• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanashrew

Banned
Pic is up and I dont know what Im looking at...

daily-en.jpg

"Pic of the day. Here's a glimpse of StreetSmash. Make sure to set this up once you get the game. The more fighters you play against at once, the more loot you can earn."

I thought people who play imports can use online street pass, maybe I was wrong. And just like Sakurai said, the loot is great in this mode, a lot of coins in a quick battle, sometimes even equipments.

Soo...can we only play this whenever we get a streetpass or against CPU whenever we want as well?
Treehouse video implies CPU is practice only.

The streetpass is also played against CPU though...shame the demo didn't have streetpass as it would have been nice to rack up hits before the game comes out.

Pic is up and I dont know what Im looking at...

daily-en.jpg

Pic of the day. Here's a glimpse of StreetSmash. Make sure to set this up once you get the game. The more fighters you play against at once, the more loot you can earn.

I was wondering when we would learn about the street pass features. SteetSmash is a great name. I play streetpass games a ton so it's nice to be able to use that get more stuff in Smash 3DS.

KHlover

Banned
Treehouse video implies CPU is practice only.

The streetpass is also played against CPU though...shame the demo didn't have streetpass as it would have been nice to rack up hits before the game comes out.

In the linked treehouse video it looks like you can "Practice" (you wont get as much coins as in real streetpass mode)

Good enough for me if the minigame is fun. which it probably wil lbe since it is based on Tinpin Slammer :D

At least practicing StreetSmash unlocks first StreetSmash challenge, and it's the only street pass challenge on first challenge page, you'll need it to unlock second page.

At least practicing StreetSmash unlocks first StreetSmash challenge, and it's the only street pass challenge on first challenge page, you'll need it to unlock second page.
Thats good to know. Even if it wasn't, sometimes, you just have to use a hammer whether you like it or not...

Reading more and more I cant help but think that the 3DS game is already packed with content...cant wait to see how much content the Wii U version will have :)

zroid

Banned
zlCfzSc1BdAGrlxJDu

Pic of the day. Here's a glimpse of StreetSmash. Make sure to set this up once you get the game. The more fighters you play against at once, the more loot you can earn

I am both interested and amused

emb

Today's picture ratings (out of 10):

Funny: 2
Interesting: 5

It's sort of funny in how it's almost still a menu, but intrinsically I'm not seeing much humor here or in the comment. Seeing the new street pass mode is interesting. Especially given that it looks like a strange/different minigame. But not much beyond a luke-warm curiosity. Overall: 8.2/10 (this is not an average.)

KHlover

Banned

It's sort of funny in how it's almost still a menu, but intrinsically I'm not seeing much humor here or in the comment. Seeing the new street pass mode is interesting. Especially given that it looks like a strange/different minigame. But not much beyond a luke-warm curiosity. Overall: 8.2/10 (this is not an average.)

Even if it's not...how did you get to the final score? You found the pic neither funny nor interesting, those are the only metrics you give. Based on that, how do you arrive at the overwhelmingly positive final score?

You have a bright future in games journalism ahead of you :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Someone just released text based dump on a note in public.

Only 49 (51) characters so no mention of dlc/cut/locked characters

no Isaac, Ray MK3, Ridley and Jill (I guess Ridley is too big to be in 3DS right now. :p)

I'm not sure if there is dlc slots or not.

emb

Even if it's not...how did you get to the final score? You found the pic neither funny nor interesting, those are the only metrics you give. Based on that, how do you arrive at the overwhelmingly positive final score?

You have a bright future in games journalism ahead of you :p
Just like your last line implies, the final score is completely made up and not relevant to the comments. Please understand.

The metrics are directly from Sakurai: "Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks."

-Horizon-

The sad thing is I've reached the point where I'm sick of the demo but every few hours I go crawling back to it because I need my fix.

also I like this avatar better

Its a safe drug!

I can only imagine how bad its going to be when we all have the full game and are all making coin bets in spectator mode.

KHlover

Banned
The sad thing is I've reached the point where I'm sick of the demo but every few hours I go crawling back to it because I need my fix.

also I like this avatar better
Haha same here zroid. Pretty burned out on the demo, too. Played it for eight hours straight after I got my code, now I can't stomach more than ten matches or so at a time :/

Your review is funnier than the supposedly "funny" PotD.

G2VNzLU.jpg

Even this guy is ecstatic about the new mode.

I've been thinking about who I plan to keep as a main from the previous games.

super_smash_bros_3ds_wii_u_roster_leak.jpg

Since Marth was supposedly nerfed, I will probably mostly keep Falco as my main. Has anyone formed any impressions about how he differs from Melee/Brawl? Also excited to try Link, as he was one of my mains in Melee but useless in Brawl. Ganon appears to still suck so probably not him. I played as Yoshi and Ness in Smash 64 but haven't seen much gameplay of them in 4 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom