offers similar value I might get a PS4 when the good exclusives are coming out)

StillEdge

There must be a secret to it, because I have spent $343 in the past year and I am only 79% on the way to my second star.

Looks like it's time for me to go digital on consoles. Stack these rewards with discounted Microsoft Cards and you'll be saving quite a bit.

Top Bottom