• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got a Xbox One, having possible connectivity issues

Shauni

So, I got my Xbox One yesterday and was having all types of problems. Very laggy, downloading apps was near impossible. I was waiting minutes at a time between clicking on the install button for an app to the confirm screen. Couldn't check or change my profile, could only look at my achievement list about half the time. Checked online, saw that there was a lot of people having issues, presumably because of the huge influx of Destiny players.

So, I turned it off and decided to see how it played out today. For the most part, everything seems to be functioning pretty well. I managed to download all the apps I needed, and streamed both WWE Network and Amazon Instant (the shop still seems somewhat slow to me, compared to how quick and snappy everything else is).

But I'm still having issues. I can really only going in the My Profile about half the time, and often it will tell me it can't show my friends list or recent treads. I got MGSV, and it kept telling me it couldn't connect to the sever. Had to try like five times before it actually did. And my achievements aren't popping either? I still get them, but no sound or notification on screen at all.

Since everything else is functioning well, I'm assuming there's some type of issue here besides just Live being overwhelmed. Any ideas or suggestions? I'm it with WiFi, so I don't know if this could potentially be an issue. I use my Wii U with the same Wi-Fi and have no real issue, though.

watership

Can you do a networking test? There should be a bandwidth and XBL and network tests in the networking section. Are you wireless or wired? What does your nat say when you're connected?

Since everything else is functioning well, I'm assuming there's some type of issue here besides just Live being overwhelmed. Any ideas or suggestions? I'm it with WiFi, so I don't know if this could potentially be an issue. I use my Wii U with the same Wi-Fi and have no real issue, though.

If it's not too much hassle I would try it wired to see if the problem is how the XB1 is interacting with your wireless

Shauni

Try a hard reset? hold the power button for 10 seconds

How do I know if I did correctly? I did hold the button, and it came up to the Green start up screen but then right into asking me to sign in as usual. But now I'm having trouble signing in under my profile.

Can you do a networking test? There should be a bandwidth and XBL and network tests in the networking section. Are you wireless or wired? What does your nat say when you're connected?

When I first connected with my Wi-Fi the nat said open. How do you check it on the menu?

Shauni

Okay, finally got logged back in, and went into setting and found the network test. Did it, said that it was all good, and the nat is open. But it does say service info unavailable right before the nat. What's this in reference to? Live?

Shauni

Ended up breaking out the wire. Worked, everything is working smoothly now (not sure on the cheevos notifying, can't really play now). Very disappointing, one of the things I was hoping to get with the One was to get rid of that. I had an older Blu-ray player there that lacked Wi-Fi and the router is in a spot where I have to have the cable running right across the damn floor. Oh well.

Any ideas as to what the issue may have been? My Wii U uses it and I never have any kind of issues with its connectivity.

mike4001_

Any ideas as to what the issue may have been? My Wii U uses it and I never have any kind of issues with its connectivity.

If you have problems with your Wlan then a good starting point is to change the Wlan Channel in your router and try again.

You could also try changing the encryption mode.

If nothing helps and this is a rare case of incompatibilty then you should try to test another router (maybe borrow from a friend), to see if then the connection is better.

Top Bottom